Thread: David Allen Coe

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

David Allen Coe

David Allen Coe, will be playing at the club, where I work as a bouncer, this Thursday night.

http://whiskeyriver.tv/site_news.htm

Has anyone here ever been to one of his concerts?

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    David Allen Coe, will be playing at the club, where I work as a bouncer, this Thursday night.

http://whiskeyriver.tv/site_news.htm

Has anyone here ever been to one of his concerts?
    No, but I like his music!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    No, but I like his music!

Me too, just haven't been to one of his concerts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    is he the racist guy they have on howard stern that sings the N word song? I know that guys name is David Allen something.
    That would be him.

Be Real is offline Banned
    That would be him.

Deleted my post cuase I thought it was Johnny Rebel once I looked it up on the net, but I guess there are two of them.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Me too, just haven't been to one of his concerts yet.
    Are you working the night of the concert? You know you can expect a $hit load of drunk rednecks!!

houseofpain is offline Banned
    yeah, i went to one of his concerts in melbourne, fl. it was crazy, i had free tickets.
    ~HOP

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    Are you working the night of the concert? You know you can expect a $hit load of drunk rednecks!!
    That is exactly what I am expecting,

However that shouldn't be very different from any other night...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I saw DAC and Merle Haggard down in Fla many years ago...great show...not many teeth or literate folks in the crowd. but lots of beer, trashy women! Good times!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Johnny rebel only actually had a few songs that should be creditted to his name, but anything racist/country has been.

David allen coe sings "my wife ran off with a nigger" while johnny rebel sings "who likes a nigger" and about 13 other songs all sounding the same. I do believe David Allen Coe has stopped that stuff though as of late for a more sensitive approach.

Just clearing up the different musicians, cus people confuse them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    Deleted my post cuase I thought it was Johnny Rebel once I looked it up on the net, but I guess there are two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Johnny rebel only actually had a few songs that should be creditted to his name, but anything racist/country has been.

David allen coe sings "my wife ran off with a nigger" while johnny rebel sings "who likes a nigger" and about 13 other songs all sounding the same. I do believe David Allen Coe has stopped that stuff though as of late for a more sensitive approach.

Just clearing up the different musicians, cus people confuse them all the time.
    Your right, it should be an interesting night.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    forget the old dude there's wet t-shirt comps on thursday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    forget the old dude there's wet t-shirt comps on thursday!!
    They can be very enjoyable...

Check out the Holloween 2004 pictures, some are very nice

decadbal is offline Banned
    he played at cowboys in keneesaw when i worked there.. it was awesome i sat backstage and drank a few beers hes an outlaw, my uncle is to, so we bullshiited about that, and he got hammered and could barely play.. great memory

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    David Allen Coe rules!!!, well he's pretty cool.

They can be very enjoyable...

Check out the Holloween 2004 pictures, some are very nice
    So which ones have you tried it on with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails David Allen Coe-ken1%2520010.jpg  

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Old DAC is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    So which ones have you tried it on with

Well, seeing as I am engaged, I can only state that the girl in the middle dressed in the leathers, Jennifer, is very wild......

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i like him ive seen him once at the race track (horse track) and i enjoyed it it just sucks u wont be able to get a lil tipsy LOL have fun

The Concert was last night.

I am not sure if you heard about what happened several weeks ago, but while playing with Damageplan Dime Bag Darrel (formerly of Pantera) was killed.

AP News COLUMBUS, Ohio - A gunman charged onstage at a packed nightclub and opened fire on the band and crowd, killing top heavy metal guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and three other people before a police officer shot him to death, authorities and witnesses said.
    Dime Bag was a close friend of David Allen Coe, and ever since Dime Bag’s death, Mr. Coe has been very security conscious.

We roped off a 6’ barrier in front of the stage, and positioned security on both sides of the stage; he would not allow security in front of the stage. During the show, he at one point, he stopped playing, pointed to a guy, in front of the stage and told us to “Make that Mother F@#$er sit down”, ……classic

I ended up working stage left, and everything went pretty well, other than the one gentleman. Mr. Coe is really showing his age, and played all but one song, sitting on a stool. He sang many of his hits, none of his dirty material, and some of his new stuff that he has been working on with Kid Rock.

There was only one fight, two young guys, had a go in the bathroom.

So, all and all, it was a much better night, than the last time he played at the Whisky River, when there where 22 different fights, we couldn’t throw them out fast enough..

With not much happening, and most of the crowd leaving, I was able to leave early. I got home around 1:30am and had to get up for my day job at 4:30am, I am really starting to feel it…..

