Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member

Whats the worst spot you ever got?

For example, heres mine:

Doin dumbbell presses about a year ago. Was tryin to up 70lb bells for the first time, so i told my buddy "hey, you know how to spot right?" Hes like "yea, either pull your wrists or from the elbow", so im like ok.

Get about 5 out, struggeling on the 6th, i mutter a quick 'spot', and he proceeds, as im laying on my back there with it almost locked out, to push down on my forearms, NOT from under my elbow! I manage to toss the one weight off to the side, and my elbow proceeds to just give out from the extra pressure on the other arm, the weight falls onto my sternum, where i feel the sternum flex and i swear almost touch my friggin spine, and then it springs back up, throws the weight off me, onto the floor with a really loud THUD!

I get up, grasping my chest, roll off the bench, and proceed to tell him what i thought of his spot extremely pissed off.

Whole gym got quiet and everyone looked at me.

Ouch, and i was PISSED!

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I had a partner that loved to start helping me before I was even struggling. He couldn't grasp the concept that its help not his set.

Worst spot was when flat bb benching, this guy would hold onto the bar with a deathgrip both on the way down and back up.... after a couple reps i had to explain the whole concept.

Latimus is offline Banned
    when someone helps before you need it is the worst...man i hate it

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I had 225 drop on some broken ribs that a buddy was supposed to watch while doing decline bench.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    One time I was on the flat bench and there was only one guy close enough to spot me. I lifted the bar off the rack, went down slowly and completed 3-4 reps and on the final one when I needed the spotter he loomed onto of my and a big glop of his sweat dropped in my eye. I screamed 'WHAT THE FUK' lol and lifted the weight shook his hand and never asked him to spot me again. Thats just too nasty lol.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    I had 225 drop on some broken ribs that a buddy was supposed to watch while doing decline bench.
    Yea back about a year n half ago I had 300 drop onto me. Wasn't really the spoters fault, in fact it woulda been worse. My shoulder popped out so the one side went right down, cracked a couple ribs.. haha hospital please... My partner Jonnytours a good spotter, better to me then I am to him, I get distracted.. Other then he sweats on me and the occasional spitting lol

jonnytour is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Yea back about a year n half ago I had 300 drop onto me. Wasn't really the spoters fault, in fact it woulda been worse. My shoulder popped out so the one side went right down, cracked a couple ribs.. haha hospital please... My partner Jonnytours a good spotter, better to me then I am to him, I get distracted.. Other then he sweats on me and the occasional spitting lol
    Ya Needmore isn;t the most attentive all the time. However I have been spat and sweated on by him as well. Other than that I haven't had many bad experiences.

Be Real is offline Banned
    Had a guy once whom I asked to spot act all embarassed to spot me and then on a 10 rep set about rep 3 he started to do the weight for me and then when I went down for rep 10 he completely yanked the bar off my chest and slammed it into the bench. Frikking wierdo I dont know why he pulled that stunt but he was a big mofo and I just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytour
    Ya Needmore isn;t the most attentive all the time. However I have been spat and sweated on by him as well. Other than that I haven't had many bad experiences.
    I always have a hat bro so I dont think u've been sweated on.. now spat on thats a BIG 10 4 lol

Ha Ha Ha!! This is a good one. It happened probably about a 3 months ago.
    I was flat benchin. Last set, doin reps of 315. The guy spotting me at the time was one of my best friends. Anyway, I'm trying for about 5 reps. He knows that I'm probably gonna need help on the last rep so he's watching pretty closely. Rep1, Rep2, Rep3...everythings going well, but right after I pushed up the 3rd rep...he gets attacked by some mysterious power that causes him to go into this sneezing fit?!? His first sneeze was sudden and without warning...which resulted in some kind of de-funked throat goober being propelled from his mouth right onto my forehead.
    I lost it. All I could think about was how badly I want to get this f*cking projectile off of my forehead. He saw it happen, so as he continued to sneeze he did the polite thing and turned his head to the side. This did two things...kept any further foreign particles from landing on me, but it also completely buried me. I was at failure and I had just enough strength to keep the weight on my failed 4th rep from slamming down on my chest. So I'm f*cking lying there with a snot rocket on my forehead, 315 on my chest and there's not a **** thing I can do about it because he's still looking the other way sneezing. Luckily I wasn't injured at all and it was actually pretty funny to me after I got the weight off of my chest and the slime wipped off!!

