Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dizzy is offline Banned

Cool Any guys/gals play guitar here?

Just wondering if anyone here plays the good ol git fiddle around here. Sorry the Texan in me got a little carried away. And if so how long have you been playing, what type of guitar do you have, ect, ect.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    Been playing for about 4 1/2 years. I have a custom BC rich warlock with skull and crossbone inlays. I play mostly technical death/thrash stuff, but occasionally I'll get in a softer mood and bust out some good 'ol Lynnard Skynnard-I'm sure I spelled that wrong. I'm actually working on a demo I'm going to send into Metal Blade just for the hell of it.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Hey guys, I just play for the fun of it, but my dad is in the music business if you want to send me a mp3 or something I'll be glad to let him take a look at it. He has helped a few guys and gals around here get some pretty good gigs. By the way those are some kick ass guitars.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    No, he just recently sold his music distribution company. He is well known and liked in the music biz. He grew up here in Texas. When he was a teenager he and his friends bought a couple of night clubs and held concerts for people like Ike and Tina Turner. He helped people like Master P, Robin Trower, get their career up and running. Just email me a mp3 bro and I'll see what I can do. I hate to give anyone false hope but I love to listen to music and my dad's theory is music isn't meant to be listened to, it's meant to be sold, so together we are a good combo. I wish he never sold the business.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Oh yeah, I will pm you my email address.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    This business is tough dude. I know a cat that is the best guitarist since Stevie Ray Vaughn, and still is struggling. But you never know.

Dizzy is offline Banned

No doubt

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Aw, now I like the lead singer. Go easy on my baby.

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    To bad I didn't meet you a couple of years ago, we had a project goin' and had some original stuff written, I haven't play in more than 2 1/2years since I started working out, I still have my 74' Fender and the first guitar I bought, a Yamaha Pacifica that I myself customized, it's loaded with Duncan Invader at the bridge and Screamin' Deamon at the neck, I scaloped the neck and refretted it with Dunlop Jumbos, obviously I'm a Yngwie Malmsteen fan.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Right on Wrath. Yngwie is the man.

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Play guitar and ukulele.......Got an Ibanez and Takamine guitar and alot of differents ukes...

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the offer bro-I'll let you know when I get some stuff down on tape-my friend has got a home studio an I'm going to go track some stuff in a couple weeks with my drummer. As far as "making it" goes-I definitely don't have any delusions. You don't see much extreme death metal on the pop charts these days LOL. I just do it for the love of it. Metal and BB are my life-aside fom women of course.......
    Last edited by HARDCORE; 03-22-2002 at 02:25 AM.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Glad to see at least one other acoustic purist.

Moi: Have played longer than most people on this board have been alive. Got a vintage Guild Mark III, a Martin M-36, and a beat-up old Guild Mark II that will always be my favorite.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by bigkev
    been playing for 12 years.
    Believe it or not - BigKev plays the guitar VERY well and sings as he plays...... You'd never think it to look at him... But, the first time I went over to his place and he busted out with his guitar and started playing and singing - it shocked the hell out of me! He's really good...

He used to play and sing me to sleep at night.....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by 9natural9
    once again, bigkev upstages the scene

BigKev is just full of surprises

I just bought an acoustic guitar myself, hoping to learn sometime in the near future

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Been playin Accoustic Blues Steel-String for 17 years now, can't read music but gots lotsa Tabs if any ya guys wanna trade lix.
    I'm gonna try and get my cam runnin' so you can take a glimpse at my bitch.

My Beloved Bitch...........Lois .
    Best Girl I've ever had. She's an Ibanez Dread, Can I see some pix of your guy's Bitches?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any guys/gals play guitar here?-lois.jpg  

another of Lois practicing Safe Sex...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any guys/gals play guitar here?-safe-lois.jpg  

Nice guitar pictures!!!

Do any of you guys have music sheets of popular songs??? Or have a website to get them?

Thnx

This one is pretty good:

http://www.wholenote.com/

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Kid Shred, I like the Ibanez. She's a bute. I am an acoustic fiend also. I bought an Ovation acoustic/electric to learn on. I'm really not too happy with it. Not a deep enough sound for me. I'll be getting a twelve string pretty soon. Any suggestions? I really like the Martin & Co. Super rich sound. Too expensive though. I don't want to pay more than $600.

