rambo is offline The Lord God

Anybody want to donate a digital camera to a Catholic mission in Brazil?

My aunt is a nun who is a missionary in Brazil. She's visiting the states right now, and she wanted to buy a digital camera for the activites she holds outside of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Nuns don't make much money, and the sponsorship she gets from the various organizations only designate money for certain things. Does anyone have an older, functioning digital cam with the cd, cables, etc, that they'd be willing to spare for poor Brazilian kids? I have the info of the mission if you care to see it. She's leaving in about 10 days, so if anyone has any interest, please tell me as soon as you can, otherwise, I'm going to starving-student charge card one for her. And that, if anything, makes baby Jesus cry.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    A worthy cause.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    A worthy cause.
    Holy hell, we agree on something!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Holy hell, we agree on something!
    Fcuk off...

(Ahhhhhhhh thats better)

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    bump

seanw is offline Banned
    Rambo, if you cant find a camera I am happy to donate $100 US to the cause if that helps

peump is offline Senior Member
    i have an extra dig cam yhat i dont use pm me and i can mail it to you

peump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Rambo, if you cant find a camera I am happy to donate $100 US to the cause if that helps

find more like seanw and you wont need a hand-me-down. you'll be able to get a brand new.

pm me if i can help

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    That is extremely generous of you, sean. Swellin and peump have also offered assitance, and I'm overwhelmed by you guys so far. God Bless.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Why is a digi camera that high up on the priority list on saving poor kids in brazil? Wouldn't the money be better spent on say... food, real shelter, clothing, medicine? In this day and age it seems luxuries are coming before necessities. I swear i'll turn on my tv tomorrow and see Sally Struthers petioning for an I-Pod for starving kids.

BDTR is offline Retired
    and im sorry if that came off as harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Why is a digi camera that high up on the priority list on saving poor kids in brazil? Wouldn't the money be better spent on say... food, real shelter, clothing, medicine? In this day and age it seems luxuries are coming before necessities. I swear i'll turn on my tv tomorrow and see Sally Struthers petioning for an I-Pod for starving kids.
    It's not a priority in terms of those things. Like I said in my original post, she gets money from the covennants in the states for things like medicine, shleter, clothes. And the way she gets the money is by taking pictures of the things they have done to improve life. I have two of her small booklets she made in the other room that show the progress her and the other missionaries have made.

The money she's granted covers the bare necessities, which is why I'm trying to find other ways to get her something that while it may not DIRECTLY put food in kids' mouths, is going to help her get more money for them in the future.

There's a reason I didn't say "Click here to save starving Brazilian bastard children", bdtr. This is something that's going to assist her in getting more grant money, and allow her to catalog what she's doing. She works her ass off and doesn't have a dime to her name, all in the name of what she believes in in. And while I'm by no means a person who does the same, I respect it. And so I'm trying to do whatever my broke ass can do to help her in some way.

BDTR is offline Retired
    oh ok, thats totally understandable. I was thinking the camera was for other purposes. Sorry for chiming in and goodluck on getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    oh ok, thats totally understandable. I was thinking the camera was for other purposes. Sorry for chiming in and goodluck on getting it.
    Hey, no problem, your concerns are definetely understandable. Thanks for the well wishing.

Eric888 is offline Junior Member
    My aunt is a nun who is a missionary in Brazil. She's visiting the states right now, and she wanted to buy a digital camera for the activites she holds outside of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Nuns don't make much money, and the sponsorship she gets from the various organizations only designate money for certain things. Does anyone have an older, functioning digital cam with the cd, cables, etc, that they'd be willing to spare for poor Brazilian kids? I have the info of the mission if you care to see it. She's leaving in about 10 days, so if anyone has any interest, please tell me as soon as you can, otherwise, I'm going to starving-student charge card one for her. And that, if anything, makes baby Jesus cry.
    Hi I will be glad to donate £ 50 GBP to help I also have 3 year old IBM Latop that we no longer use in the office perfect working order just send me the missions adress in Brasil and I will be glad to foward those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric888
    Hi I will be glad to donate £ 50 GBP to help I also have 3 year old IBM Latop that we no longer use in the office perfect working order just send me the missions adress in Brasil and I will be glad to foward those things.
    Amazing, thanks so very much!

Eric888 is offline Junior Member
    pleasure

seanw is offline Banned
    That is extremely generous of you, sean. Swellin and peump have also offered assitance, and I'm overwhelmed by you guys so far. God Bless.
    Done deal, just send me the bank account details.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'm willing to chip in Ram-Bro. PM me where you'd like for me to send the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    I'm willing to chip in Ram-Bro. PM me where you'd like for me to send the funds.
    Thanks Jug!

Again, I want to thank everyone who's expressing interest. And a special thank you to the AR member who has already donated, you know who you are, and your help is greatly appreciated .

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I've got a spare I'm not using.......Sony DSC something...nice camera...I'll donate it.......I have the cables and charger.....no disk though. Let me know......I was going to put in on e-bay but this saves the hassle

Thread Information