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    I was flat benchin. Last set, doin reps of 315. The guy spotting me at the time was one of my best friends. Anyway, I'm trying for about 5 reps. He knows that I'm probably gonna need help on the last rep so he's watching pretty closely. Rep1, Rep2, Rep3...everythings going well, but right after I pushed up the 3rd rep...he gets attacked by some mysterious power that causes him to go into this sneezing fit?!? His first sneeze was sudden and without warning...which resulted in some kind of de-funked throat goober being propelled from his mouth right onto my forehead.
    I lost it. All I could think about was how badly I want to get this f*cking projectile off of my forehead. He saw it happen, so as he continued to sneeze he did the polite thing and turned his head to the side. This did two things...kept any further foreign particles from landing on me, but it also completely buried me. I was at failure and I had just enough strength to keep the weight on my failed 4th rep from slamming down on my chest. So I'm f*cking lying there with a snot rocket on my forehead, 315 on my chest and there's not a **** thing I can do about it because he's still looking the other way sneezing. Luckily I wasn't injured at all and it was actually pretty funny to me after I got the weight off of my chest and the slime wipped off!!
    the worst time was when i was benching flat really heavy ,my freind was spotting me in the middle of my set all of a sudden he says i really gotta s*** he leaves and the bar got stuck on me 2 girl then lifted it off me embarrsing

Elysium is offline Productive Member

hahaha i laughed all the way through reading that

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

maxex is offline Member
    I hate it when a88holes you dont even know that well constantly have there hands on the bar, elbows ect. screaming motivational outbursts while im trying to concentrate. I hate it, it interupts what im telling myself in my head. And to make matters worse i didnt even ask these people for a spot. I f**ckn hate it! And what makes it even worse than that is when there breath stinks.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the worst one for me, or in general is the guy who just picks the wt up, he doenst apply just enough lift to help u move it up, but he just picks it up for u, and you get no workout from it.. i hate that

hahahhahahah thanx for the laugh.. thats the best one yet

Odin is offline Member
    Worst thing for me was when I was doing close grip with 275. The guy I had lifting with me was kinda slow and to make things worst their was 2 super hot blondes doing lunges in front of us. Well, he's spotting me and I getted stuck on my 7th rep and he help. So I look up and he's over in a daze checking out these woman, so I yell spot! Next thing I remember is 2 hands on the right side of the bar and none on the other. Before I could get off the word no he gives a good yank, I don't think I need to explain what happend. Anyway's the two chicks turn around and start laughing, dam was I mad. Well 1 week later me, a friend, and this same retard are lifting again. Were doing squat's start out with 225 for warmup's well the slow guy only managed to get 2 barely. Well next I go 315 and he watches me an the other guy lift, then 405 and my other guy quit's their. I still had one set left though 495, so I put 5 plates on each side, and here comes them same two cute blondes. Well, guess who all of sudden want's in on the set. I tried my best at talking him out of it, but in the end he managed to bend the $hit out of the two saftey racks.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i had a guy spot me on the bench, he seemed to only spot on one side. I got to fail and the phucker started only taking weight off one side!! so i had to shift on the bench, yell at him and struggle. I racked it and then he walked off like he had done me a favour.

Hed
    Somehow i can totally picture you avitar being your spotter, spweing lewg out of his mouth lol.

That was a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    Somehow i can totally picture you avitar being your spotter, spweing lewg out of his mouth lol.

That was a great one!

Are you kidding me!?!?!? I wouldn't let that crazy lookin f*cker anywhere near me. No telling what would be flyin out of that dudes mouth!!
    It's actually a picture of Mesomorphyl's real father. Right Meso?? JK bro.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I never go really heavy on the bench for fear of getting tea-bagged. hahahaha

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    I never go really heavy on the bench for fear of getting tea-bagged. hahahaha

Judging by your avitar, you dont go heavy on anything except Dungens & Dragons

Maraxus is offline Banned
    No you didnt just talk about my bitch that way!!

tubbytank is offline Associate Member

Donkey Calf Raises

My partner and I decided to start doing some donkey calf raises (for those who don;t know it's when someone sits on your back while you do calves). Our gym is pretty up market and no-one had ever seen anything like it. Needless to say we drew a lot of attention. Lot's of "I hope he's bought you flowers and taken you to dinner first" type of thing.
    Anywyas, one day my partner wanted to start a little lighter (I was weighing around 135kg at the time). So we asked a guy that we spot for and vice versa if he would mind sitting on my mate's back. This guy would be 70kgs soaking wet.
    He went all red and started to giggle, then said he couldn't do it. It just didn;t feel right. we assured him everything would be fine, but he started stammering "no, no, I am feeling uncomfortable" and would go all funny. He then said, rather eagerly I might add, "I'd like to watch though!". Hahaha. I nearly cracked a joke about him liking to watch in a camp way but he was so nervous about the whole thing I refrained. How bizarre....

