Thread: Nissan X-Trail

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Question Nissan X-Trail

Anyone know anything about the 2005 Nissan X-Trail? I am thinking of purchasing a good SUV for 30k and under but not sure about the 4 cyclinder 2.5 engine size of the X-Trail... its more for sh!tty roads then for towing anything...

Here are some pics - the one I am going with silver and fully loaded with a sun roof... about 30k...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nissan X-Trail-newcar-xtrail2005-front.jpg   Nissan X-Trail-newcar-xtrail2005-rear.jpg   Nissan X-Trail-new-xtrail2004-cockpit.jpg   Nissan X-Trail-new-xtrail2004-interior.jpg  

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why not an old cheeroke? I love those.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    get a pathfinder

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Nissans are great vehicles. Don't like that center gauge pod though.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Pretty cool, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Be Real is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Here are some pics - the one I am going with silver and fully loaded with a sun roof... about 30k...

looks like a cross between a lexus SUV and a montero sport

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I LOVED the two Durango's i had, but i hate the new body style.

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    I LOVED the two Durango's i had, but i hate the new body style.

OG
    I forgot about the Durango's - I drove one in Alaska and really liked it... hmm...

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I forgot about the Durango's - I drove one in Alaska and really liked it... hmm...
    Ya bro, i owned two of them. The only problem i had with one was the battery died. Other then that both were problem free. Def check them out bro! I just hate what they did to the new body style.

OG

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone know anything about the 2005 Nissan X-Trail? I am thinking of purchasing a good SUV for 30k and under but not sure about the 4 cyclinder 2.5 engine size of the X-Trail... its more for sh!tty roads then for towing anything...
    I'll be honest with you man.. Over priced and undersized!!! Def not worth the money! I would look at a pathfinder they are beautiful, or yea the Durango's are nice too!

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Buying a 4banger truck is like kissing your sister........

Get a dodge, or a GMC

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    Buying a 4banger truck is like kissing your sister........

Get a dodge, or a GMC
    agreed

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    I have an Xterra, 6cyl . I wouldnt recoment anything 4cyl personally, after having a 4 cyc s10 and honda. The Xterra has plenty of power and you could have a top of the line for less that 30k. Ie 6cyc supercharged

-Syn

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    stay with american built

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGB
    stay with american built
    Yep. Best SUV's build in America:-)

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    What about a Trailblazer or Explorer?? I would definitely recommend a v6 SUV, 4 cylinder is too small IMO

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    I have to say, american built SUV's arnt the best way to go If you were looking for a sports car maybe I guess. Look at imports as in there value a couple years down the road and problems that arise... Not many. I'm sure this will piss off some Domestic people. Yet I never had a SINGLE problem with my honda or nissan so far and thats 3years. Yet all my friends domestics have; which is sad to say are mustangs... Cobras, Bullets, and the regular GT's and they really take pride in their cars. Not to mention my buddies failing Cadilac.

-Syn

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    don't spend 30 gs on that man. Are you strictly looking for a new car? get a '02 or and '03 and you can get a tahoe, yukon or even an escalade. Are you looking for a smaller size truck in particular...cause the honda pilots and chevey/gmc trailblazers are ok Suv's too, and are a little smaller;save on gas.

Im trying to get a f-150 harley davidson....those are nice trucks as well and fast as hell at over 340 horses. They nice...look into them.

Don't get that x-trail. Does it go by another name in the states? doesn't look familiar

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    I think it is a pretty nice vehicle, but dollar for dollar I would probably go with something else. I'm kind of brainwashed to be a Ford man, so I would reccomend an Explorer. I do like the interior of the Nissan, though. Looks sharp and from a glance it seems as if everything is logically placed. The right hand drive is pretty cool, too.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    The armada is sweet..expensive but sweet.. nissans are good cars tho, not bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Syndicate
    I have to say, american built SUV's arnt the best way to go If you were looking for a sports car maybe I guess. Look at imports as in there value a couple years down the road and problems that arise... Not many. I'm sure this will piss off some Domestic people. Yet I never had a SINGLE problem with my honda or nissan so far and thats 3years. Yet all my friends domestics have; which is sad to say are mustangs... Cobras, Bullets, and the regular GT's and they really take pride in their cars. Not to mention my buddies failing Cadilac.

-Syn
    I have always supported American industry but part of my concerns is the resale value at the drop of a hat (not sure when I will have to resell it)... and unfortunately a lot of people in my area look toward Nissan and Toyota...

My girl is getting it financed at her bank... and I asked her about it last night and it sounds like she already finialized the deal at the dealership.... I can not get financed overseas - she can... too many people were taking loans for 30-50k and then disappearing... the banks are sick of getting fuked... she has the hook-up... at this point, I might be able to roll it over into a different Nissan if anything...

The reviews online show it to have a really high resale value and the 4 cyclinder 2.5L to be of some sort of revolutionary design... I don't know... its got a lot of toys inside it though... and it drove really well... gas consumption was never really a concern... since it's only $0.60 a gallon

marka is offline Associate Member
    if you are into small suvs like the xtrail, and have $30k budget, look into that small land rover............if I were you, I would get a new grand cherokee...the laredo model is about $30k.......thats a nice car

Thread Information