Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

why we need guns in philly

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/122...ingupdate.html

shot bouncers cause they kicked him out of the club for smoking weed. gotta love my town

maxex is offline Member
    what clup was this at?

maxex is offline Member
    what clup was this at?

maxex is offline Member
    what clup was this at?

maxex is offline Member
    what clup was this at?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    u gotta luv them north...NOT

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    *the north

Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    what clup was this at?
    club flow in northern liberties

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/122...ingupdate.html

shot bouncers cause they kicked him out of the club for smoking weed. gotta love my town
    Surely this is a reason not to sell guns! If he couldnt buy a gun he wouldnt have had one in his car to shoot someone with. Am I the only one who sees this?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Surely this is a reason not to sell guns! If he couldnt buy a gun he wouldnt have had one in his car to shoot someone with. Am I the only one who sees this?
    you think this person bought his gun legally? you cant stop idiots on the corner selling guns to any kid who's got some loot. you cant legally buy a hand gun in PA till 21, but i know kids that have them at 16. the people that shoot people for dumb reason like the one above dont do anything legally

you think this person bought his gun legally? you cant stop idiots on the corner selling guns to any kid who's got some loot. you cant legally buy a hand gun in PA till 21, but i know kids that have them at 16. the people that shoot people for dumb reason like the one above dont do anything legally
    well he was 22, theres no reason he couldnt have bought it legally. Why does a doorman getting shot equate to people needing to buy guns. I think it equates to stricter gun control. Stop them being sold legally and yeah the back market will still run a trade. But steadily as more and more guns are confiscated it will dry up and shrink down. Say those bouncers had been armed, it wouldnt have done them any good. Its not like they could have shot the other bullets out of the air.

well he was 22, theres no reason he couldnt have bought it legally. Why does a doorman getting shot equate to people needing to buy guns. I think it equates to stricter gun control. Stop them being sold legally and yeah the back market will still run a trade. But steadily as more and more guns are confiscated it will dry up and shrink down. Say those bouncers had been armed, it wouldnt have done them any good. Its not like they could have shot the other bullets out of the air.
    with your thinking we should be able to stop the drug trade too. its differant in england, i know how it is over there, i visit alot and have family there. here in america you just cant stop it. there are just to many ways to get a gun, or drugs, its the same thing in the same problems. best us normal people can do is be armed to protect ourselves

decadbal is offline Banned
    your argument could be used to end anything. guns dont kill ppl

with your thinking we should be able to stop the drug trade too. its differant in england, i know how it is over there, i visit alot and have family there. here in america you just cant stop it. there are just to many ways to get a gun, or drugs, its the same thing in the same problems. best us normal people can do is be armed to protect ourselves
    Where do guns on the black market come from? Theyre stolen from people who have bought them. Yeah my argument can work for many things. If you stopped selling cars the used car trade would thrive short term. But cars would begin to break, cars would get old and more expensive and difficult to own. Regular 16yr olds and drugged out criminals wouldnt be able to afford them. There would always be some cars on teh road but the volume would drop and keep on dropping.
    It is different in England, guns are illegal and as a result we dont get people shot with the same regularity as in the US. Having a population tool up through fear of the 'bad guys' is just going to result in the 'bad guys' investing in better wepons upscaling teh problem. Where does it go from there? Do regular folk buy even more guns and invest in bodyarmour?

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    the same thing happened in montreal, canada i think 3 years ago. and its absolutely illegal to keep a firearm on you if youre a normal citizen...

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    You know if steroids were illegal it would slow down there use and slowly go away...eh hm Prime

a person without a gun is defenseless.. you think guns ar the cause of crime and murder...do u think u cant kill someone with a hammer or knife..whats next, bannin those and makin them illegal. i know for a fact, i will never allow anyone take any weapon from me, bc i place the importance of my life and possessions under my protection... you cant protect yourself.. bc i assure you lots of ppl in england have weapons.. whats the population of england? compare it to ours.. a gun doesnt make the decision to shoot or kill anyone, the person doing it does.. making guns illegal would be like whipping your daughter for something your son did.

