Thread: Ebay?

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member

Ebay?

I was wondering how many of you have sold items on ebay. I am gonna start selling stuff on ebay and i was wondering how much this old sega genesis would sell for? I was thinking maybe 80 bucks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ebay?-picture-001.jpg   Ebay?-picture-002.jpg  

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    lol sorry bro but i dont think your gettin $80 for your sega

maybe though....

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    nope ebay is somewhere u go to find cheap and good prices on things dont think ull get that but u can see they will bid for it and u can find out

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    80 bucks? 80 U.S bucks? lmao!!

I know it sounds like a lot but this is what I based it off of. Today I was looking at completed auctions and seen what people were selling there sega for and I got my figure from that.

this is just an example...... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...157485784&rd=1

Spyder Guest
    you can try bro ... however, theres no way your gonna be able to sell it with a starting bid of $80.

the link you posted, that person had an initial bid of $9.99.
    good luck sellin it. and dont ship anything overseas! bunch of scammers on ebay.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea try it, i doubt you will tho..

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    prolly half that. most old segas dont work anyway. i know my old sega from like 10 years ago worked for like a year, then i had to rest dumbbells in awkward positions on the system to get the game to read.....

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Made like $250 in the past week selling old pc parts, ps1 games, used cell phones.

i wasnt gonna start it out at that price, i was gonna start it out at about 40-50 and see where it goes from there. 80 was just an estimate of what i think i could make off of it. I have read up on liquidation sales where you can get stuff dirt cheap example shoes for 4 bucks a pair and then resale them for like 20-40 bucks. I got an ebook about this lady that started out small and now she makes about 11 grand a month from selling victoria secret clothes. Yes she still has to pay for the item but if she doubles, or even triples what she paid for it she will still be makin a decent profit.

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    i sell some stuff on ebay, but just remember the key thing about ebay, everybody is looking for a good deal. Thats the attraction of ebay. I had these custom rear lights off a car i used to have paid like 250 for em' but only wound up getting 20 beans for em cause i didnt set a reserve. i know better now. but remember if u dont want to get rid of it for less than a certain price make sure u set a reserve. There are all kinds of tricks to selling on ebay look around the web for some FREE advise ( none of that "give me 400.00 for some info and show u how to make 100,000 on Ebay")that crap is a waste.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    GQ i would have just taken the bad rating and told the guy you didn't want to get rid of them.

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    I sold my brothers n64 and only got 80 and that was with a **** load of games. So I dont see ya gettin 80 for sega bro good luck though.

wrong thats a big mistake it was 100% my fault, u do not want to get bad feedback. That is the only thing that will make people want to buy from u. because there are so many scams. I mean on ebay now there are so many of the same items and thats basically what it come down to when a customer decides who to buy from. somethime u got to just bite the bullet

KeyMastur is offline VET
    1 bad feedback isn't going to kill your entire reputation and selling on ebay. what's better - take a $ 230 loss or get 1 bad comment

i'm not saying take his money and run. i'm sayin don't take his money and make something up.

i said i paid 250 for em and i used them for 3 years, so they were probibally worth 80.00, i would have been happy with more. but honestly they were takin up to much space and i was goona just throw them out

and its not like ur gonna make money on stuff like that u paid full price for it just a matters of gettin something instead of havong all this crap arounf your house

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    When selling on ebay make sure you have added in the charges for ebay and get some quotes for shipping, I would say for the left pic start the bid at 29.99-39.99 and the pic on the right I would say start with no more than 19.99, you will probably be able to find someone to buy it, this is just my opnion though, if it does not sell for that then re-list it and go down a little maybe, the people that are going to buy from you are people like me, I am a collector of games and such, where I live it's hard to find the older stuff so if I have to pay a little more for it on ebay I will. good luck

With the system im selling i'm including the sega system, 3 control pads, 2 joystick pads, multi-player tap, rf cable, powerpack cord, and 32 games. The guy that sold the 51 dollar sega had only 2 controllers and 9 games. Also to anyone who sells on ebay do you guys weigh your items and then use shipping calculator or do you actually take it somewhere and get it weighed or is there a flat rate you can get to send it anywhere in the lower 48 states? I was curious because i have never sold anything on ebay before.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i sold my motorcycle on ebay and got more than what i wanted for it

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    With the system im selling i'm including the sega system, 3 control pads, 2 joystick pads, multi-player tap, rf cable, powerpack cord, and 32 games. The guy that sold the 51 dollar sega had only 2 controllers and 9 games. Also to anyone who sells on ebay do you guys weigh your items and then use shipping calculator or do you actually take it somewhere and get it weighed or is there a flat rate you can get to send it anywhere in the lower 48 states? I was curious because i have never sold anything on ebay before.
    i pretty much just set a flat rate, just keep it reasonable. Hell i got an hp deskjet 5550 with 4 photo inks for $5 cuz' the guy spelled the title wrong and didnt set a reserve

The price of just the ink would have been $120, let alone the $180 printer

What about calculating shipping costs....do i need to get the item weighed somewhere or can i just set a flat rate, im new at this so any advice would help.

Imdealnjuice is offline Banned
    Hey just to let you know there is gear on there for sell if you know what i mean, Good buy it now prices too. just put in the search dbol .

Thread Information