brewerpi is offline Associate Member

Tell me if you like this idea

I'm part of a group investing in a Gym. We had a meeting yesterday and everyone was asked to make a list of all their pet peeves when it comes to the gyms they've been to over the years. Music was an issue on almost everyone's list.
    My idea is that when you join you submit your 20 favorite songs to workout to, then the songs are placed in the gym's soundsystem (itunes) When you have your membership card scanned upon arrival the system adds your songs to the list to be played-
    What do you think?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i think thats an excellent idea. i wish all gyms did that. but when the gays walkin with boy george tracks it wont be so great

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerpi
    I'm part of a group investing in a Gym. We had a meeting yesterday and everyone was asked to make a list of all their pet peeves when it comes to the gyms they've been to over the years. Music was an issue on almost everyone's list.
    My idea is that when you join you submit your 20 favorite songs to workout to, then the songs are placed in the gym's soundsystem (itunes) When you have your membership card scanned upon arrival the system adds your songs to the list to be played-
    What do you think?
    that will not work b/c you could go from cannibal corpse to the dixe chicks everyone would be pissed itll throw off your workout. Besides not all songs are approprite and also not everyone wants to listen to bands like I do growling and screaming. Best bet get an mp3 player like60 bucks not bad

no gym I'm invested in will ever play Dixie Chicks!

no gym I'm invested in will ever play Dixie Chicks!
    you get what I'm saying though I mean if it was a gym that played the sanme type of music all day like a rock station then you got your top favotrite hard rock songs than it would work but if your someone like me that digs just metal I dont wanna here rap at all even though everyone puts in there songs wheater it be rap, rock, metal you might get a majority of one style like rap and those who dont dig on that will listen to rap for a long while then might get a metal song picked every so often but.....you get what Im saying though

yes, I agree, hopefully the overall "style" of this place will weed out people who listen to Dixie Chicks and such...

yes, I agree, hopefully the overall "style" of this place will weed out people who listen to Dixie Chicks and such...
    I know what you mean the gym here at school sometimes plays like soft music it makes you sad. All gyms should just use a hard rock station and break the dial

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    i list my favorite 2,000 songs on my ipod and dont listen to anything but my ipod

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    i list my favorite 2,000 songs on my ipod and dont listen to anything but my ipod
    yea now with mp3 players being so small its a lot easier to just use that

chest6 is offline Banned
    I agree with 24 that wouldnt work. I like hard stuff that everyone else would be screaming and running out of the place when they heard it. But hey-I guess thats good for me, I get to workout by myself.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    Dont most people these days have mp3.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Give them a list to choose from. This way at least you can have some control over it.

Thread Information