Where do guns on the black market come from? Theyre stolen from people who have bought them.
    not true, they can be shipping in from differant countries. or from people stealing them from the factories. most gun owners keep there guns in safes at home, as do i. except for the gun i keep on me, its either on me or under my pillow when i sleep

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Where do guns on the black market come from? Theyre stolen from people who have bought them.
    ya thats not true bro, in canada all guns r illegal and they arent very hard to get, all the ones i come across are brand new in the box not stolen form anyones house.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    jcstomper, i live 2 miles outside of philly, but spend my weekends in philly. i cant count how many people ive seen shot, and how many kids about 16 years old pull guns on each other like it was the friggin movies. i remember watchin this fight one night where like 10 kids were beatin on this one kid, all yellin and ****, and the kid gettin beat pulled out like a swiss army knife, and all the sudden 4 of the little ****s pulled guns and started yellin and crap.

philly is amazing...

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member

...Well, you are the only one naive enough to think that if guns were "outlawed", they would go away and no one would get shot anymore. Cocaine is illegal - so I guess there are no coke heads!
    Now write this down: GUNS CANNOT BE 'DE-INVENTED". If guns are outlawed, criminals will still have them and a thriving black market will spring up, just as it is with dangerous drugs. In fact, it is very easy to cobble up a working gun in a home workshop. Even cons in the slam have done it with a hell of a lot fewer tools than the average Joe has in his garage.
    You Limeys took the idiotic step of not letting the average citizen possess guns - now your violent crime rate involving guns has gone up TREMENDOUSLY! Home invasions are epidemic.
    Care to comment on this?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    "why we need guns in philly"

of course, silly me, obviously the way that you put out a fire is to add more fire

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    "why we need guns in philly"

of course, silly me, obviously the way that you put out a fire is to add more fire

..Using your logic, you put out a fire by outlawing all fire so everyone freezes to death. (and has to eat raw steak)

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ..Using your logic, you put out a fire by outlawing all fire so everyone freezes to death. (and has to eat raw steak)
    Not at all... you CONTROL it. The problem, is not the fact that there is guns, its the lack of control.

Not at all... you CONTROL it. The problem, is not the fact that there is guns, its the lack of control.

...Do you even think before you type?? There are already umpteen thousand laws on the books "controlling" firearms, most recently the infamous "assault weapons" ban which just expired because it was proven not to do CRAP against crime involving firearms. The problem is that only law-abiding citizens obey laws, NOT criminals. You can put any kind of retarded "law" you want on the books but you will NOT impact criminal use of firearms one bit. Once again I point to your little island, upon which gun-toting crooks are having a field day, free from the worry of accidentally accosting an armed citizen.
    You see, we in this country believe that individual protection is an individual repsonsibility and don't rely on the government to do it for us. A Supreme Court decision in the USA found that the police have NO responsibility to protect individuals, just "uphold the law", whatever that means.
    Oh, and another thing for you to consider - uses of firearms by citizens to avert or deter crimes against people or property every year VASTLY outnumber the felonious misuse of guns by criminals. I would recommend you read "More Guns, Less Crime" by John R. Lott, a once-gun-hating fellow who did some research and concluded that the states with the most lenient firearm laws and the most guns per capita had the lowest crime rates (imagine that). Want some more?? Using your British Logic, Washington, D.C. which bans the posession of firearms of any kind, should be a virtual utopia of peace and settlement of disputes by flipping coins. Can you guess what city is NUMERO UNO in homicides involving firearms??
    I don't mind if you grasseaters want to bleat and moan about those evil guns - but don't you try to keep me from protecting myself, my family, or my possessions with them. Leave us carnivores alone and go drink some tea!

