Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

What do you guys think about Pro Wrestling?

Well guys, I know most of you probally hate and say that it is all fake show business, and I have to agree with that statement. However, I have to give some of those guys alot of credit. I know that it is fake and all, but I saw a guy get thrown on a ladder, and another git hit with a chair in the head... some of those guys really are athletes in my opinion. HHH, Rock, etc.
    What made me realize this was when a few years ago, an old school pro wrestler was training at my buddies gym. The gym set up a wrestling ring in the back of the gym. I don't know if any of you have ever been in a actual wrestling ring, but we were messing around, throwing each other against the "ropes" and man let me tell ya those ropes hurt.
    This wrestler (who has died since then), had scars on his knees, and shoulders, and would show us how he could get up on the top turn buckle, and make a full belly splash onto the canvas. there is no freaking way I could do something like that. Much less be thrown down on the canvas. I know these guys learn to fall, but there are some things that I have to admire about these guys. Some (some being the key word here) are really awesome atheletes. What do you guys think? Go ahead flame me!!!

Originally posted by Diesel

And the chicks are hot!
    You got that right..

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    its FAKE,but some of those dudes are athletic!

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    its my soaps--keep your guiding light and as ther world turns.
    where else can you watch ladies in bras mud wrestling i love it
    also me and my 4 y.o. watch it every mon night--he asks every night when its gonna be on--bonding time to teach the finer things in life-----chicks,muscles and fighting

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I can watch it for about 5 minutes when I'm flipping the channels, but then I see the morons on the crowd and feel embarrassed for watching. It was great when I was a kid, but I'm not interested anymore.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im with Excess when i was a kid i loved Hogan & co. Now itīs abit embarrasing hearing them badtalk eachother on the micīs. Also that they need to rip girls tops off etc shows how low it has become just to get people to watch it.

tatty is offline Member
    Agreed with excess and palme. It just doesn't have the same flair when you're older. Hogan, Macho man, ultimate warrior, hacksaw jim duggan? Now they're all bad guys....or something (i don't watch so I really wouldn't know!).

mattman is offline Junior Member
    I love it, I dont think its fake because its not real to began with but alot of those guys are very hard workers in and out of the ring, if you dont watch it give it a chance keep up with the story lines and you might like it>>>><<<<

latman49 is offline Member
    Originally posted by maguilagorilla
    its FAKE,but some of those dudes are athletic!
    Not some....ALL. Even guys who are 350 lbs like Rikishi can still do moves that require more athletic ablility and flexibility than I have. I used to think that some of the bigger guys lacked athleticism, but I saw Mark Henry in a match a few weeks back and he impressed me with some of the moves he had put on him by Kurt Angle. It takes as much, if not more, athletic ability to sell those moves and take a good fall than it does to actually do the move to someone.

I used to not pay that much attention to it when I was younger, but as I got older and could appreciate it, I started paying attention to how athletic the guys really are. Watch a good match really closely and you will be see how athletic they really are.

Interesting views. I know it is alot of drama, and fake, but I didn't realize how much physical ability some of those guys have to have to do some of the things they do. Yeah alot of the punches and stomps are totally fake, but jumping down and hitting the canvas, or jumping out of the ring onto the floor, whew.. I know I would have second thoughts about doing some chit like that..

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Fake or not, some of that shit has gotta hurt. To take that kind of abuse on a daily basis is absolutely amazing, I often wonder how they stay healthy enough to perform.
    -Cy

CatGrabber is offline Member
    I agree. I feel like a **** moron when I just look at it for 1 second. Keep up with the story lines? Man, Barney and friends requires more intelligence to watch than that garbage. Imagine if aliens could pick up TV signals. What a laughing stock this world would be.

I find it excessively boring...

If I want to watch a bunch of brainless gorillas bashing their chests and act like goofs, I'd rather watch a Jane Goodall special on PBS... at least I might learn something there.

