Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Punk ass kids

apocalypseRC51 is offline Junior Member

Punk ass kids

Had a 165 pounder at the gym today telling me how he could bench 310, but he couldnt do it tonight because he had to do a full chest workout...

He then did 4 sets of flat bench's with 133lbs, and declines with 40 pound dumbells and went home..

As he was leaving I said, "Way to pump that chest man"

He said "Thanks man, I appreciate it"

He was no more than 16-17, so I didnt bother busting his ass... I think he just felt weak when He saw me and my partner busting out real reps

Why is weight so important to kids, and why do they have to lie about how much they can lift. Just lift and try your hardest, and i'll respect ya for it...

Lying to me tho, boldface ****ing lies, you get no respect there...

squatster is offline Associate Member
    that is to funny Bald-face. I hate going to some gyms. I am a big boy but becouse my shoulder I can't do as much I as I should and these kids are wise asses. Thay don't know ****. I puched on in the rare of the shoulder one day and made him get down and bench. I think he got the point the little bitch (sorry) Bald-face

decadbal is offline Banned
    well if kids care about weight so much, what do u mean about real reps? lol im just busting your balls bro, alot of young ppl are all about how much, when its about quality..i love the guys who lie then start out low..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    well if kids care about weight so much, what do u mean about real reps? lol im just busting your balls bro, alot of young ppl are all about how much, when its about quality..i love the guys who lie then start out low..lol

well, i was doing reps with 311lbs, so i figure he didnt want to feel weak.

But we all started somewhere, kids should realise that. Last thing I want to see is some kid injure himself severely trying to keep up with the big guys.

Its funny tho, only kids bust on people for training with smaller weight. Hell, i just got my dad into lifting, he's 44 and weak, but he gets respect for trying. I guess us older guys (ok, not that old, im 23) realize that doing things right is the best way

squatster is offline Associate Member
    that is cool as hell - lifting wiht your dad. My last comp there was a fother son there compeating. It was cool as hell the bond thay had

I dont lift *with* my dad, i train to heavy for him. But im teaching him proper technique and helping him lose weight. He's diabetic, and ive been trying to get him in the gym for some time. I help him out as much as I can.

The ego thing.......young and dumb..
    Sometimes a few kind words from a big bro could really help these guys.
    Please don't forget that. I will always be thankful to the big boys that took me under their wings. I was WILLING tho, in our day if you were a smart a$$ you got your a$$ busted. That is the one downer today. Some kids got no respect, but others are a sponge waiting to be filled up. So make the sh1theads clean up your weights while
    you help out the starry eyed ones. Heck their always good to buy ya a shake now and then........LOL

theres some kids we help alot, their doing well..

But walking into my gym and talking **** and telling lies, that just pisses me off.

imann is offline Member
    Yeah there are some younger kids with respect and common sense, those kids are fine, but I agree the smart a$$ kids need to be beat like a b*tch. It is fun to fvck with them a little bit...............it's healthy! I have seen kids almost get seriously hurt trying to go heavy.I watched a kid several weeks ago(mind you the kid was about 17 or 18, maybe 150 lbs) walk over to a bench that had two plates racked on it(225lbs.) and attempted to bench it ,no warm up what so ever, He some how un-racked it and then proceed to get pinned under the bar.....had to run over and pull it off of him.......fvckin' idiot!!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's cool about you dad, bro. Try to keep him going. Every one here knows how important it is for diabetics to train.
    About that punk kid and others like him. Frist time I tell them to just train as hard as possible while being safe. I'll even spot them and give them pointers on technique. If they keep talking trash and busting my balls, I just quit talking to them period.
    By the way, shoulder is getting better, I got three out at 225. Having a lift off & good spotter makes all the difference in the world.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypseRC51
    well, i was doing reps with 311lbs, so i figure he didnt want to feel weak.

But we all started somewhere, kids should realise that. Last thing I want to see is some kid injure himself severely trying to keep up with the big guys.

