Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    chevy44 is offline Member
    i was at the gym o0ne day and i saw this guy, in his 30's, working out with his son or nephew. the kid was about 6 foot 140 lbs probably no older than 16 and it was obvious that he was just begining to hit the weights. now this guy who was "showing him the ropes" was incredible (sarcasm), he is the grunter, tank top wearer, heavy sweater w/ a head band and beer gut mixed. every lift he showed the kid he demonstrated bad form, and i honestly watched him do about 7 lifts and they all sucked in form. now the sad thing was that this guy thought he was the sh*t, he threw on 315 in squat and did about 8 reps going only a quarter of the way down, and then the kids would do a set and do exactly what the guy did.... this really pissed me off cuz when i went up to the guy and said something he shrugged me off like i was an idiot and he knew everything, so as i walked away i looked at the kid and told him that he was wasting his time and that he should discard any information the fat man had given him that day..i know it was childish but the guy m ade me sick.. thanx for the vent

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy44
    i was at the gym o0ne day and i saw this guy, in his 30's, working out with his son or nephew. the kid was about 6 foot 140 lbs probably no older than 16 and it was obvious that he was just begining to hit the weights. now this guy who was "showing him the ropes" was incredible (sarcasm), he is the grunter, tank top wearer, heavy sweater w/ a head band and beer gut mixed. every lift he showed the kid he demonstrated bad form, and i honestly watched him do about 7 lifts and they all sucked in form. now the sad thing was that this guy thought he was the sh*t, he threw on 315 in squat and did about 8 reps going only a quarter of the way down, and then the kids would do a set and do exactly what the guy did.... this really pissed me off cuz when i went up to the guy and said something he shrugged me off like i was an idiot and he knew everything, so as i walked away i looked at the kid and told him that he was wasting his time and that he should discard any information the fat man had given him that day..i know it was childish but the guy m ade me sick.. thanx for the vent
    Actually one of my pet peives in the gym is that guy that always wants to critique everyones form. In the 12 years I've been working out, I've had about 3 or 4 different guys walk up to me and try to "show me the right way". I just wanted to punch them in the face. I never help anyone unless they ask for help. If they ask me a question, I am more than happy to spend even half an hour with them to help them. But if they don't ask, they obviously don't want to be bothered.

No offense to you though.

bigman96 is offline Junior Member
    *definately the skinny trainer trying to tell u how to bulk
    *the small guy talking loudly about steroids
    *the little guy with the flared out arms
    *the guys with 20 inch arms and pencil legs(do some squats u mother fuvker)
    *the guys screaming to bench 155

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    You forgot this guy!!!
    Admit it... you were impressed by my physique and my non-chalant way of standing that looked so candid and un-posed. Fess up... you think I'm SEXY.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Yelly lifty guy. You know, the guy who does some oddball exercise youve never seen and cant even think of what it works, and screams like hes passing a kidney stone.

The 'weight throwers': You know, sometimes its ok, cause when your doin dumbbell presses with 100's and you finish, its tough to lower them down, so you drop them sometimes. But when someone is doing inclined, and ite like 40 lbs, and they finish with a grunt and toss them on the ground, that pisses me off.

The 'talkers': Sit on the machine you want for 45 minutes, bust out 1-2 sets in that whole time, and just talk about their day.

The bitchers: the guys who bitch about all the work they put into the gym, 2 days a week, 1 hour each day, with horrible form, and bitch that they dont see anything.

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    There is always the c*ck blocker. The once in a blue moon you are talking to the hot girl in the gym and some dude comes over to ask you to give him a spot.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    THE NOTORIOUS NEW YEAR RESOLUTION CROWD!!! (beware, only 2 more days)

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    i dont think this even needs an explanation...

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    ha ha

oh yeah i forgot about them - the gym is alway really busy and full of fat @sses in the new year

doesnt last long though

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    we've got a guy(all 140lbs)who likes to throw the occasional "karate kick" in front of the mirror after his set!
    what a fukin' tool!
    We have this guy too, but he's 5'7" 165lbs, all blubber. He finnishes a set of cable x-overs and proceeds to go through a karate form. It's funny as sh**.
    What are people thinking????????????
    peace,
    otto

we've got a guy(all 140lbs)who likes to throw the occasional "karate kick" in front of the mirror after his set!
    what a fukin' tool!
    We have this guy too, but he's 5'7" 165lbs, all blubber. He finnishes a set of cable x-overs and proceeds to go through a karate form. It's funny as sh**.
    peace,
    otto

what a fukin' tool!
    peace,
    otto

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    They already started here...

