Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

for the guys that carry guns

carry your guns into a bar or club. now if your gonna be drinking id say its a absolute no no, but i dont drink when i go out. sooo my gun is on me pretty much 24/7, if the club or bar is pattin down then it stays in my car cause i havent gotten something small enought to pass threw the pat down test. i have one friend that carrys 2 small guns on him 24/7 and the other day we went to a strip club, they had a metal detector and pat down and he still made it into the place with his metal. he walked threw the metal detector and it went off, then he got patted down and they didnt feel anything. i find this pretty crazy, but at the same time it scares the **** out of me cause im sure he isnt the only one that does that at a club or bar with metal detectors or pat down. my friend by the way is a bounty hunter in vegas. the exact name is "bail inforcement officer" he does it for free, with like 3 or 4 other guys, they get paid but he does it for fun. this is also the kid that bought 105k worth of guns the other day. yes he's very very rich.

but anyway back to my original question, do you carry in a club or bar if your not gonna be drinking

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    No.. asking for more trouble than its worth

imann is offline Member
    No I've been shot and I still prefer to handle it with my fists like a man....you don't have to be tough to pull a trigger, however I wish I would have had my piece when I did get popped. Pretty much stays under the front seat...thank God! Interesting post.............oh yeah does your buddy buy the drinks....lol

decadbal is offline Banned
    no, never, anywhere a situation can be volitale i don carrry a weapon..

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I carry concealed whenever I'm away from the island but never, ever into any establishment serving alcohol. Big no no and asking for trouble. We had a big problem with women getting kidnapped from parking lots, phonebooths, etc. If someone tries to get me they are in for a FIGHT!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Swellin Guest
    I replied over at AM, but I will add it here as well. I understand why you want to do so. You want to be protected against the trash who would carry one in there to be a big shot. You, on the other hand only want it for protection. The problem is that this is illegal, and a surefire way to get in trouble with the law.

While I realize that you won't carry it while drinking, the fact is that you might be with somebody who gets into trouble with the law. You might get drawn in through no fault of your own, and get time for it.

Just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I replied over at AM, but I will add it here as well. I understand why you want to do so. You want to be protected against the trash who would carry one in there to be a big shot. You, on the other hand only want it for protection. The problem is that this is illegal, and a surefire way to get in trouble with the law.

While I realize that you won't carry it while drinking, the fact is that you might be with somebody who gets into trouble with the law. You might get drawn in through no fault of your own, and get time for it.

Just not worth it.
    but what do you do about the walk out of the bar or club after it closes? here in philly thats when most of the shootings happen, or people try to rob you. what am i to do if i left my gun in my car? and then what if my car is stolen? that person now has access to my fire arm. if its on me, they'd have to kill me to have access

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    dude you don't want to go to jail for muurder. just keep your gak in the car. if you are that woried about it then maybe you could get some pepper spray or a stun gun, at least when the guy takes it from you he cant kill you with it.

dtr98 is offline Member
    stay out of areas where you'll need one! simple as that!!

Be Real is offline Banned
    In my state carrying a gun into a establishment serving alcohol EVEN IF you have a concealed weapon permit is a felony. You will have your right to carry a gun taken away, put in jail for who knows how long and pay lots of money to a lawyer, then be on probation with a felony on your record for a long time, good luck finiding a decent job after that. You do not even have to flash the gun or pull it out. If they search you and decide to report you to the cops, youre screwed. I suggest leaving it in your car at all times.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    stay out of areas where you'll need one! simple as that!!
    hate to break it to you bud, but some of us live in the areas where we need them. then wtf are we supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    hate to break it to you bud, but some of us live in the areas where we need them. then wtf are we supposed to do?
    thank you lol

just to clear this up a little, in my state i can carry anywhere i want except court houses or school buildings: this below is from packing.org

Date updated: Thursday, July 1, 2004

*Court Houses
    Primary and Secondary Schools and their Property.

*Admin Note: The Common Pleas Court Ruling (6/4/04) about banning firearms in Courthouses states that only the Courtrooms, the District Attorney's Office and Judges' Chambers, but not the whole building can be posted with no firearms allowed signs by Counties. This ruling does not carry jurisdiction over similar ordinances in counties other than Jefferson but if someone tried to challenge such an ordinance, they'd have the Jefferson County ruling as ammunition. How Northampton County handles the situation.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    In WA it is a felony too. If it's not in PA, and if you have the appropriate permit to carry it without getting in trouble and if you aren't drinking, then do what you feel is best to protect yourself. Just be smart and be safe JC .
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why not be PRO-active and not get yourself into the scenarios in the first place?

