Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Kelvin's Avatar
    Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    129

    Trouble buying Threads

    It's finally happened. I am having trouble buying pants. It seems that now my thighs are as big or a little bigger than my waist. Now jeans fit great in the leg but are way too big in the waist or they fit great in the waist, that is if I can get them over my thighs. How do some of you guys deal with this problem? Where do you go to buy jeans?

    The store clerks tell me I have the perfect body. Great. Unfortunately, the clothing designers don't think so.

    Kelvin

  2. #2
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Either get them tailored, or just buy bigger jeans and sag 'em.

    ~SC~

  3. #3
    Azer's Avatar
    Azer is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14
    I remember reading that old navy has some pretty wide pants with average size waste. Just start looking around at different places for brands that offer a loose fit, they possibly may be able to get the job done. If you do go out and find a company that makes nice pants for guys with large legs let us know, definetly appreciate it.

  4. #4
    BigJames's Avatar
    BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,311
    Yeah, buy wide legs bro. I have the same problem when buying a suit. The jacket size I need (50") only comes with like 44" waist pants and I need a 34". I always buy wide leg pants...otherwise I am uncomfortable. I have heard that this issue is why bber's in the 80's wore those funny tapered sweatpants and panters overalls.

  5. #5
    BigJames's Avatar
    BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,311
    ...and yes, Old Navy does have wide leg pants...I am wearing some right now...got'em for $19.50 CDN...can't go wrong.

  6. #6
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    i get bigger jeans.. when i wear that crap..lol

  7. #7
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    i have to wear a 36" waist when my waist is 32". Just buy bigger trousers and a belt.

  8. #8
    Kelvin's Avatar
    Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i have to wear a 36" waist when my waist is 32". Just buy bigger trousers and a belt.
    So much for showing off a great bod with a nice pair of jeans. I have a friend in NY that designs jeans for places like Walmart, K-mart and Target. He says the chances are slim to none that they will ever design jeans with black people or bodybuilders in mind. Maybe that will be a nice market for someone to break into.

    Anyways, thanks for the information. Just a little pissed because I bought a killer pair of jeans that cost a fortune only to find out that I will have to pay another fortune to have them rebuilt. Just my preference but I really don't like the baggy look, even though it is in style these days. At 41 years old, I think I'm just a little too old to be kickin' it like that.

  9. #9
    t-money's Avatar
    t-money is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    534
    Yep bigger size jeans. I think most people around here have that issue. I buy 36" jeans when my waist measures 33". It sucks...

    T

  10. #10
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    So much for showing off a great bod with a nice pair of jeans. I have a friend in NY that designs jeans for places like Walmart, K-mart and Target. He says the chances are slim to none that they will ever design jeans with black people or bodybuilders in mind. Maybe that will be a nice market for someone to break into.

    Anyways, thanks for the information. Just a little pissed because I bought a killer pair of jeans that cost a fortune only to find out that I will have to pay another fortune to have them rebuilt. Just my preference but I really don't like the baggy look, even though it is in style these days. At 41 years old, I think I'm just a little too old to be kickin' it like that.
    i try and avoid spending alot on jeans etc esp if i wear them alot because i always end up wearing holes int he material as my legs rub together.

  11. #11
    Kelvin's Avatar
    Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i try and avoid spending alot on jeans etc esp if i wear them alot because i always end up wearing holes int he material as my legs rub together.
    And I thought I was the only one that had that problem with my legs rubbing together. Here's another one. Short pants and underwear riding up my legs.

  12. #12
    Scooby1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Zacapu
    Posts
    555
    that sucks I hate when my shorts ride up. I go with lucky Jeans-Wide leg. The only thing bad is when you wear a dressy shirt that goes past your waist it look like you go a huge waist. I guess you can tuck it in for that though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •