Thread: Bowflex

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements

Bowflex

Bowflex actually produced a product that looks like it might be decent, don't know the name of it but the adjustable dumbbells look like they could have some promise for those who train at home. Anyone else see it?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Yeah its a good idea but there funky lookin

did you hear that they recalled nearly 800,000 boflex machines.

apocalypseRC51 is offline Junior Member
    ive never used a bowflex :laughing

Spyder Guest
    they look so stable in the commercials, but my friend had one, and they are complete crap. the only thing good about bowflex is that hot 50-year old grandma commercial they have lately, who looks like she's dating a 29 year old guy, hahahah

mr_man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Yeah its a good idea but there funky lookin

did you hear that they recalled nearly 800,000 boflex machines.
    They did no racall all of them, they sent out pieces to fix them. witch has been three time of the last few years. I'm still setting back waiting for the next fix up piece.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah bro but they only go to like 45lbs or something like that and they are expensive as HeII

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    tell you what, you send me the money you would have wasted on a bowflex machine and i will save you the impending dissapointment and personally come visit you and kick you in the sack.

Yeah they only goto 55lbs I think. So probally not very good for many serious lifters. I guess you could do preacher curls with them /flex

Peace
    Alex

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    tell you what, you send me the money you would have wasted on a bowflex machine and i will save you the impending dissapointment and personally come visit you and kick you in the sack.
    Its not a bowflex machine, they are adjustable dumbells...

Also, you would save money by buying them over buying every single dumbell from 2.5 up to 55 in increments of 2.5 pounds. Which you could spend on heavier regular dumbells...

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa

Also, you would save money by buying them over buying every single dumbell from 2.5 up to 55 in increments of 2.5 pounds. Which you could spend on heavier regular dumbells...
    i read the word bowflex and immediatley hit the reply button. Perhaps i shall actually read peoples posts in future

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

That's true, but I am using olympic dumbbell handles and loose plates. With the QuickLee collars, the convenience level is not so bad compared to the fancy adjustable thingies and I bet the loose plates and oly handles are cheaper.

I have tried the "powerblock" adjustalbe dumbbell system and I don't like the way it feels in the hand. Something about the resistance to rotation that you don't see with round plates.

decadbal is offline Banned
    they only go up to what 55lbs maybe, thats enough for curls and some side laterals for delts, but nothing else.. i want a set that goes to 155lbs..that id buy

http://www.powerblock.com/frame.html

Goes up to I think 125 but I like my 20" oly handles and QuickLee collars better.

mr_man is offline Associate Member
    the bolflex dumbbells do look like they would be cool, but that just dependens on how much they cost. Or if you just use 2 or 3 diffrent weights of dumbes I think that it will be a wast or money.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    It is a great invention, but not mean for a BB'er IMO.

nsa
    The thing that caught my eye is that the increments go by 2.5 pounds. Thats alot of money saving for most (average joe) but obviously most people (on here) are training at a gym that has DB's already up to higher weights so its a mute point. But i was merely pointing out that they finally made a product that isn't complete sh!t...

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    All Bowflex stuff is expensive. The dumbbells on the commercial say "replaces over $1000 worth of dumbbells!", so right away i know its gonna be a lot for them.

So i HAD to check the price of them.

Alone, the dumbbells are $400. With the stand to hold them, $540.

Thats a little steep for dumbbells that only go up to 52.5lbs, and you can only adjust them in 2.5lb incriments for the first 25 lbs only!. They replace 15 pairs of dumbbells.

Ill pass...

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    All Bowflex stuff is expensive. The dumbbells on the commercial say "replaces over $1000 worth of dumbbells!", so right away i know its gonna be a lot for them.

So i HAD to check the price of them.

Alone, the dumbbells are $400. With the stand to hold them, $540.

Thats a little steep for dumbbells that only go up to 52.5lbs, and you can only adjust them in 2.5lb incriments for the first 25 lbs only!. They replace 15 pairs of dumbbells.

Ill pass...
    Didn't know that...

In that case there are much better alternatives to the bowflex adjustable dumbells.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    the only thing good about bowflex is that hot 50-year old grandma commercial they have lately, who looks like she's dating a 29 year old guy, hahahah[/QUOTE]

she is fine as hell for 50

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    the only thing good about bowflex is that hot 50-year old grandma commercial they have lately, who looks like she's dating a 29 year old guy, hahahah
    she is fine as hell for 50[/QUOTE]

Ha, until they zoom in on her face. Next time you see the commercial, look at her chin. Looks like it was made of Play-Doh instead of botox.

Wayyyyyyy too much plastic surgery for me, but yea, shes still fine.

nsa
    Chances are most guys would slide it in...

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    why do u think majority of their products are not sold in retail stores...........because it is garbage.............

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Chances are most guys would slide it in...

for sure then i could say i boinked a 50yr old hahaha and a fine as hell one at that

I have had a couple in their mid 60's. Age is just a number. At least that's what I tell all the chicks 25 years younger than me LOL! Anyway you may as well get used to older chicks cause you will be that age sooner than you think.

As for the dumbbells breaking, wow, that is certainly something to think about. I have never managed to break an ordinary 20" olympic dumbbell handle or loose plates. I know it can be done, but it is not a common occurrence. That is one reason ordinary dumbbell handles and barbells and iron plates are so popular... they last forever. Paying 3x as much for something that is relatively fragile, just for a tiny bit of extra convenience, isn't such a hot idea, I am thinking.

Thread Information