Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Having serious problems with E-bay

I just bought something.........well kinda. I cant seem to be able to pay for it. Pay pal accepted my card info etc. Well now its time to pay for the stuff i bid on pay pal wont accept my card details. I mean WTF?? Ive bought stuff online before with no problem. Anyone else have simmilar difficulties?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    i forget exaclty what happened with me but you have to activate your account...if i remember correctly paypal places 2 different amounts of money into your bank account and you have to enter those 2 numbers..they also include a number with your credit card bill that you have to enter...once you do this..the account should be up and running

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    i forget exaclty what happened with me but you have to activate your account...if i remember correctly paypal places 2 different amounts of money into your bank account and you have to enter those 2 numbers..they also include a number with your credit card bill that you have to enter...once you do this..the account should be up and running
    hmmm if thats the case how come they dont mention it i joined e-bay like 6 months ago and registeres with paypal back then. How in the hell am i supposed to find out how much the put in my bank account.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Ebay blows this is way off topic bu tthey emailed me saying they suspended my account because of items i posted for sale that were a liability to the company but the thing is i dont even have an ebay account

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Pay pal blows......I only use companies that have real merchant account (that accept credit cards)....

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    Pay pal blows......I only use companies that have real merchant account (that accept credit cards)....
    well i figured out what the problem was. Its seems like alot of hastle for something that really shouldnt be. Its not like this in the adverts

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    eBay owns Paypal, bought them about 2 years ago or so, which
    is why Paypal will always be the #1 option on eBay because eBay
    charges you to list the item and then Paypal charges you a fee as
    well... Pretty good business methods if you're eBay if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    hmmm if thats the case how come they dont mention it i joined e-bay like 6 months ago and registeres with paypal back then. How in the hell am i supposed to find out how much the put in my bank account.
    Yea, i was real confused for a while too..i did this stuff over a year ago so it aint entirely fresh in my memory, but i belive once they had gave me the number in my credit card statement, i got my bank balance and thats when the $$ was put in..its was like 7 cents and 3 cents..some small number like that

Rob
    it might be possible that they changed this? maybe someone registered not too long ago...they might give ya better info

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    it might be possible that they changed this? maybe someone registered not too long ago...they might give ya better info
    im ok bro did some reading and found it hidden in a corner on the site.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah. Ebay was acting weird on me two days ago. I won an item on Wed, payed for it through my paypal account which is set up through my ebay bidding account.
    Transaction went through and it was paid.
    Bought another item on thursday, went to pay and it said my address was not verified.
    Im like, WTF. I did the same exact thing Ive always done and now I have an unconfirmed address.
    I think I had to go directly through my paypal account without even going into ebay and pay.

All I can say is: Paypal and ebay can easily cause you a days worth of computer work just trying to link accounts to emails and then to ONE credit card.
    Good luck trying to use a different credit card with an existing account.

marka is offline Associate Member
    Ebay and Paypal can be real tricky. Thats why there are quite a bit of complaints against Ebay's Paypal. Just be carefull and read the fine lines.

Similar thing happened to me, and it was $860 worth of stuff. I ended up using my girlfriends credit card. Then paypal charged her the $860(which I then paid her), and then never paid the sellers saying I wasnt allowed to do that. I never got my money back. Her credit card never got charged back. I had to mail money orders to the sellers. Which reminds me, I will call them again now.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Just quoting myself because you all know eBay = PayPal and Vice Versa...

http://msn-cnet.com.com/2100-1017-94...ase&subj=cn_fd

eBay picks up PayPal for $1.5 billion
    Last modified: July 8, 2002, 8:00 AM PDT
    By Margaret Kane
    Staff Writer

update Like many of its customers, auction giant eBay has decided to use PayPal as its electronic payment system.

On Monday, eBay said it is acquiring online payments company PayPal in a deal valued at $1.5 billion. eBay will also phase out its own competing service, eBay Payments by Billpoint.

PayPal, which went public earlier this year, allows consumers to make and accept payments over the Internet without using a credit card. The bulk of its business comes from eBay auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    eBay owns Paypal, bought them about 2 years ago or so, which is why Paypal will always be the #1 option on eBay because eBay
    charges you to list the item and then Paypal charges you a fee as well... Pretty good business methods if you're eBay if you ask me...
    Last edited by Jack87; 01-10-2005 at 11:47 PM.

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    I have never had any trouble with it, I am not a verified member which means I have not given them by bank account number and they did the thing where they put the money in and then I told them how much and became verified, I use my credit card through paypal, to change your credit card when you go to pay for the item and it shows yout he XXXXXXXXXX 3456 <---example under that it has blue letters that say change payment method or card or something like that click that and you can change your credit card, I have had to do that twice now.

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    I can't stand paypal/ebay. They double charged me for seller fee's one time. They draft the money for your fee's out of your checking account more or less if you have one registered. Only problem is my checking account was empty, I switched colleges and picked up a new bank. So I send them the money for my fee's to avoid an overdraft situation, 4-5 days early in fact. They end up drafting the money out of my checking account anyway, then giving me a +$15.00 balance hence overdrawing my account. Of course the address with the old checking account is my old college, so all my mail has to be forwarded to me at my new location. By the time I find out I even have an overdraft I owe close to $150 bucks on a $3 dollar overdraft. Ebays response, "Sorry about that, best of luck to you."

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    In retrospect... I should have closed out that account when I left to avoid a situation like this. But they are still some coch suckerz.

Thread Information