...Do you even think before you type?? There are already umpteen thousand laws on the books "controlling" firearms, most recently the infamous "assault weapons" ban which just expired because it was proven not to do CRAP against crime involving firearms. The problem is that only law-abiding citizens obey laws, NOT criminals. You can put any kind of retarded "law" you want on the books but you will NOT impact criminal use of firearms one bit. Once again I point to your little island, upon which gun-toting crooks are having a field day, free from the worry of accidentally accosting an armed citizen.
    You see, we in this country believe that individual protection is an individual repsonsibility and don't rely on the government to do it for us. A Supreme Court decision in the USA found that the police have NO responsibility to protect individuals, just "uphold the law", whatever that means.
    Oh, and another thing for you to consider - uses of firearms by citizens to avert or deter crimes against people or property every year VASTLY outnumber the felonious misuse of guns by criminals. I would recommend you read "More Guns, Less Crime" by John R. Lott, a once-gun-hating fellow who did some research and concluded that the states with the most lenient firearm laws and the most guns per capita had the lowest crime rates (imagine that). Want some more?? Using your British Logic, Washington, D.C. which bans the posession of firearms of any kind, should be a virtual utopia of peace and settlement of disputes by flipping coins. Can you guess what city is NUMERO UNO in homicides involving firearms??
    I don't mind if you grasseaters want to bleat and moan about those evil guns - but don't you try to keep me from protecting myself, my family, or my possessions with them. Leave us carnivores alone and go drink some tea!
    Ok, i stopped reading when you said "...Do you even think before you type??"

ltr bro

maxex is offline Member
    If the government really wanted to controll the gun pronlem it would, same goes for drugs. The government has hidden agendas.

Ok, i stopped reading when you said "...Do you even think before you type??"

ltr bro

...... Whats the matter?? Do rational positions scare you??

...... Whats the matter?? Do rational positions scare you??
    if i agree will you agree to throw your computer out the window

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    If the government really wanted to controll the gun pronlem it would, same goes for drugs. The government has hidden agendas.
    i dont think the government could stop it! theres no way! its almost impossible to get guns in canada unless u have a good hook and theres still a lot of shootings here, nothin like philly but the pop isnt as big either. that kinda stuff is always gon ahppen no matter wut the government does.

maxex is offline Member
    Everyone has the right and opportunity to own firearms. Anyone caught using a gun for illegal reasons should be executed. That should discourage.

if i agree will you agree to throw your computer out the window

....Why?? Are you standing below my window?

....Why?? Are you standing below my window?
    err yea

will you two girls stop fighting over who gets to have me make fun of them next...i will do both of you...lol

Everyone has the right and opportunity to own firearms. Anyone caught using a gun for illegal reasons should be executed. That should discourage.

...Now here is a bro who is on to something. Slamming crooks with SEVERE AND CERTAIN punishments for using firearms in crimes would certainly deter their misuse. "Project Exile" in Richmond Virginia is just such a success story. Faced with increasing gun crime, the state goverment made the use of a firearm in a crime a FEDERAL OFFENSE punishable by time in a FEDERAL SLAMMER. No appeals, no abatement of the punishment. Gun crime plummeted. Local cops were amazed that overnight, many lowlives and pushers were not carrying their accustomed iron. When questioned, they stated that the time in the federal pen just was "not worth it".
    But look at trash like Eminem, who is currently on his THIRD firearm violation (the second two while on probation from the first). Is he in the slam?? Hell No!
    My point is, HE SHOULD BE!!

...Now here is a bro who is on to something. Slamming crooks with SEVERE AND CERTAIN punishments for using firearms in crimes would certainly deter their misuse. "Project Exile" in Richmond Virginia is just such a success story. Faced with increasing gun crime, the state goverment made the use of a firearm in a crime a FEDERAL OFFENSE punishable by time in a FEDERAL SLAMMER. No appeals, no abatement of the punishment. Gun crime plummeted. Local cops were amazed that overnight, many lowlives and pushers were not carrying their accustomed iron. When questioned, they stated that the time in the federal pen just was "not worth it".
    Great idea, so basically what you're saying is there needs to be greater control

Great idea, so basically what you're saying is there needs to be greater control

.......Control of the criminal and his acts, not the object with which he perpetrates his act. Not a difficult concept, but one that eludes most legal gurus (and prospective gun-banners). Oh, Australia just banned swords, for God's sake. Whats next - butter knives??

.......Control of the criminal and his acts, not the object with which he perpetrates his act. Not a difficult concept, but one that eludes most legal gurus (and prospective gun-banners). Oh, Australia just banned swords, for God's sake. Whats next - butter knives??

Ahh right, well its good that you now agree with my second post.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Guns are not the problem. Violent ppl who carry them are.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    How much longer will people continue to blame a ****ing firearm (piece of metal) for the actions of people?!?!?!Will crime stop if guns are banished? There has always been crime, even before guns, so the answer is no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information