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I always go really heavy on the bench hoping to get tea-bagged. hahahaha

Doesn't surprise me in the least.....

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12

Still puzzles me why he only presses 130lbs with his mouth wide open and asks for a spot....

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was squating 495lbs for reps going all the way down really deep. I did it about 6 times and then went to do another one and only could go half way up. I sat there stuck for what seemed about 5 seconds. And he let me go all the way back down to the ground with the weight on my back. I had to throw it of my back. It took me about 6-8 months to rehabilitate my back to where I could just squat 500lbs again for a single rep. I was so pissed.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    A buddy of mine did not show up for squats one day and I asked a guy to spot me, told him how to do it, and yet when I was on my way back up expecting a bear hug but NOT THE SPOON... I was so pissed I asked the MF if he liked that **** and told him I ought to bash in his skull with a 25lbs dumbell. Needless to say if I do not have a buddy there I will use the smith machine.

Also, this story is for a guy I spoted once while in the military, and if you have been in the issued shorts have this mesh stuff like swimtrunks, I went to spot him on flat bench and his eyes got big and was like back away, back away(at this time I did not realize my junk was in his face). He started loosing the press so I stayed and spotted that guy anyway. When he got off the bench he told me why he didn't want me to spot him, he would rather have let the plates slide off intead. Oh well I didnt know and he got a peek.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    A buddy of mine did not show up for squats one day and I asked a guy to spot me, told him how to do it, and yet when I was on my way back up expecting a bear hug but NOT THE SPOON... I was so pissed I asked the MF if he liked that **** and told him I ought to bash in his skull with a 25lbs dumbell. Needless to say if I do not have a buddy there I will use the smith machine.

Also, this story is for a guy I spoted once while in the military, and if you have been in the issued shorts have this mesh stuff like swimtrunks, I went to spot him on flat bench and his eyes got big and was like back away, back away(at this time I did not realize my junk was in his face). He started loosing the press so I stayed and spotted that guy anyway. When he got off the bench he told me why he didn't want me to spot him, he would rather have let the plates slide off intead. Oh well I didnt know and he got a peek.
    Back away, just back away!

Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    I hate it when a88holes you dont even know that well constantly have there hands on the bar, elbows ect. screaming motivational outbursts while im trying to concentrate. I hate it, it interupts what im telling myself in my head. And to make matters worse i didnt even ask these people for a spot. I f**ckn hate it! And what makes it even worse than that is when there breath stinks.

Yah I hate that too, Whenver someone does that I turn to them after my set and say maybe you misunderstood me, I asked for a spotter NOT a cheerleader.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl

ha ha spooned while squatting. Was he driving with the hips

I remember in college one time this humongous black guy is benching. And he has something ridiculous like 6 plates on each side and so everyone has stopped and is watching waiting to see if he can do it.The whole gym is silent at this point and the entire freeweights section is watching him. He sits back, takes a deep breath, lifts his legs up off the ground onto the bench then lifts them a little higher then lets out the most incredibly loud fart you have ever heard, then jumps up and starts laughing his butt off. The whole gym is laughing their ass off at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    I remember in college one time this humongous black guy is benching. And he has something ridiculous like 6 plates on each side and so everyone has stopped and is watching waiting to see if he can do it.The whole gym is silent at this point and the entire freeweights section is watching him. He sits back, takes a deep breath, lifts his legs up off the ground onto the bench then lifts them a little higher then lets out the most incredibly loud fart you have ever heard, then jumps up and starts laughing his butt off. The whole gym is laughing their ass off at this point.
    Oh Yeah!!! That is F*CKING hilarious bro!!!!

jonnytour is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I AM SOOOOOO casting a level 23 spell of small penis on your ass tonight......now where did I put my short sword and cape? Ans someone loan me a little eye of newt. hahahahaha

Only when you're in the gym...now come give me some sugar. hahahahaha

Only when you're in the gym...now come give me some sugar. hahahahaha

How many times have I told you, NO KISSING!!!!!!

How many times have I told you, NO KISSING!!!!!!
    Not uh! You said no tongue. Make up your mind all ready. hahahahaha

Not uh! You said no tongue. Make up your mind all ready. hahahahaha

NOPE,

NO KISSING,

And don't forget to wear that Red dress that I bought you, tonight....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information