Damn Dizzy, You don't like the Ovation???? I've wanted to get one for a while they're just too pricey for me right now. It might lack the sound of a full-fledge accoustic but you'll know the difference when ya plug it in.I have a 12 string Ibanez as well, cool for rhythm but a pain in the ass to tune especially when ya got your friends screwin around with it.(Sinister Grin).
    Is the ovation that you have the ones with those small wholes around it , if so I'm jealous. Got any pix of the Ovation?

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I don't have a digital camera but here is a pick of it. I'm not sure if this is the exact model but it looks very similair. It's one of those 3/4 cut mofos. It sounds puny to me. It does sound really good plugged up with the headphones I spent $200 on though. I'm just not happy considering I spent $250 on this thing used. Also all my friends have Martins, and Gibsons, and I play theirs more than my own. They have spoiled me. How much did you pay for the Ibanez 12 string?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any guys/gals play guitar here?-untitled-1.jpg  

Nice guitar, does it have a rounded back ? You probably just need a phat accoustic Processor and you should be set , they're noted to be a good company. I bought my 12-string accouctic/electric for like 150 and it's pretty banged up but sounds great through an amp and a processor.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Yeah it's got the rounded back. Thanks. I'll try the processor out. If any of you guys in Texas get a chance to see Lance Lopez check him out. He's the man. Straight jammin ass blues. He won the Jimi Hendrix competition first when he was 15 and has won it a couple of times after that. Extremely technical as well.

Yeah, this is a very stupid question...but i'm a real newbie to guitars.

When your holding down the string, are you holding it on the METAL fret? Now I understand that "fret" has two meanings with guitars, it can either be the space inbetween the two metal sticks on the NECK of the guitar, OR, it can be the metal stick itself.

So, when playing, are you holding down the string ontop of the metal sticks, or are you holding down the string IN BETWEEN the two metal sticks. This is the main thing i'm confused with.

Also, my fingers seem too FAT to play the strings. When I try to hold down one string, my finger hits the other strings, causing the vibration to fuck up!!!

Dizzy is offline Banned
    When you play a note your holding the string in between the "sticks" It will all come with time. You start to get a feel for it you know. I don't know how to explain it with out sounding like a pervert. You just rub her the right way and she sings for you. here is some good websites for ya.

http://www.endprod.com/tab/ (How to read tabs)

http://www.tabrobot.com/ (Tabs)

http://www.lib.virginia.edu/dmmc/Music/GuitarChords/ (Guitar Chord Dictionary)

AWESOME sites dude, thnx a lot for da help Dizzy

I owe ya

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Terinox
    AWESOME sites dude, thnx a lot for da help Dizzy

I owe ya
    No sweat.

By the way, here is a picture of the guitar I bought...

Why the hell doesn't the picture show???

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    i've been playing guitar for about 6 years now. i got a small band going. my current guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Custom. solid black with gold humbuckers, keys, and inlays. had it for awhile. got it pretty damn cheap. i use DOD grunge pedal, Digitech RP-3 processor, dunlop wah wah, and i hook it all up to my trust Line 6 Spider 212!! i play all types of shit. i can play almost all of metallica's best songs (rythym) almost everything by creed. i play alot of new shit also... i will hopefully get a digital camera and show you pictures of me and my friends jamming and also pictures of all my gear.

My main axe

This is my baby, a 74'Strat loaded with Di'Marzios, no other modifications. It's the sweetest thing on Earth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any guys/gals play guitar here?-my-74-strat.gif  

Yamaha on Bulking cycle

This was my first guitar, I loaded it with Duncan Invader and Screamin' Demon, scaloped neck, It's like a Yamaha on Anadrol 50
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any guys/gals play guitar here?-yamaha.jpg  

Wrathchild, nice Fender Strat!!!!!! Always wanted one. Any of ya guys mess around with slide?

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Wrathchild, sweet ass guitars bro. That yamaha does look pumped. And the fender is tight. Black and white is perfect too.

KidShred, I haven't got into slide yet. But I just started. I'm sure I will eventually.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    I just started playing and I'm looking forward to learning. I had know idea that AR would house so many musicians.

We should all start a Guitar Quintet Band and call ourselves the "The Juice-Boyz". We could get Brovel,Organon,and TTokyo stickers on all our equipment, we just have to remember to bring enough clomid for the World Tour.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by deadend226
    I just started playing and I'm looking forward to learning. I had know idea that AR would house so many musicians.
    Hey! *raises hand* I play the saxaphone!!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information