Its funny tho, only kids bust on people for training with smaller weight. Hell, i just got my dad into lifting, he's 44 and weak, but he gets respect for trying. I guess us older guys (ok, not that old, im 23) realize that doing things right is the best way
    311 pds? Thats a wierd amount ....but yes I think we all like to lift for ego at times! But the next day I am sure we all afree we feel better if we lifted with proper form

jonnytour is offline Member
    I am only 24 but I hate all the young punks that come in. They have no respect. I may noit be the biggest or strongest but I know a bit more about form and technique than most of the young bitches. I hate seeing some kid try to curl too much and endup doing a full body workout each rep! I am just waiting to see them get injured. While I am a bit older than some at the gym I have MAJOR respect for the guys that are older, wiser, stronger and bigger than me. If they give me advice I take it!! That's how it should be!

Maraxus is offline Banned
    we all started somewhere...I didnt know you guys woried about other people when you were training...I tend to zone everything and everyone out and worry about the task at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    we all started somewhere...I didnt know you guys woried about other people when you were training...I tend to zone everything and everyone out and worry about the task at hand.
    Pilates arnt really a task bro

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    That's kids for you....they just want to be admired like we all do. I'm like Maraxus....when I'm in the gym it's all about me. I'm an old bro so I know everyone can lift more than me anyway.....unless we're talking about squats.....and Big Ole Leggs isn't in the gym. hahahaha

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    i think im the strongest in my gym, im not but i think i am. if im walking around and see someone do a high weight i'll go on the machine or whatever and try and beat their weight im mega competetive

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    i think im the strongest in my gym, im not but i think i am. if im walking around and see someone do a high weight i'll go on the machine or whatever and try and beat their weight im mega competetive
    I would sooooo load the squat bar with a 1000 pounds and act as though I was finishing up as you walked by. hahahahahahaha

I'm exactly the opposite...

When I'm at the gym, nobody else exists... I am alone. I even have the MP3 player on at full volume so nobody will talk to me.

I don't care what others do and I don't care what others think of my routine, I'm not there for them.

Focus focus focus!

Red

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    I would sooooo load the squat bar with a 1000 pounds and act as though I was finishing up as you walked by. hahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahaha im an ass bro i'd probably try it

A friend of mine was benchin his maximum, 200lbs (hes a tiny 120lbs kid though) and a girl walked past, i shouted out "11, come on man you can get another 9"

Lol it was his first rep

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Why act? just throw the 1k on teh bar, let it bend a lil then throw it around . Nah just joking, I wish I could squat 1000, All I can get as of now is about 635 or so, but Hopefully when this test and EQ kicks in a lil I will be able to get that to almost 700 before the end of my cycle. but who knows, I might be at a sticking spot.

Peace
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    Why act? just throw the 1k on teh bar, let it bend a lil then throw it around . Nah just joking, I wish I could squat 1000, All I can get as of now is about 635 or so, but Hopefully when this test and EQ kicks in a lil I will be able to get that to almost 700 before the end of my cycle. but who knows, I might be at a sticking spot.

Peace
    Alex
    I do walk-outs with 800 but that's about it! Sqauting down isn't the real problem....it's the standing up afterwards where I find diffuculty. hahahahaha

houseofpain is offline Banned
    there does seem to be some thing about young fellas lying about how strong they are. i really respect those guys who admit they are weak but bust they're a$$ to get strong.
    ~HOP

hahahahahahahahaha im an ass bro i'd probably try it

A friend of mine was benchin his maximum, 200lbs (hes a tiny 120lbs kid though) and a girl walked past, i shouted out "11, come on man you can get another 9"

Lol it was his first rep
    LMAO thats absolutly awsome

Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    there does seem to be some thing about young fellas lying about how strong they are. i really respect those guys who admit they are weak but bust they're a$$ to get strong.
    ~HOP
    I agree. There is absolutely NO NEED to lie about hou strng or weak you are. As long as you do your best and keep striving for more you have my respect! If you have to lie about your strength you are worthless in my eyes!