If a club/area is gangsta/filth/ghetto ridden, why worry about what you are going to take/not take w/you?

Why go in the first place? Don't you owe it to yourself to go somewhere above all that sh*t, where more level headed/sane individuals congregate?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    In WA it is a felony too. If it's not in PA, and if you have the appropriate permit to carry it without getting in trouble and if you aren't drinking, then do what you feel is best to protect yourself. Just be smart and be safe JC .
    yes i am completly legal with permits and all that fun stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why not be PRO-active and not get yourself into the scenarios in the first place?

If a club/area is gangsta/filth/ghetto ridden, why worry about what you are going to take/not take w/you?

Why go in the first place? Don't you owe it to yourself to go somewhere above all that sh*t, where more level headed/sane individuals congregate?

~SC~
    if i took that approch then i might as well never go out again in town. ask loz on AM, philly does have that type of sh-t go down quite often. if your downtown where all the clubs are you are in threat. so if i wanted to take myself out of that situation id have to just lock myself in my house the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    if i took that approch then i might as well never go out again in town. ask loz on AM, philly does have that type of sh-t go down quite often. if your downtown where all the clubs are you are in threat. so if i wanted to take myself out of that situation id have to just lock myself in my house the rest of my life.
    That's pretty sad, sorry to hear that.

Blessed am I to not have to worry about those situations. I could only imagine the un-needed stress/drama that would provide.

~SC~

That's pretty sad, sorry to hear that.

Blessed am I to not have to worry about those situations. I could only imagine the un-needed stress/drama that would provide.

~SC~
    well its not really added stress, i mean when you live here your whole life your just used to it. like when im in a restarant, i dont let people sit behind me, i always as for a corner table or both. or if im at a red light you take notice to the people standing on the corners lol. its just normal to me, but yes if you werent around it your whole life i could see how that is more stressful. you learn to just take notice of your surroundings

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well its not really added stress, i mean when you live here your whole life your just used to it. like when im in a restarant, i dont let people sit behind me, i always as for a corner table or both. or if im at a red light you take notice to the people standing on the corners lol. its just normal to me, but yes if you werent around it your whole life i could see how that is more stressful. you learn to just take notice of your surroundings
    see i feel this is no way to live as a person. philly is a bad area and everywhere has its bad spots but i would say you have no influence in what is going to happen. it seems kinda rediculous to live that way IMO. not bashing but i would say if its ur time to go its ur time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    see i feel this is no way to live as a person. philly is a bad area and everywhere has its bad spots but i would say you have no influence in what is going to happen. it seems kinda rediculous to live that way IMO. not bashing but i would say if its ur time to go its ur time to go.
    i agree when its your time to go, its your time to go, but i wanna at least try to have a influence on that lol. philly isnt like iraq or some sh-t like that, but there are bad sections that i wouldnt want to even walk threw during the day time even with a gun lol

JJEB2 is offline Member
    but what i have found that a lot of these areas are hyped to some extent. idk if you get what i mean but people say i wouldn't go through these areas. but you have to think about the people who live in these areas. they have families and such that live in the area. many guys who live are talk and don't act unless they are with their crew. there are those people who really don't give a **** bc they have to much pride and don't wanna get punked but many are just hype. all bark no bite. if u get in their face they back down. i am in college and some of these dudes act hard but when it comes down to it they back down and alot of the times its the ones who rep these bad areas. i think alot of areas are hyped and if you mind your business things will be fine. but i am sure you will get the one dude with his boys that if you look at him he will talk some s hit out his mouth like a punk. thats just how things are. two options walk away or act like a pitbull and get in his face ha.

Yeah, for sure I understand as you grew up around it and are used to it.

I grew up where there were some "bad" areas near-by, which is why I am happy now that I don't have to co-exist in/near such areas. I just feel that there is so much more to life than having to worry about such assinine things. I realize for some there is no choice, which is why I said I'm thankful that I need not worry about such things. No time for that silly sh*t in what I do.

Be safe no matter what.

