OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

personal XM satellite radio

Hey bros, have any of you seen this...? Looks pretty cool! I think i might have gotten one of these over my ipod....KNowing me i still might get it...

http://shopdelphi.com/products/consumers/myfi/

OG

Be Real is offline Banned
    wait till sirius comes out with theirs so you can listen to howard stern

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    its nice but you should take a look at their channels that XM offers.. make sure they have a couple that you think you would like "Everything" that channel plays. otherwise it will be useless to spend 10 bucks a month. I dont think id personally care to listen to howard stern while i workout but the last i knew Sirius is commercial free and XM isnt...

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    its nice but you should take a look at their channels that XM offers.. make sure they have a couple that you think you would like "Everything" that channel plays. otherwise it will be useless to spend 10 bucks a month. I dont think id personally care to listen to howard stern while i workout but the last i knew Sirius is commercial free and XM isnt...
    I hearya bro. One of my buddies has XM in his SUV. We always make him turn on the comedy channel when we go to lunch. Cant say iv listened to many of the music stations. Im sure i could find something i like...?

OG

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea, still line of sight dependent.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    I had xm in my car about 2 years ago... to be honest i wasnt to impressed.. ya the comedy channel and some sports were decent but at the time the playlist was weak.. it was like the radio. they played the "newest" songs at least once an hour plus threw in a couple good older songs..go to like a best buy and browse through the channels or ask you friend..

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sirus is the best

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    I had xm in my car about 2 years ago... to be honest i wasnt to impressed.. ya the comedy channel and some sports were decent but at the time the playlist was weak.. it was like the radio. they played the "newest" songs at least once an hour plus threw in a couple good older songs..go to like a best buy and browse through the channels or ask you friend..

Cool bro thxs for the info. If i do decide to buy it i'll check the stations first...

OG

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I have XM radio in my SUV and hardly ever listen to the radio or my CD's anymore. I bought my budy the Sirius radio for his vehicle and he loves that as well (he's a Stern fan)........ so I guess you need to see what the two have to offer you in programing.

I just got the new SkiFy2 XM installed in my car, and it is awesome. You can pause the song, and play back up to 30miutes of music. So that kicks ass if a song you really like comes on. I can listen to about 15 channels all day, they all have awesome playlist, and they dont play the same stuff all the time like the **** radio. But I just listen to music, not a big talk show fan so who knows

Peace
    Alex

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    My truck i used to own before i bought my camaro was rigged up as an XM demo vehicle. I was one of the first to own it and i just had to show people XM and what it was about. Tell you what, i dropped that crap. Line of sight dependent (meaning like filling up at the gas station under the roof, going under bridges, thick trees, etc, it doesnt work), the sound quality, although better, was quieter so i had to run my amps at a higher load just to get equal volume from XM to FM, and the music wasnt great. I listened to the boneyard all the time, and thats about it. All the other channels sucked.

I dont know how Sirius was, but XM was quite dissapointing.......but it is cool to just say you have it.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Sirus is the best

I agree 100%...Sirius is the BEST...I have Sirius in my ride and my parents have XM in theirs...so I have compared the 2 several times........go with Sirius bro...and not just because of Howard Stern....Sirius is just better

Thread Information