Ok REALLY important,,, need help on where to move for 4-8months

Ok I have decided to start school back in either the summer terms, or the fall term.. so that gives me 4 moths, or like 8 months..

I have about 30k in a life insurance thign from my mother, and I want the get the hell out of this town NOW. I would like to decide on something soon, but I want it to be thought out.

MY QUESTION IS: If you could move somewhere for a lil while (unless I like it so much, and could afford to live there and stay...). Where would you go, anywhere in the world, prefereable warm, and MAYBE a beach (but not a must). It could even be in the US.

Please help me out, I am very serious about this,, It would be a big choice in my life.

Right now, I have a few places in mind. I was thiknking Ireland, and maybe trying to be a pub tender or soemthing like that, travel around. Tibet, and see the culture and enviroment. or the south part of france, for no known reason.

I AM NOT GOING TO MOVE SOMEWHERE BECAUSE SO AND SO SAYS SO.

I am simple looking for any ideas, and reasons why.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Peace
    Alex

Also if you live in one of the countries recommended, If you could possibly let me knwo what a 1 bedroom apartment would run, plus the other expensives ( stuff that would need to be bought)....And if you coudl let me know about how easy it would be to get a fun job I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks
    Alex

Be Real is offline Banned
    dont goto europoe your 30K is worth about 50K there, I'd travel somewhere exotic like thailand or greece if i was gong to europoe or italy. I'd love to move to italy in the mountains and live there. Italy is expensive. Goto spain bro chicks are hot and spanish is kinda like english

California seems like a pretty cool place to live.

Darn bro... if you got a bit of money and are carefull with it hop on the next plane to Australia and find yourself a nice spot near a beach!

From there you are close to most of the Asian countries so you can go visit.

That would be my choice.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Darn bro... if you got a bit of money and are carefull with it hop on the next plane to Australia and find yourself a nice spot near a beach!

From there you are close to most of the Asian countries so you can go visit.

That would be my choice.

Red

1 things.. I dont have a ****load, just about 25-30k, and I dont know if that would be enough to settle down.

2. I would like to go back to school in the near future

Thanks
    alex

Well, other than a plane ticket I am sure you would be ok for 6-8 months in oz with less than a few thousands... you're not expecting the RITZ or the Hilton I hope... hostels and cheapo appartments all the way.

Also a cool thing about that place is that you can get a working-holidays student visa. That means you're allowed to get jobs to make living money while on your trip.

I guess it all depends on what your expectations are. Personally I've always travelled on the cheap. If you want a "big change" thats not too big (ie different culture but same language) that part of the world would get my vote.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Well, other than a plane ticket I am sure you would be ok for 6-8 months in oz with less than a few thousands... you're not expecting the RITZ or the Hilton I hope... hostels and cheapo appartments all the way.

Also a cool thing about that place is that you can get a working-holidays student visa. That means you're allowed to get jobs to make living money while on your trip.

I guess it all depends on what your expectations are. Personally I've always travelled on the cheap. If you want a "big change" thats not too big (ie different culture but same language) that part of the world would get my vote.

Red
    Ok thanks for the help man, I will look into it more, and try to find where I get the visa...

Still not sure, Because I would like to spend the least ammount of money as poss, and sitll enjoy it to the fulleset

Peace
    Alex

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Youth hostels are something to look at too .... cheap place to stay and they are all over Europe. Remember some countries require visas and work permits. To get a work permit might require sponsorship. Just make sure you do your research before you go.

Good luck and have fun.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Go to So-Cal

thats what id do. PA sucks in the winter, i want a summer place all year round.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    dont goto europoe your 30K is worth about 50K there, I'd travel somewhere exotic like thailand or greece if i was gong to europoe or italy. I'd love to move to italy in the mountains and live there. Italy is expensive. Goto spain bro chicks are hot and spanish is kinda like english
    1 €= 1,30$ 30.000 are not like 50.000 here. vice versa.

go to vietnam! it s really cheap and just great! u can heave a lot of fun without spending too much.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    Go to So-Cal

thats what id do. PA sucks in the winter, i want a summer place all year round.
    lol, its been between 40-50 degrees after about 4PM for a couple months or so, and yesterday was the first day in a week without rain. Its unusual though. Its expensive to live here, overpopulated, and traffic is a bitch. I still dont think Id rather live anywhere else tho. The summers at the beach make up for it all.

Thread Information