Angelis is offline Banned

Exclamation Anyone here a Commercial Pilot or know anyone who is?

Hey bros like the title says is anyone here a Commercial Airline Pilot... ive ben going through College getting enough of an education to become a military pilot... ive changed choices recently and decided I wanna be a commercial airline pilot its gonna take a bit longer but im willing to do it... ive been asking people how to go about doing this and I havent had any luck... so does anyone know what education u need and any other relevant info.

I thought about going to the local Airport and trying to talk to a Pilot but im thinking it would be kinda hard with the whole tight security thing

DoctaBig is offline Member
    one of my best friends is a commercial pilot. Youngest person in delta's fleet. He went to a university called "western michigan university" and got accepted into some special type of training there; he was hired even before he graduated. right now he's been flying as a first officer probably 6 months now and expects to be a captain within 3-5 years.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    one of my best friends is a commercial pilot. Youngest person in delta's fleet. He went to a university called "western michigan university" and got accepted into some special type of training there; he was hired even before he graduated. right now he's been flying as a first officer probably 6 months now and expects to be a captain within 3-5 years.
    IF you dont mind could you ask him a couple questions for me like what kind of education he needed to get there?, what kinda grades he got? and what career profile he was in in college and university?

lol....do you want his phone number?

ask me the questions and i'll relay them down to him

nm...you already asked the questions. I know the answers to all of them. You dont need any pre-education at this university. they actually have an "aviation" degree that many people enter just as you would any degree. Most students do not get the opportunity like he did though. He was very good at what he did (simulators and whatnot) and got very good grades. He lived and breathed airplanes though. When he wasnt studying flight patterns and procedure er whatever they study. he was looking at pictures of cockpits online to memorize them and playing a flight simulator.

Plus he is a drunk...so all that together and he was basically a shoe in

Any more questions for him...jsut ask?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    Plus he is a drunk...so all that together and he was basically a shoe in

Any more questions for him...jsut ask?
    note to self......don't take Delta airlines ever again

i got news for ya....all pilots are drunks. It's the only thing solid in their lives...

Seriously though, they have a rule. You cant drink for 8 hours before your scheduled flight. This guy goes out w/ all his pilot buddies (all of which are old ass guys..kinda funny considering he is 22) and they set their watches for that 8 hour mark...it's their last call!

dont quote me, but i believe that rule is an fda rule...not a delta rule

Thanks Bro... im pretty much really into it as well, maybe not as much as ur friend but a close second.Congrats do your friend I hear Delta is one of the best US airline.

If anyone else has any other info anything would be helpful. Any canadian perspective would be great as well.

Thread Information