Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member

For the bouncers here......

How big were you before you became a bouncer? How did you get into it? How is the pay? Do you like it?

Just bein curious.......

decadbal is offline Banned
    i was prolly 215, but mentally i was over 300..lol it was ok, nothing sucks more to me than being around drunk ppl when im sober

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i was prolly 215, but mentally i was over 300..lol it was ok, nothing sucks more to me than being around drunk ppl when im sober

comon deca , dont lie to the boy! Deca is a measly 165lbs after a bulking cycle.

Just joking with ya bud
    Alex

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    nothing sucks more to me than being around drunk ppl when im sober
    how true...annoying as f*ck and they suddenly think their superman

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    How big were you before you became a bouncer? How did you get into it? How is the pay? Do you like it?

Just bein curious.......

I was around 300lb,

I had a friend who was working at a club, and offered me a job.

Not worth a ****,

I enjoy it,

However I have to agree with Deca , it can get old dealing with drunks, and nothing smells worse than beer breath, when you aren’t drinking……..

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla

Just bein curious.......
    Dont matter about size.. matters about skill.. I am at 230 and have had a couple ppl ask me to bounce.. But I dont want to be in that scene all the time

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    However I have to agree with Deca, it can get old dealing with drunks, and nothing smells worse than beer breath, when you aren’t drinking……..
    No kidding...ive lost all taste for alcohol. On new years eve i had ˝ beer. Then i got tierd of it. Not to mention how ive lost all tolerance for people drinking when im at a party. Its a good way to stay sober imo.

Size dont mather if you can role.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I bounced for about 4 months a few years ago. I was only 235 but was heavily involved in MA at the time so felt more comfortable about being able to handle myself. Was a lot of fun and the chick were so easy...too easy. I turned down far more than I took home. anyway, thant's how I met my fiance. Quit shortly after we got serious.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    I worked at a place in Albuquerque called tavern pub for a couple months working the door. I only weighed in at 195 at that time. Must be able to handle yourself. I only got in two scrapes but we had some really big guys there also. gotta have the skills man. ski a great winter. since I have been in NY got in a scrape with two marines
    and i still have the skills. ski a great winter and good luck

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I was around 205lbs when i bounced. But IMHO its not size, but how you handle yourself. The money was ok, but i made more money on the side letting under age chicks in with their dudes....If they were with other chicks or alone they got in free...
    What killed me was all the smoke from people smoking. YUK! I worked from 8 - 4am. By the time i got home it was after 5am. I slept all day and stayed up all night. Wasnt the best thing if you ask me....

OG

Quote Originally Posted by skiing
    I worked at a place in Albuquerque called tavern pub for a couple months working the door. I only weighed in at 195 at that time. Must be able to handle yourself. I only got in two scrapes but we had some really big guys there also. gotta have the skills man. ski a great winter. since I have been in NY got in a scrape with two marines
    and i still have the skills. ski a great winter and good luck
    Hahah I take it you like to ski eh?? And yea you have to be able to handle yourself!

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    I was around 205lbs when i bounced. But IMHO its not size, but how you handle yourself. The money was ok, but i made more money on the side letting under age chicks in with their dudes....If they were with other chicks or alone they got in free...
    What killed me was all the smoke from people smoking. YUK! I worked from 8 - 4am. By the time i got home it was after 5am. I slept all day and stayed up all night. Wasnt the best thing if you ask me....

OG
    OG, you got a serious case of roid gut going on there. You need to lay off the GH for a little while.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    OG, you got a serious case of roid gut going on there. You need to lay off the GH for a little while.
    Whud i do...lol

OG

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i only weigh 190 at 5'7" and been asked to bounce for places... it really isnt the overall size.. i got plenty of friends over 6" who tell me they wouldnt mess with me..

