Kelvin is offline Junior Member

Trouble buying Threads

It's finally happened. I am having trouble buying pants. It seems that now my thighs are as big or a little bigger than my waist. Now jeans fit great in the leg but are way too big in the waist or they fit great in the waist, that is if I can get them over my thighs. How do some of you guys deal with this problem? Where do you go to buy jeans?

The store clerks tell me I have the perfect body. Great. Unfortunately, the clothing designers don't think so.

Kelvin

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Either get them tailored, or just buy bigger jeans and sag 'em.

~SC~

Azer is offline New Member
    I remember reading that old navy has some pretty wide pants with average size waste. Just start looking around at different places for brands that offer a loose fit, they possibly may be able to get the job done. If you do go out and find a company that makes nice pants for guys with large legs let us know, definetly appreciate it.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, buy wide legs bro. I have the same problem when buying a suit. The jacket size I need (50") only comes with like 44" waist pants and I need a 34". I always buy wide leg pants...otherwise I am uncomfortable. I have heard that this issue is why bber's in the 80's wore those funny tapered sweatpants and panters overalls.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    ...and yes, Old Navy does have wide leg pants...I am wearing some right now...got'em for $19.50 CDN...can't go wrong.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i get bigger jeans.. when i wear that crap..lol

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i have to wear a 36" waist when my waist is 32". Just buy bigger trousers and a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i have to wear a 36" waist when my waist is 32". Just buy bigger trousers and a belt.
    So much for showing off a great bod with a nice pair of jeans. I have a friend in NY that designs jeans for places like Walmart, K-mart and Target. He says the chances are slim to none that they will ever design jeans with black people or bodybuilders in mind. Maybe that will be a nice market for someone to break into.

Anyways, thanks for the information. Just a little pissed because I bought a killer pair of jeans that cost a fortune only to find out that I will have to pay another fortune to have them rebuilt. Just my preference but I really don't like the baggy look, even though it is in style these days. At 41 years old, I think I'm just a little too old to be kickin' it like that.

t-money is offline Member
    Yep bigger size jeans. I think most people around here have that issue. I buy 36" jeans when my waist measures 33". It sucks...

T

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    So much for showing off a great bod with a nice pair of jeans. I have a friend in NY that designs jeans for places like Walmart, K-mart and Target. He says the chances are slim to none that they will ever design jeans with black people or bodybuilders in mind. Maybe that will be a nice market for someone to break into.

Anyways, thanks for the information. Just a little pissed because I bought a killer pair of jeans that cost a fortune only to find out that I will have to pay another fortune to have them rebuilt. Just my preference but I really don't like the baggy look, even though it is in style these days. At 41 years old, I think I'm just a little too old to be kickin' it like that.
    i try and avoid spending alot on jeans etc esp if i wear them alot because i always end up wearing holes int he material as my legs rub together.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i try and avoid spending alot on jeans etc esp if i wear them alot because i always end up wearing holes int he material as my legs rub together.
    And I thought I was the only one that had that problem with my legs rubbing together. Here's another one. Short pants and underwear riding up my legs.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    that sucks I hate when my shorts ride up. I go with lucky Jeans-Wide leg. The only thing bad is when you wear a dressy shirt that goes past your waist it look like you go a huge waist. I guess you can tuck it in for that though.

Thread Information