GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

My new philosophy on life....

I spent the better part of 7 years feeling guilty for every little stupid thing i've done... a lot of which weren't a big deal... Why did I do this? Because of Religion! Now i'm not trying to offend ppl here since I am very close with God... But I just got to thinking... Does God really want me to walk around for the rest of my life feeling guilty for everything? Or does God want me to enjoy the life I have... and be a good person to others and myself. I truly think God wants all of us to be Happy with our lives... But as far as following a certain religion I don't know how much I believe in it anymore... I just look at it as "Man created Religion, Not God" I'm sure God is more then pleased with the good things I do... but also understands that i'm human and that i'm capable of mistakes... This is within reason though, I'm not going to be a "Carefree do everything for me, and the hell with everyone else" type of person... I couldn't be that person if I tried, Because I love making others happy. So the way I see it... I'm living my life for God now, Not Religion... That's just the way I see things.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    You know I think you're a good guy, and will make the right decisions in your life...
    One of the most standup guys on the boards, so more power to ya GQ...

Thanks bro, Same goes... You're a great guy for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    You know I think you're a good guy, and will make the right decisions in your life...
    One of the most standup guys on the boards, so more power to ya GQ...

Thx bro, appreciated.

What religion btw? Christian, catholic,...?

catholic bro,

Ahhh ok.... alot of my boys are Catholic...
    I respect ANYone's religion, but often question it's purpose... (religion that is)...
    I attended Catholic, Christian, and Public schools for example, and am in the middle when it comes to any topic... too much to consider, so I don't judge

It just doesn't seem to make sence... No birth control, no masterbation... According to my religion I should over populate the world and die of prostate cancer... amongst other things. lol

LMAO...
    I know...
    My boys that are Catholic(not that is matters) all smoke herb too (not saying it's good or bad), but they condone it because it's 'from the Earth, why else would it be here?'...
    A good example of contridicting beliefs in society/religion...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Yo Quadzilla
    As one believer to another..i think you're taking the right direction.
    Live for God.
    His doctrine states the basic things a christian should do are:

1.Believe
    2.Read his word
    3.Establish a Covenant with Him
    And
    4.congregate ("where 1 or 2 are gathered")

I find that denominations cloud things after those 4 events.

Read your bible and apply it to your life...enjoy talking to God...Enjoy life

Great post bro, Very well spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Yo Quadzilla
    As one believer to another..i think you're taking the right direction.
    Live for God.
    His doctrine states the basic things a christian should do are:

1.Believe
    2.Read his word
    3.Establish a Covenant with Him
    And
    4.congregate ("where 1 or 2 are gathered")

I find that denominations cloud things after those 4 events.

Read your bible and apply it to your life...enjoy talking to God...Enjoy life

I am sure whoever/whatever your god is, he has already fogiven you for whatever you have done in your past. And I dont think that "God" would want anyone wasting their life thinking about past bridges that were burnt and cant be walked across again. Especially after you have asked for forgivness and are sorry for what you did.

Just the way I think about it
    Alex

You're definitely right in thinking that way... Nice post bud,
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    I am sure whoever/whatever your god is, he has already fogiven you for whatever you have done in your past. And I dont think that "God" would want anyone wasting their life thinking about past bridges that were burnt and cant be walked across again. Especially after you have asked for forgivness and are sorry for what you did.

Just the way I think about it
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    You're definitely right in thinking that way... Nice post bud,

I mean because I know I was young and stupid before (I guess I am still young, and probally still stupid, but not in the same way). In high school, and whatnot I guess I never really thought "I wonder how it feels being on the other end" of things that I would do/say to people you know? I dont know if this is the same kind of stuff your talking about, but I know I grew up, and I am sure everyone goes through this type of stage.

Peace
    Alex

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    "Man created Religion, Not God"
    Good quote bro.

This subject opens up a whole can of worms when it comes to the existance of God, peoples faith and if they believe etc.

I personally believe that there is no God. I believe he was invented for exactly the reason that gods, people, legends and fairy tales get invented -its convenient.

Q. How do you stop people from eating beef?
    A. Say god told you not to.

Its happened for thousands of years, gods are created to serve a purpose, to facilitate the needs of the moment. Its a way to control people, to give people hope, to strike fear.

I look at things in a very analytical way, a scientific way and look to explain every detail. I only believe what i see. There is no way, absolutely NO WAY that a God can exist.

Disclaimer, these are my views, my opinions. This is not meant to offend anyone, if it does then let know. Im not out to preach

maxex is offline Member
    No need to feel guilty as long as you have repented. Jesus died on the cross for your sins so you wouldnt have to live with them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    No need to feel guilty as long as you have repented. Jesus died on the cross for your sins so you wouldnt have to live with them yourself.
    Amen
    Alex

Thread Information