darmadoc is offline Member
    Every time I have gotten injured in the gym, it has been a result of my ego making me do something stupid!

decadbal is offline Banned
    my ego doesnt drive me bc of other ppl in the gym, it drives me bc of ppl in bodybuilding, not many ppl in my gym are stonger than me, and def not on core stuff, i dont care tho, my completely secure with what i am and have, so no need to compete with ppl who dont know your competing..thats retarded..messy..LOL

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I'll be the first to admit that I don't lift very heavy, I need to check my ego at the door cuz I don't want to hurt myself. But I lift with very strict form and use negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    311 pds? Thats a wierd amount

We use metric weights here in canadaland

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    This is a funny thread.

When I started out i was a punk kid and was focused bout weight to try and "impress"

Learned alot since then

I remember Maning up a few times to the big guys in the gym though I remeber maxing out on decline at 265 pounds when I was a skrawny 150 pound punk kid.

This was however with a little help from sust i was on.

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypseRC51
    We use metric weights here in canadaland
    hm I am in Canada too lol I guess I have normal weight at my gym stupid KG's lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    This is a funny thread.

When I started out i was a punk kid and was focused bout weight to try and "impress"

Learned alot since then

I remember Maning up a few times to the big guys in the gym though I remeber maxing out on decline at 265 pounds when I was a skrawny 150 pound punk kid.

This was however with a little help from sust i was on.
    Yea man I think everyone who does decline is doing there ego lift.. It seems that everyone can pile up more weight on it so they do it! But yea I think for most people who started off in their teens at a gym they were "some punk kid"

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yea man I think everyone who does decline is doing there ego lift.. It seems that everyone can pile up more weight on it so they do it!
    Nope.

Well let me re-phrase... Not EVERYONE.. but it seems in my gym that I high percentage start with decline and about 75% of that group do a 2 inch movement.. I don't see the point in starting with decline? So to me they are ego lifting but I could be wrong

Yea man I think everyone who does decline is doing there ego lift.. It seems that everyone can pile up more weight on it so they do it! But yea I think for most people who started off in their teens at a gym they were "some punk kid"
    Wow...You have said some dumb things before but I think this takes the cake!! Not EVERYONE who does decline is doing it for ego....it is to work the lower pec to obtain better definition. Secondly I started lifting when I was a teenager and I was certainly NOT a punk ass kid! I had respect for the bigger stronger guys at the gym. I did NOT walk around like I thought I was king **** the way kids today seem to...and I am not talking about all kids either. It just seems all these little pukes today have no respect for anyone or anything, that is until they get the crap kicked outta them.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytour
    Wow...You have said some dumb things before but I think this takes the cake!! Not EVERYONE who does decline is doing it for ego....it is to work the lower pec to obtain better definition. Secondly I started lifting when I was a teenager and I was certainly NOT a punk ass kid! I had respect for the bigger stronger guys at the gym. I did NOT walk around like I thought I was king **** the way kids today seem to...and I am not talking about all kids either. It just seems all these little pukes today have no respect for anyone or anything, that is until they get the crap kicked outta them.
    haha Me thinks you have too much pent up aggression.. go wack off or something ... no I agree not EVERYONE is doing it for ego, as per my re-statement.. I just find a lot of people in our gym start with it and love it because they can Pile the weight on.. I know in grade 12 I was doing it with about 4 others for that reason.. Cmon man think about the big guy at our gym...he starts with it and does the 2 inch movement.. granted its with like 455 but still

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Well let me re-phrase... Not EVERYONE.. but it seems in my gym that I high percentage start with decline and about 75% of that group do a 2 inch movement.. I don't see the point in starting with decline? So to me they are ego lifting but I could be wrong
    Those ppl don't know how to lift... and should just stick to looking pretty like you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Those ppl don't know how to lift... and should just stick to looking pretty like you.....
    BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Former Punk A$$ kid here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    haha I can't help my good looks ... you know what im saying though

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    Former Punk A$$ kid here.
    OWNED!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information