houseofpain is offline Banned
    200, i got a job at my wrestling coach's club. it was not very sweet, i hate drunks. everytime i come to visit he offers me a job. d@mn near 300 now, still dont wanna bounce.
    ~HOP

giant is offline Junior Member
    A couple years ago I bounced at a college bar before moving up to bartender. It's fun for a while before you get sick of working late all the time. Up side: drinking for free, tons of ass, lots of money. Down side: drink to much, bar groupies can get you in trouble.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    I was 265 when I started......
    I make a flat rate of 150 bucks plus food
    I hate bars now and have to be forced to go out by my friends.
    I hate drunk people....I can't even count how many times I have been called a Nigger by a drunk tough guy.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i just started in rice village....its ok but don't let the guys bs you about what you know....what you need to know is how to spot a situation BEFORE it starts....martial arts, judo, kung fu and all those other worthless crap mean **** when you got a 6'8" 350lb redneck TELLING YOU that he aint going anywhere....the cops had to use 3 pairs of cuffs on this guy, thats how thick he was....i would say a mature head an ability to difuse any altercations before they start is where bouncing will be fun

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    I can't even count how many times I have been called a Nigger by a drunk tough guy.

i'm sorry....trully....thats the kind of sh*t comes from very ignorant people

giant is offline Junior Member
    People don't understand that its your job and you have to be there 4 or 5 nights a week. To them its there night to go out and get ****ed up and act a fool. But when you've been there five nights in a row your on a different level than them. That's when your ready to snap on the next guy who acts cocky.

210 when I started at 17. Last gig I was 25 and 245. Loved it money was ok, but working the door brought down the duckets.....As well as selling some pharmaceuticals on the side..hehehe..... Lotsa bouncer groupies. Was a great gig when I was younger.
    The wanna be tough guys are pain...specially when they're drunk. Ya gotta have the right tude and skills or you can get in a world o hurt real quick.
    For a college job I give it a solid 8.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I just started couple weeks ago except i am at a lame ass punk rock club its pretty dumb a friend of a friend owns it but i get paid 100$ a night cash not to bad for a student

Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    I was 265 when I started......
    I make a flat rate of 150 bucks plus food
    I hate bars now and have to be forced to go out by my friends.
    I hate drunk people....I can't even count how many times I have been called a Nigger by a drunk tough guy.

If I was there when anyone called u the N word.. you woulda had to take me outta the bar too man! Hate that kinda thing in the bar, ppl always get so mouthy I have had a few words with ppl before about their racial slurs. I don't tolerate it at all

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Also im not that big i weigh 190 around 5'9

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    If I was there when anyone called u the N word.. you woulda had to take me outta the bar too man! Hate that kinda thing in the bar, ppl always get so mouthy I have had a few words with ppl before about their racial slurs. I don't tolerate it at all
    Yea my friends usually get a lot more angry thatn I do. I have been black my whole life.....I have heard Nigger more than once. I have thick skin it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was younger, I learned you can't fight everyone no matter how bad you want to. When I do hear it I don't want the word or the person using ot to have any power over me....if they can get to me that's like a form of power and I don't like anyone to have power over me.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    i'm sorry....trully....thats the kind of sh*t comes from very ignorant people
    Thanks bro, no worries

They usually say it when they are half way down the block anyway...real tough guys.

BDTR is offline Retired
    200, 230, 265, 310 back in the day.

The more i weighed, the more i would get payed being the establisments that hired me would be looking for someone more intimidating. I dont do that anymore though.

kahoona32 is offline New Member
    At the Totally Nude club that I work at part time, I am called a Floor Man. I get Minimum wage, but the Girls tip me at the End O the Night as well. I started when I was 225 lbs. It is a tough club and there is a team of 3 of us including the manager if needed.
    I don't like drunks or nerd perverts, who touch when told not too. They get Jacked. And I do mean alley jacked if you know what I mean.. We are security for the club. Citizen arrest etc. I am gettin too old for this stuff though..

Kahoona.
    PS.. I have learned not do do Fina and work the club. I take things way to personally... LOL

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Hahah I take it you like to ski eh?? And yea you have to be able to handle yourself!
    lOVE IT BRO. Was my life for many years the best years. ski a great winter

Thread Information