rambo is offline The Lord God

Negotiating a gym membership...

I'm going to go haggle 24hr in a few hrs, and I was wondering what your best techniques are. I want to get my setup fees waived, enrollenment and all that, and just pay the 30bucks monthly. Anyone work there know any insider tricks?

Hit me.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    some gyms let you off certain fees if you are a previous member, some offer cheaper options if you are a student, some have corporate memberships. im not in the US so cant offer much help sorry

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    some gyms let you off certain fees if you are a previous member, some offer cheaper options if you are a student, some have corporate memberships. im not in the US so cant offer much help sorry
    You're British, it's most likely not the same. My biggest concern isn't getting a free toothbrush with the membership package.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I go to 24.... I know a few of the guys that sign you up will help out.... They wont wave all of the fees, they cant. FWIW I pay 27 and I have an all club... wish there was more I could say... 24 are bitches like that though. THey will talk to you for hours, they are trained not to answer your direct questions like that... I know I almost worked there.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    You're British, it's most likely not the same. My biggest concern isn't getting a free toothbrush with the membership package.
    Rambo, f*ck you.

Just Tell Them That You Buy Shakes......good Standing Member...and The Gym Down The Street Is Offering This You Dont Want To Go But You Dont Want To Spend More Cash Than Ya Have To

tycin is offline Anabolic Member

u should b able to get the fees waived, just tell them that another gym has offered to waive the fees and they should. my gym is dumb like that too they talk to u for like an hour b4 u sign up!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Walk out the door, having worked in sales in a gym I know they have the ability to drop the price to whatever they want within reason. I remember selling memberships at 50% off (with the owners aproval) if someone was about to walk out the door.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Anytime you are dealing with a salesperson there is room to wiggle. Be it a car, home or gym membership.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

I miss you humor, hoe.. !@

mass junkie is offline banned
    lmao

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    My biggest concern isn't getting a free toothbrush with the membership package.
    By far the best one liner today! hahahaha

Go in sit down and let them give to the speil then counter. If they don't budge do what Bdtr said......no salesman likes to see money walk away. If that doesn't work then ask them how many square feet the building is so you don't waste dynamite.....again you're trying to save money.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    LOL!!!! I usually get the initial setup fees waived by asking them to show you around and then telling them you already workout at a competitors gym. In my experience, most big commercial gyms like Gold's, World's, Bally's, will waive the BS fees to get a member to switch.

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    If that doesn't work then ask them how many square feet the building is so you don't waste dynamite.....again you're trying to save money.

Just a thought, but if you sign up long-term they might be more willing to waive some sign up fees.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Walk out the door, having worked in sales in a gym I know they have the ability to drop the price to whatever they want within reason. I remember selling memberships at 50% off (with the owners aproval) if someone was about to walk out the door.
    agreed.....the last thing they want you to do is leave.........if they can not make a sale, it makes them look bad, so at that point they will most likely go as low as they can just to make that sale

and say you already belong to another gym and your membership isnt out for like another 6 months.........of course, they will ask how much you pay.........tell them 30 bucks a month and you did not have to pay any initial fees there and that you are really not willing to pay more than you already are..............they will most likely meet or beat what you say you are already paying
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Throw a BF (Bitch fit) make a big scene.. they will do anything to shut you up lol

Thread Information