Danbury, Connecticut
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    St. George, Utah
    Reno, Nevada
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Ogden, Utah
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Hartford, Connecticut

See what places FindYourSpot.com recommends for you!
    Take the FREE quiz and get your list at:
    http://www.FindYourSpot.com

This is what I got, the order from top to bottom is most desireable to least. Anyone in these places what do you think? I am afraid of going to Montana, but my wife is from there so she would be more at home. I got my heart set on Co Springs Co.

peace

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Kansas City Mo

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Southwest US for sure. Mild winters - sunny days!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Maraxus's moms house

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Maraxus's moms house
    Only down side is getting out the window when he shows up early. hahahahaha

I don't need any poll to tell me the best place to live.......it's FLA all the way baby.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Maraxus's moms house
    Darn, i was gonna say that....hahaha

OG

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    South FL is nuuuuts

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Darn, i was gonna say that....hahaha

OG
    You must stay there during the week then...I only stay on the weekends .

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    El Paso, Texas has a low crime rate, mild winters, and Mexico border for easy roids access.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I know FL is the place, the little woman wants to move to Colorado, or Montana. I am over Orlando, its not the place to be anymore. My wife is an accountant so she has no probs getting a job. Me I do P.T. and have a degree in Graphic Design (print) so I kinda have to start looking here soon. I think my boys will enjoy the snow.

side question what is in Montana? isn't like nothing but snow and mountains. Anyone know? How about Colorado's cities any of them have a good job market. (has to be better than orlando!!)

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    if i were to move to the states i would either go to hawaii somewhere or san diego.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    I lived in New York, been around the whole state..... it sucks big time and only getting worse....

so

I moved to South Florida. first to Aventura, beautiful but total land "area" of the city is 1.0 sq mile... wtf? and its surrounded by ghettos. So then I move to Boca Raton. Too many darn people... too many old people getting in your way, and a bunch of dumb ass people working at every store down here... Home prices went up 30-50% in the last year.. insane!!! Can't even get a doctor's appointment anywhere here because there are too many people and doctors are too darn slow. I have driven all over Florida (from what it seems like, almost every single street) It sucks, but it's still better than NY.

My wife and I have no clue where to live in the country anymore Its going down hill really fast and we are thinking about moving to another freakin country! I have traveled all over the US and have almost given up any hope of finding a normal place to live.

Just seems like there really is no place to live any more to enjoy life. You either have to live in/near an overcrowded/overpriced city, and stress out all day, not getting anything done but at least you have a higher paying job. Also pay way too much for no property and a run down home.

Or you could move to the middle of bumfark nowhere, have a decent house with land, where the quality of life is somewhat better.. but--- You have to deal with stupid slow people who can't make friggin change at the register and work in slow motion. Not be able to shop at nice malls, shopping centers, etc. Also nothing for the kids or yourself to do but drink beer, pick your nose and sleep with your cousin. No activities, no nightlife, no culture, no arts and leisure... This to me is just as frustrating as living in a dirty city. Either way, you can't do much of anything or get anything done.

My wife and I sit down at dinner and discuss this topic every night and each night it just becomes harder and harder to make a decision.

If you want a safe area.. you have to give up nice weather and live in a cold climate. If you want to be able to walk around all year in shorts and relax on the beach or by your pool, you have to deal with dumb slow stupid people and horrible schools.

If you dont mind paying 2.60 for a gallon of regular unleaded, dealing with the inevitable 10.0 earthquake, watch your house slide down the side of a mountain, or catch on fire when it hasn't rained in 2 years.. I heard California is nice...lol

All I want is to live somewhere warm, with plenty of activities (outdoor/indoor), be able to buy a decent home with some property size, be able to afford food/gas/clothes, window shop at high end retailers, be able to have a car and not worry about driving in the snow and ice, getting up 1 hour earlier to scrape the darn ice off my car windows because the defroster doesn't clear 1" thick ice off glass, have kids grow up around friendly people, go to great schools, live in a suburban area, close enough to a major city, low taxes, no $8.00 verrazano bridge tolls, nice, clean movie theaters, and have plenty of cultural activities going on, no backward, slow, hillbillies to deal with, low crime rate, low car insurance, plenty of healthcare facilities available,.... I could go on but its pointless imo

Tell me where I can find all the above and I will move there tomorrow

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    H-town texas stay up

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    take a look and see what you think

--------------------------------------------

Here's my recommended list from FindYourSpot.com's quiz:

Bend, Oregon
    Carson City, Nevada
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Missoula, Montana
    Medford, Oregon
    Frederick, Maryland
    Charleston, West Virginia
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Salem, Oregon
    Loveland, Colorado
    Portland, Oregon
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Eugene, Oregon
    Provo-Orem, Utah
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    Danbury, Connecticut
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    St. George, Utah
    Reno, Nevada
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Ogden, Utah
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Hartford, Connecticut

This is what I got, the order from top to bottom is most desireable to least. Anyone in these places what do you think? I am afraid of going to Montana, but my wife is from there so she would be more at home. I got my heart set on Co Springs Co.

peace

Hmmmm, Those places look good

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    not central florida---

way too over populated
    too flippin hot
    too dirty
    spanish language is taking over(i took it 5 minutes in college--way to hard-- walked out and dropped the class)
    ghetos everywhere
    meth capital of the world
    trailer parks
    #1 in stds
    #1 in people showing up on jerry springer shows
    prices of everything going way up because so many people moving here
    and transient central they all get stuck here

now the bad reasons to live here--lol

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Danbury sucks dude.

Bend, Oregon
    Carson City, Nevada
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Missoula, Montana
    Medford, Oregon
    Frederick, Maryland
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Salem, Oregon
    Loveland, Colorado
    Portland, Oregon
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Eugene, Oregon
    Provo-Orem, Utah
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    Danbury, Connecticut
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    St. George, Utah
    Reno, Nevada
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Ogden, Utah
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Hartford, Connecticut

peace

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Danbury sucks dude.

Bend, Oregon
    Carson City, Nevada
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Missoula, Montana
    Medford, Oregon
    Frederick, Maryland
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Salem, Oregon
    Loveland, Colorado
    Portland, Oregon
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Eugene, Oregon
    Provo-Orem, Utah
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    Danbury, Connecticut
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    St. George, Utah
    Reno, Nevada
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Ogden, Utah
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Hartford, Connecticut

peace

Sage is offline Anabolic Member

Frederick, Maryland
    for the record there is absolutely nottn to do in Frederick county.......too quite and overpriced in real state which is mostly intended for retirement community..........the most beautiful women in MD r either in Towson, Inner Harbor (downtown), and White Marsh area incase some1 is planning a trip down here...............

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout
    not central florida---

way too over populated
    too flippin hot
    too dirty
    spanish language is taking over(i took it 5 minutes in college--way to hard-- walked out and dropped the class)
    ghetos everywhere
    meth capital of the world
    trailer parks
    #1 in stds
    #1 in people showing up on jerry springer shows
    prices of everything going way up because so many people moving here
    and transient central they all get stuck here

now the bad reasons to live here--lol

Tapout where are you at, maybe we can hang and gripe about how lame central florida is

I am from St. Pete, Tampa, Brandon,Melbourne, M-Beach, Indian Harbor, Satellite Beach, Cape Canaveral
    then last residence was Suntree area before coming to Orlando in 93. Did 5 years on the beach after high school.
    Now I am ready to see something new, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA

Make sure I hear this information too. I thing Costa Rica wouldn't be that bad. Last time I heard its great if your American, making US dollars.

keep the faith man paradise is out there somewhere.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    I lived in New York, been around the whole state..... it sucks big time and only getting worse....

so

I moved to South Florida. first to Aventura, beautiful but total land "area" of the city is 1.0 sq mile... wtf? and its surrounded by ghettos. So then I move to Boca Raton. Too many darn people... too many old people getting in your way, and a bunch of dumb ass people working at every store down here... Home prices went up 30-50% in the last year.. insane!!! Can't even get a doctor's appointment anywhere here because there are too many people and doctors are too darn slow. I have driven all over Florida (from what it seems like, almost every single street) It sucks, but it's still better than NY.

My wife and I have no clue where to live in the country anymore Its going down hill really fast and we are thinking about moving to another freakin country! I have traveled all over the US and have almost given up any hope of finding a normal place to live.

Just seems like there really is no place to live any more to enjoy life. You either have to live in/near an overcrowded/overpriced city, and stress out all day, not getting anything done but at least you have a higher paying job. Also pay way too much for no property and a run down home.

Or you could move to the middle of bumfark nowhere, have a decent house with land, where the quality of life is somewhat better.. but--- You have to deal with stupid slow people who can't make friggin change at the register and work in slow motion. Not be able to shop at nice malls, shopping centers, etc. Also nothing for the kids or yourself to do but drink beer, pick your nose and sleep with your cousin. No activities, no nightlife, no culture, no arts and leisure... This to me is just as frustrating as living in a dirty city. Either way, you can't do much of anything or get anything done.

My wife and I sit down at dinner and discuss this topic every night and each night it just becomes harder and harder to make a decision.