Of all days to have my MP3 player batteries die, yesterday was the worst. Resolutionners crowd all over the gym, and half of them would not shut the heck up!

Yap yap yap.... non stop.... gab gab gab...

Gym felt like a goddam chicken coop yesterday

It's gonna be a rough month...

Red

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    They already started here...

Of all days to have my MP3 player batteries die, yesterday was the worst. Resolutionners crowd all over the gym, and half of them would not shut the heck up!

Yap yap yap.... non stop.... gab gab gab...

Gym felt like a goddam chicken coop yesterday

It's gonna be a rough month...

Red
    I forgot what they were like, but they're coming.

shango88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    ive never understood why ppl do cardio with a fan on them... at all..
    BUMP.
    Anyone know?
    It annoys me to have a fan on during cardio.
    Last edited by shango88; 12-29-2004 at 04:42 PM.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shango88
    BUMP.
    Anyone know?
    to keep cool...I know it dosen't make sence but thats the reason..

shango88 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K$I$N$G$P$I$N
    to keep cool...I know it dosen't make sence but thats the reason..
    Yeah, i dont now.

Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    i dont think ive ever seen someone do dumbells with 5lbers..lol you guys need to worry about yourself more and stop whining about ppl around u..
    I used to have a lot of pet peeves about other people at the gym. Then one day I realized that I'm there for no one else but me and that I had better learn to "keep the focus on myself". I can't change the world so to speak. I think of it as a mental challenge when I go to the gym in that I learn to concentrate and tune out all of the **** around me.

darmadoc is offline Member
    The older women who wear enough perfume to choke a moose!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate the shadow boxers..the karate-kid wanna-bes...OG-rap white kid that wears the crushed velvet track suit, which doesnt stay up...he just trolls around rapping with his pants around his ass. I hate the pretty boys that come in with the matching Abercrombie and Fitch shirts and sun visiors.

Hed
    hahahahaha, the new years people

they are the best.

only last for like 2 weeks tho, bastards.

I cant stand the people that come in and act like they are all serious and are wearing like friggin jeans and buttondown shirts and start benchin and stuff. cracks me up

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member
    Let me just say: sick people!

mother fukers need to stay at home instead of coughing on there hands and touching all the equipment, wiping there nose exc. i want to drop a 45 pound plate on thier face.

i'll take a deep breath now and leave it at that.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    ive never understood why ppl do cardio with a fan on them... at all..
    Don't even get me started on this ****ing ****. I was doing my cardio the other day and i swear they turned the AC on and it was blowing on me, if i was not in the middle of my cardio i would have went postal on there asses. I was pissed. This is at 6AM and 20 degrees outside, wtf?

It was on a bit this morning but not as bad, still keep your **** fans and AC off me for gods sake, i'm trying to sweat over here.

apocalypseRC51 is offline Junior Member
    the kid who always tries to talk to me DURING my sets...

i dont mind giving what little advice i can if youask, but wait till im taking a **** break.... He's young and curious and trains hard tho.

Hed
    It pisses me off too when you are focusing on yourself in the mirror and some ass just like grabs dumbbells right off the rack in front of you and proceeds to do a set right there.

Move it, or you will have a 45 stuck in your skull......

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    People who use up all the plates on the leg press and the calf raises and dont bother to rerack when they finish.

people who smell

people who never use a towel and leave the equipment nasty wet and greasy.
    (I hate that schit!!!)...I chewed someone out the other day for that!!

I dont mind people talking or wearing funny clothes or whatever, its their right. Every one comes to the gym for a different purpose, none of us are perfect.
    it becomes a problem when people become inconsiderate and directly interfere with your workout!
    Thats when you slip on you good bitchslapping glove and give it a workout.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    It pisses me off too when you are focusing on yourself in the mirror and some ass just like grabs dumbbells right off the rack in front of you and proceeds to do a set right there.

Move it, or you will have a 45 stuck in your skull......