~SC~

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member

~SC~
    ...I agree. My combat pistol instructor wrote a great piece on how to AVOID an armed confrontation, which is the highest expression of any martial art. First and foremost is NOT to frequent places where alcohol is a factor and/or emotions run high (bars, sports stadiums, political rallies, protests, etc.). Now I know there are some grey areas (restaurants, etc), where you will have to use your judgement. Carrying a potentially lethal firearm is something that should not be undertaken lightly, where the possibility of taking another human being's life is always foremost in the mind. Strip clubs, sleazy bars, and other iffy sites are off my list when I am carrying.
    As Spiderman would say, "With great power comes great responsibility".

imann is offline Member

Where do you live.............I'm on the west side of chy-town.........guns are necessity. Sux but that is the way it is...like it or not!

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i am from a suburbial town in mass which is ironic that i would speak like this but i went to school in danbury,ct which isn't that bad but lots of mex and chinese gangs. and i currently go to school in ny which isn't the best of areas. i have encountered problems and have been through rough neighborhoods but never had problems, i guess if i had a gun i would carry one but i don't and really never felt threatened. i have been jumped before when i was ****faced but i think if i did have a gun when this happened i may be in serious trouble. i am not the most intelligent drinker.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    my boy also is a bouncer at a club in boston and its in china town which used to be called the combat zone and most of the dudes that run through their carry guns. i have had a run in with a pimp but thats about the only problems in that area. i guess if you stay cool then no1 says much in my cases.

but what i have found that a lot of these areas are hyped to some extent. idk if you get what i mean but people say i wouldn't go through these areas. but you have to think about the people who live in these areas. they have families and such that live in the area. many guys who live are talk and don't act unless they are with their crew. there are those people who really don't give a **** bc they have to much pride and don't wanna get punked but many are just hype. all bark no bite. if u get in their face they back down. i am in college and some of these dudes act hard but when it comes down to it they back down and alot of the times its the ones who rep these bad areas. i think alot of areas are hyped and if you mind your business things will be fine. but i am sure you will get the one dude with his boys that if you look at him he will talk some s hit out his mouth like a punk. thats just how things are. two options walk away or act like a pitbull and get in his face ha.
    come to the bad lands in philly, take a plane to philly and come to 5th and lehigh. walk around for a tad and when someone tries something just try and pull your pit bull sh-t. they will either do one of two things, shot you right there on the spot. or they will jump your ass, duct tape you up, and trunk you. in a post farther down you talk about your from a suburb. thats fine and dandy, but if you are in a bad part of a city you will wish you have a gun on you, because most likely 9 out of the 10 people you see on each block have guns, and mostly are all illegal and also most likely are looking for a reason to shoot it. in the area of philly im talking about they dont yell accrossed the streets at each other, they let the bullets do the talking. rather then yell back and forth, one of the two people are gonna pull a gun and start firing, even if its broad day light. sooo untill you actually are in this type of places please dont tell me about the loud mouth idiots in the suburbs, yes they do shut up real quick when you get loud back and tell them its put up or shut up time, but the people im talking about in the city arent little suburb wanna be gangsta's. the are legit criminals that have been do jail and dont wanna go back, theyd rather shoot you and then run.

im gonna just ask you a question, how many people do you know that have been shot, stabbed or stuck up? my first friend was shot at 16, he was killed on the spot. i can name lots of others if i needed to, i have friends that have had shoot outs happen on there block corners. if you can answer my question i think we will have a better understanding of where each of us are coming from

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    come to the bad lands in philly, take a plane to philly and come to 5th and lehigh. walk around for a tad and when someone tries something just try and pull your pit bull sh-t. they will either do one of two things, shot you right there on the spot. or they will jump your ass, duct tape you up, and trunk you. in a post farther down you talk about your from a suburb. thats fine and dandy, but if you are in a bad part of a city you will wish you have a gun on you, because most likely 9 out of the 10 people you see on each block have guns, and mostly are all illegal and also most likely are looking for a reason to shoot it. in the area of philly im talking about they dont yell accrossed the streets at each other, they let the bullets do the talking. rather then yell back and forth, one of the two people are gonna pull a gun and start firing, even if its broad day light. sooo untill you actually are in this type of places please dont tell me about the loud mouth idiots in the suburbs, yes they do shut up real quick when you get loud back and tell them its put up or shut up time, but the people im talking about in the city arent little suburb wanna be gangsta's. the are legit criminals that have been do jail and dont wanna go back, theyd rather shoot you and then run.

im gonna just ask you a question, how many people do you know that have been shot, stabbed or stuck up? my first friend was shot at 16, he was killed on the spot. i can name lots of others if i needed to, i have friends that have had shoot outs happen on there block corners. if you can answer my question i think we will have a better understanding of where each of us are coming from
    No doubt you live near some bad territories, but why do you still live there if it's that bad? Don't you wanna get out of there?