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    The Concert was last night.

I am not sure if you heard about what happened several weeks ago, but while playing with Damageplan Dime Bag Darrel (formerly of Pantera) was killed.

Dime Bag was a close friend of David Allen Coe, and ever since Dime Bag’s death, Mr. Coe has been very security conscious.

We roped off a 6’ barrier in front of the stage, and positioned security on both sides of the stage; he would not allow security in front of the stage. During the show, he at one point, he stopped playing, pointed to a guy, in front of the stage and told us to “Make that Mother F@#$er sit down”, ……classic

I ended up working stage left, and everything went pretty well, other than the one gentleman. Mr. Coe is really showing his age, and played all but one song, sitting on a stool. He sang many of his hits, none of his dirty material, and some of his new stuff that he has been working on with Kid Rock.

There was only one fight, two young guys, had a go in the bathroom.

So, all and all, it was a much better night, than the last time he played at the Whisky River, when there where 22 different fights, we couldn’t throw them out fast enough..

With not much happening, and most of the crowd leaving, I was able to leave early. I got home around 1:30am and had to get up for my day job at 4:30am, I am really starting to feel it…..

awesome!! i saw him a few years ago in wilmington, nc and he sang the dirty racist ****.. it was funny as hell!! one of my boys is black and he was in shock at first then he just started laughing.. coe saw him in the crowd and winked at him. i dont know if that was the wink of " i am going to kill you" or "its alright mr black man i am just singing a song" funny **** guys, i would go again!

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    awesome!! i saw him a few years ago in wilmington, nc and he sang the dirty racist ****.. it was funny as hell!! one of my boys is black and he was in shock at first then he just started laughing.. coe saw him in the crowd and winked at him. i dont know if that was the wink of " i am going to kill you" or "its alright mr black man i am just singing a song" funny **** guys, i would go again!

I really enjoyed getting to see him live.

I really enjoyed getting to see him live.
    yeah i did too, he wont be around too much longer.. he looking rough as hell! i thought he was going to croak on stage a few years ago.. i think the man has done more drugs than keith richards!( for those of you that dont know who keith richards is. then you are a dumb ass!!)

yeah i did too, he wont be around too much longer.. he looking rough as hell! i thought he was going to croak on stage a few years ago.. i think the man has done more drugs than keith richards!( for those of you that dont know who keith richards is. then you are a dumb ass!!)
    Yep, he was looking pretty rough,

It was funny, during his set, you know how some singers will keep water or beer to drink, well Mr. Coe prefers to have a large bottle of Jack Daniels. He hit that bottle, very hard several times during his set.

Yep, he was looking pretty rough,

It was funny, during his set, you know how some singers will keep water or beer to drink, well Mr. Coe prefers to have a large bottle of Jack Daniels. He hit that bottle, very hard several times during his set.
    hahaha yeah he had killed a whole fifth of jack in wilm. i almost forgot about that. by the end of the show he staggered a little and started cussing more and more hahahaha then he really broke out into the racist ****

hahaha yeah he had killed a whole fifth of jack in wilm. i almost forgot about that. by the end of the show he staggered a little and started cussing more and more hahahaha then he really broke out into the racist ****
    Yep, he was mumbling at the end last night

Hell, I hope I am doing that good, when I'm 65

Yep, he was mumbling at the end last night

Hell, I hope I am doing that good, when I'm 65
    holy **** he is only 65?? haha he looks like a 105!! he does drink that **** like its his job!!

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    david allen coe is really cool. i didn't know that you were a bouncer at the river.... i have been up there a few times and it is pretty cool. i like to get in those cages beside the stage and grind with hot chicks. i have even been bounced out of there once but by your avatar i dont think it was you......small world.....

Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    david allen coe is really cool. i didn't know that you were a bouncer at the river.... i have been up there a few times and it is pretty cool. i like to get in those cages beside the stage and grind with hot chicks. i have even been bounced out of there once but by your avatar i dont think it was you......small world.....

Indeed,

That sounds like a typical night for most at the River.

Who knows, I toss my share out the door....

decadbal is offline Banned
    well ive drank beer with him..so ha

dont feel so proud ive also been bounced out of south beach too...........do you know a guy from south beach named big country?

dont feel so proud ive also been bounced out of south beach too...........do you know a guy from south beach named big country?

Yep,

Big Country is my boy,

Tell him that you met his father,

next time i am up there i might look out for you....

next time i am up there i might look out for you....
    You should.......

Thread Information