If you want a safe area.. you have to give up nice weather and live in a cold climate. If you want to be able to walk around all year in shorts and relax on the beach or by your pool, you have to deal with dumb slow stupid people and horrible schools.

If you dont mind paying 2.60 for a gallon of regular unleaded, dealing with the inevitable 10.0 earthquake, watch your house slide down the side of a mountain, or catch on fire when it hasn't rained in 2 years.. I heard California is nice...lol

All I want is to live somewhere warm, with plenty of activities (outdoor/indoor), be able to buy a decent home with some property size, be able to afford food/gas/clothes, window shop at high end retailers, be able to have a car and not worry about driving in the snow and ice, getting up 1 hour earlier to scrape the darn ice off my car windows because the defroster doesn't clear 1" thick ice off glass, have kids grow up around friendly people, go to great schools, live in a suburban area, close enough to a major city, low taxes, no $8.00 verrazano bridge tolls, nice, clean movie theaters, and have plenty of cultural activities going on, no backward, slow, hillbillies to deal with, low crime rate, low car insurance, plenty of healthcare facilities available,.... I could go on but its pointless imo

How about Mississippi? As funny as it sounds that is where I'm building my retirement home. Cheap land, affordable housing costs and with the gambling industry there now there is all kinds of activity. Did I mention the golf courses are pretty ****ed good as well? However, on the down side, they do have a state tax and no one, and I do mean no one, ever swims in the gulf....too much myd from the river......but seafood is cheap as heck. Winters are mild and the hunting is great. And the people are nice....I may be a little biased on that last remark.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Manhattan -- you have absolutely everything here it is great! I have lived here for 8.5 years so far.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Maraxus's moms house
    Mass has a comfy bed, and his wife likes to snuggle. Best place to live IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Manhattan -- you have absolutely everything here it is great! I have lived here for 8.5 years so far.

Agreed, I love Manhattan.. only 2 problems

#1) not the best place to raise kids imo

#2) cant afford a home and dont want a condo

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you all know to steer well away from Los Angeles....you thought the spanish population was bad in Central Florida...come to LA...however, there still are some nice places to live....but I am still single so I can afford it...once I get married and have my own kids...then the lady and I will talk about where to go next.

I think we should all keep in mind that everything happens in cycles...no not the cycle you are on...but the one where sh*t will get bad...but then it will get good again...like the homing market...it is high here now...but I have a feeling it will subside!

If there was any place in LA I could live it would be Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Pennisula, Rancho Palos Verdes, Holmby Hills, Westlake Village....just my .02

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Hopkinsville, Kentucky
    Paris, Tennessee
    Murray, Kentucky
    Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Fredericksburg, Texas
    Kerrville, Texas
    Guntersville, Alabama
    Guthrie, Oklahoma
    Eufaula, Alabama
    Marble Falls, Texas
    Wimberley, Texas
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Alexander City, Alabama
    San Marcos, Texas
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Woodbury, Tennessee
    Round Top, Texas
    Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
    Conroe, Texas
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Alpine, Texas
    Aiken, South Carolina
    St. Marys, Georgia

This is the list it gave me...........hmmm I guess I should just stay put huh being as I'm already in Tn

Want to travel to TN to check it out

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    Northern California hands down.

LA is gross.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan
    Northern California hands down.

LA is gross.
    Man all of Cali sucks....No Cal more than So Cal...but that is my biased (sp) opinion considering I live in So Cali...

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    In So Cal Manhatten Beach or Newport Beach or La Jolla would be real nice. Pacific Palisades is nice to. For No Cal Sausalito, Woodside, Mill Valley. I'm from Monterey, Carmel area originally and Its beautiful, just not much economy. One thing positive about L.A. is tons of hot babes. Every small town homecoming queen in the world comes to L.A. to be an actress. Lots of chances to score some high quality trim in L.A.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    Vegas Baby...for as long as you can handle it!

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    Model material stacked with venerial's. I guess whatever you're into.

I guess it all depends what you're after...

Personally I'd be happy as a pig in sh!t in some small Vermont village in the shadows of the Green Mountains...

Red

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    juggernaut hit it right
    i went there in march--whole family went to take parents up to gamble--i loved it--even my 6 y.o. loved it
    the people were nice,seemed clean,nice weather not so intolerable hot(i trully believe the heat miser lives down the street from me and the devil lives in miami area)
    and the eating was unreal--boomtown and the grand had unbelievable buffets at a great price

we went into town and it was cool i bet it would have been great at halloween and christmas there(like a little town you see in the movies)

kaoria i am pming you

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Hmmmm, Those places look good
    that's where I was born and raised (fort collins) it's not all that.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    ha ha ha u left out detroit mi thats a sh*t hole

Thread Information