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    No doubt you live near some bad territories, but why do you still live there if it's that bad? Don't you wanna get out of there?
    i dont live in the bad parts, but i do travel there alot. if i lived tehre id be getting out ASAP

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well i didn't know we were dealing with a gangster here. why is everything a pissing contest with you. u grew up in a bad area i will give u that. and what does the fact i live in the suburbs have to do with anything. for the past 3 years i have been at school which weren't in the best of areas. i live in a ****ing suburb haha but i am sure you will meet some of the most ****ed up people if you came around here. and i wasn't talkin about punkin people from suburbs down i was talkin about kids that come from bad areas who go to the colleges i have attended who rep these "bad areas" and have put them in their places. **** i didn't know i was a punk until i was "man" enough to carry a gun. to be honest people i know have had guns pulled on them. my old roomate was stabbed. i play football with a few kids that have been stabbed and have attempted murder charges. a high school friend who was smokin crack one night stabbed some kid. but he is not tough by any means and still to this day gets pushed around when he comes home by people. and i have never felt i needed a gun maybe its lack of being in the evironment but i am just not afraid. i go to school in ny and there are bad areas there. and these wannabe gangsters grew up in teh same neighborhoods that you did and they just had football to get out of that ****. but i would say they are the same as you and me and i have had altercations with these people and they are just ike u and me. they bleed the same blood and **** just like u too. so **** all this nonsense bull**** and get a clue. what is a gun gonna do for u? ur willing to shoot someone for jailtime in an altercation? yea u live but getting ****ed in the ass won't be too pretty.

well i didn't know we were dealing with a gangster here. why is everything a pissing contest with you. u grew up in a bad area i will give u that. and what does the fact i live in the suburbs have to do with anything. for the past 3 years i have been at school which weren't in the best of areas. i live in a ****ing suburb haha but i am sure you will meet some of the most ****ed up people if you came around here. and i wasn't talkin about punkin people from suburbs down i was talkin about kids that come from bad areas who go to the colleges i have attended who rep these "bad areas" and have put them in their places. **** i didn't know i was a punk until i was "man" enough to carry a gun. to be honest people i know have had guns pulled on them. my old roomate was stabbed. i play football with a few kids that have been stabbed and have attempted murder charges. a high school friend who was smokin crack one night stabbed some kid. but he is not tough by any means and still to this day gets pushed around when he comes home by people. and i have never felt i needed a gun maybe its lack of being in the evironment but i am just not afraid. i go to school in ny and there are bad areas there. and these wannabe gangsters grew up in teh same neighborhoods that you did and they just had football to get out of that ****. but i would say they are the same as you and me and i have had altercations with these people and they are just ike u and me. they bleed the same blood and **** just like u too. so **** all this nonsense bull**** and get a clue. what is a gun gonna do for u? ur willing to shoot someone for jailtime in an altercation? yea u live but getting ****ed in the ass won't be too pretty.
    haha, your sitting her telling me that youll walk up to people in these types of areas and they'll back down from you. maybe a few will, but most will not. your talking about something you dont have a clue about, i know tons of people from the suburbs, my dad and my sister moved into the suburbs. it has nothing to do with the fact that most of the kids in them areas think they are hard or what ever. i never said i was hard, i carry a gun for self defense, im not looking to use it ever. and i never said i was afraid either. the kids or type of people im talking about dont go to college, they stay on the block and sell drugs. thats pretty much it, the people who go to college to get out of that area are good people, they see the problems and want to leave it. unfortinatly i work in some of these areas, and thats pretty much the only reason id be around them. for a while i was dating a puerto rican chick from one of the areas too. so i was a tad more relaxed with my gun on me when i would go to pick her up then with out it. i know people that dont even lock there doors in the suburbs, while i know other people in the city that dont even like parking there cars outside. kids in the suburbs get into trouble cause there is nothing better to do, kids in the city get into trouble cause they are usually trying to make money (drugs). some idiot that takes his mommy and daddy's alowance and goes to the city to buy weed or coke isnt the same person as a kid that grows up and sells the weed or coke to the idiot suburb kid

being a man has nothing to do with carrying a gun, hell if it was my choice id never have to carry one, but i figure its better safe then sorry.