I think mirrors take away from from focusing on doing the exercise,
    but everyone has their thing,

it just seems like instead of wasting energy admiring yourself you could redirect that energy to your actual performance
    ...unless you have really bad hand eye coordination.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypseRC51
    the kid who always tries to talk to me DURING my sets...

i dont mind giving what little advice i can if youask, but wait till im taking a **** break.... He's young and curious and trains hard tho.

people talking to you during a set, that is so fcking annoying
    why do they do it? and they expect you to talk back to them
    fcuk off

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    people talking to you during a set, that is so fcking annoying
    why do they do it? and they expect you to talk back to them
    fcuk off
    The dumb guy that tells me I look like Dale Jr. every time I see him, and the mentally challenged guy that introduces himself every day, and gets all close to me in the spa....

decadbal is offline Banned
    mentally challanged..wow i havnt seen that in a gym. that seems kinda dangerous to me

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    11. The guy who moans and grunts as if he is lifting a friggin Volkswagen...
    yeah, we have a few of those...

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    I think mirrors take away from from focusing on doing the exercise,
    but everyone has their thing,

it just seems like instead of wasting energy admiring yourself you could redirect that energy to your actual performance
    ...unless you have really bad hand eye coordination.
    I'm like that. I'm like a bull in a china shop. I have much better sets if I can see what I'm doing. It's also good for noobs to watch thier form.

Oooh, I hate those guys that stack up 1000lbs or so on the leg press, do half reps, and then leave it all there.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I know gyms are for all with membership. I am there to focus on one thing - an intense workout. But, the one killer thing to me in guys or gals that ware heavy cologne or perfume. I just blows my consentration all to h-ell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    I know gyms are for all with membership. I am there to focus on one thing - an intense workout. But, the one killer thing to me in guys or gals that ware heavy cologne or perfume. I just blows my consentration all to h-ell.
    but you have to smell pretty for the ladies
    next time you go to the club you might see that fine girl from your gym..
    I wear cologne not to heavy ,girls always tell me how good I smell...Then I invite them to see my banana in the locker room...

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    what made me mad was the other day i was benching, and these 2 guys were benching next to me.. they were like 5'10 160lbs.. the most they were benching was like 225... but these are the same guys for some unknown reason that look over at me (5'7" 180lbs) putting 365lbs on the bar, talking to each other and look likke they are laughing...sons of bitche$ what are you lookin at?? lol.. i dont really care my spotter just told me about it..

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    I really try to ignore everyone and just do what i gotta do. I keep my head down and give quick one work answers.

But I cant stand the ones that think they can cheer me up and make me talk to them. Im not mean or angry but if you keep bugging me I will difinately snap.

One more. Im not the freshest smelling person at the gym but I always try to shower before and after (I dont want to stink) I know it happens when you work out. BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS THE SAME ONES THAT WHEN YOU WALK BY OR THEY WALK BYE YOU IT SMELLS LIKE THE WORST B.O. IN THE WORLD. Thats why deodorant is made.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I was training the other day and a guy was training chest next to me. During his sets he was shouting "WOOoooo" and "light weight BABY". THe only excuse he could have had for that was actually being Ronnie Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I was training the other day and a guy was training chest next to me. During his sets he was shouting "WOOoooo" and "light weight BABY". THe only excuse he could have had for that was actually being Ronnie Coleman.
    or being 300 at under 10% bodyfat then you can pretty much say anything you want,like ronnie...Light as a peanut...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    mentally challanged..wow i havnt seen that in a gym. that seems kinda dangerous to me
    Well my gym is a health spa as well, and this guy just chills in the steam room, pool area, and locker room. I guess its something to keep him busy, but I think he's gay.

Trixie is offline Female Member

Most Annoying Gym People

Gotta add my 2 cents worth

1. The guy that sits on the machine during his rests. (I have had some that would not let me work in a set..or when they do they do not wipe off their sweat yuck)
    2. The guy who thinks lifting more than he can handle for 2 reps will get him the body he wants. (and think of the poor scrawny-assed partner he has with him who has to spot him!)
    3. The guy that gets pissed off because I am using the free weights (most likely because I am using the same weight as him )
    4. Guys who only train Chest and Arms (look at those chicken legs !!)
    5. The guy that has to check out his hair after every set. (Please, it's a gym at work, who ya gonna pick up, the mail lady???)
    6. Women who lift way to little. We have a few at the gym that are so skinny. They do tons of cardio then come over to the benches and do 2lb dumbell curls. trust me you won't look like Arnold!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information