Red

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Whoa buddy 2 year old thread. Good job

**** is crap, those guys are hardly athletic, wow they can do some basic gymnastics and have a high tolerance for pain. I would love to see one of those gorillas in the ring with a collegiate wrester.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Whoa buddy 2 year old thread. Good job

Its definatly rigged but i like to watch them beat the crap out of each other specially when they dont have floorplans set beforehand. Definatly theres still some good wrestlers that are there to be in the business instead of on the road guess soaps dont hurt eighter.

I was checking up to see if Goldberg went to japan to wrestle and stuff found to bits one to me is pretty funny. I mean all they would do is beat goldberg head in every week adn if they really broke his ankle he sure did hide it wrestling after premeturally pulling the cast off.

Edges suposed groin pull resulted in him hitting the floor wrong from the top rope landing on his shoulder a few weeks ago, someone said he was so drugged up after the show at a resturant wiith a human crutch that he couldnt even see people walking in front of him.

The other not that i look at guys or anything but i seen a blown up pic or Randy O his face is a mess. Crooked nose misalined eyes checkbones mitch matched to the nose his chin from ear to ear looks like someone rubbed it in a gravel drive at about 80 M.P.H..

decadbal is offline Banned
    i could be a pro wrassler to death... with a bat.. like a kitten

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Love it.. .watch it every week. And yes they are athletes. Man... they take some pundings... and it has been admitted by some that they do hit accidenlty on times.. and other stuff happens.

Hey deca .. how would you size up to batista? HES HUGE! 6'6 317 at around 8% BF...

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Hey deca.. how would you size up to batista? HES HUGE! 6'6 317 at around 8% BF...
    thjat slut brings my paper to me.. like he should befo i have to lay it to him... slut

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    thjat slut brings my paper to me.. like he should befo i have to lay it to him... slut

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with bigol. I love wrestling...been watching it since I was like three years old. I've met a few wrestlers like Tugboat, Honkeytonk Man, Virgil, One Man Gang, and a few other amateurs. All of them were pretty cool, except Virgil.

Oh btw, they are definetly athletes! If you dont think so then watch the show Tough Enough, and you'll see why they are.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    I can watch it for about 5 minutes when I'm flipping the channels, but then I see the morons on the crowd and feel embarrassed for watching.
    Haha, ditto.

Some of the moves are cool and all, and yeah sometimes it looks very physically strenuous, but like Excess says, I can't relate (or associate) with the trash in the crowd...

No offence to anyone who goes to watch wrestling though. I guess I can see how it would be fun to go with a bunch of friends and get drunk and rowdy.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Wrestling rules!

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    its fake

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    I think it is pretty cool. I mean they are great performers. Not too sure how they would go in a real fight but you do have to be able to whithstand some degree of pain to be a wrestler, I mean anyone ever watched some of the things Mick Foley has done.

Though the story lines in the wwe at the moment it is like the writer are rejects from days of our lives

Carth is offline Associate Member
    IMO...nothing about it is fake. The only thing fake is the setup. In otherwords....the storylines...the acting. But everything else is real as real can be. These guys are athletic as hell! Hit themselves with chairs, ladders, tables. Come on! You know thats got to hurt!

And have you seen the physique of this dude Batista? God****!!!

IRONATE is offline New Member
    I hear ya boys. I loved it as a kid,and those guys are athletes.I think for some people it's just like pro bodybuilders,you don't realize how big these guys are untill your face to face with them.Also remember.It only takes like 10lbs of pressure to break someones nose so even those half ass blows from a 250lbs+ guy will do damage.

I prefer to watching wrestling to real sports. When you watch a real sport on tv its people competing against each other, they dont care what the audience thinks theyre there to win and to me thats not always fun to watch. But wrestling is the wrestlers working together to put on a show and make it entertaining for the audience so thats why I enjoy watching it. Thats just my opinion.

Thread Information