the fact that youve been to college in bad areas has nothing to do with it. perfect example is Temple university in philly, its in the middle of north philly, if you go one block outside the campus its the ghetto, but while your on campus or anywhere around where the students are its nice and quiet and youd never know there was sh-t around you unless someone took you there. so dont go telling me you go to school in a bad area cause no campus is a bad area. its just complete BS. its another mute point in my original question in the beginning of this post

another thing, this thread has nothing to do with you, i was asking other people who carry guns where they carry them, and where they do not. i never wanted to turn this into a "my areas badder then your area" and thats what youve help turn it into. why dont you do me a favor and stay out of the thread. if you carry a gun and want to contribute then fine do so, but dont say i dont need to carry a gun cause of so and so reason. just like i dont need to tell you the reason that i carry a gun either. its a mute point, it doesnt matter. it has nothing to do with my original question
    Last edited by jcstomper; 12-26-2004 at 04:24 PM.

Latimus is offline Banned
    i must be extremely innocent...but to me, this thread is unbelieveable.

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    you live in canada lol jk, i wish i lived up there sometimes too, it seems alot more relaxed and laid back from the people ive met up there

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i think ur taking what i said and twisting it. i don't live in a bad area and never said i did all i am sayin is that i feel you shouldn't have to carry a gun and thats ur preference. if i am gonna get shot then i will get shot how will i change that bc there is nothing i can do. people are the same no matter where u put them. a killer is a killer simple as that. going off campus happens a lot in college esp when goin out. most of these areas aren't the best but i have no idea about ur area. i don't carry a gun and the more people that do is just gonna cause more of a problem i guess. i am in gods hands not some thug. and my point about goin up to someone when they talk **** is that a lot of these so called thugs back down. when i go out at night around boston, providence, danbury, new york you will find these people who act hard and if u address it then some will back down. some will throw down and i have never encountered someone who will just kill for the **** of it. so really u are no different from me because obviously you are still living so neither have u.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if you have a gun then carry it for ur protection i am just sayin goin into the ****ty areas has never bothered me and i may not have rolled through as many as you but i will say i have been through a few in my day.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont live in the bad parts, but i do travel there alot. if i lived tehre id be getting out ASAP
    oh gotcha

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    carry your guns into a bar or club. now if your gonna be drinking id say its a absolute no no, but i dont drink when i go out. sooo my gun is on me pretty much 24/7, if the club or bar is pattin down then it stays in my car cause i havent gotten something small enought to pass threw the pat down test. i have one friend that carrys 2 small guns on him 24/7 and the other day we went to a strip club, they had a metal detector and pat down and he still made it into the place with his metal. he walked threw the metal detector and it went off, then he got patted down and they didnt feel anything. i find this pretty crazy, but at the same time it scares the **** out of me cause im sure he isnt the only one that does that at a club or bar with metal detectors or pat down. my friend by the way is a bounty hunter in vegas. the exact name is "bail inforcement officer" he does it for free, with like 3 or 4 other guys, they get paid but he does it for fun. this is also the kid that bought 105k worth of guns the other day. yes he's very very rich.

but anyway back to my original question, do you carry in a club or bar if your not gonna be drinking
    If you can get away with it, keep it on you 24/7, if you and the crew are at the bar, keep that it in the trunk (I assumed loaded and uncocked)

Living the high-pace lifestyle is exciting, but you have to understand, most people don't ever get into a serious fist fight little-lone point a gun at anyone, so you have to understand where their comming from. I guarentee only a few people on this board like btdr and them know how it is

guys like JJEB watch 2pac music videos and assume they know how it is - don't worry about their arguments.
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 12-26-2004 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    If you can get away with it, keep it on you 24/7, if you and the crew are at the bar, keep that it in the trunk (I assumed loaded and uncocked)
    well i dont really have a crew, i go out sometimes with a few friends. but most of my friends have a gun on them also. it really depends on who im out with, some do, some dont. but yes it is loaded and uncocked, 10 in the clip 1 in the hole. if it didnt have bullets in it, i might as well carry a hammer.

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    same here.. i couldn't imagine having to be strapped 24/7 to have a false sense of security.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information