Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight! Crazy

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    People need to see through this marketting ploy, all he is a sideshow.
    Yup.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    From the pictures and interview it looks like Kimbo gave Gannon all he could handle.

OG

BDTR is offline Retired
    But if he wasn't a big ass ghetto brawler, no one would look twice. Put him on the street with gannon and gannon would have him gasping for air and pleading for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    From the pictures and interview it looks like Kimbo gave Gannon all he could handle.

OG

But if he wasn't a big ass ghetto brawler, no one would look twice. Put him on the street with gannon and gannon would have him gasping for air and pleading for his life.
    Ya but dont forget Gannon is a pro and probably trains everyday. And although Kimbo is considered a pro since he is fighting for money im willing to bet he doesnt train a qtr as much as Gannon does. I bet his training is smokin blunts and drinking 40's....lol

OG

mass junkie is offline banned
    Gannon wont win the rematch...

Kimbo is about 25 lbs heavier

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    I just watched the fight ... i wouldnt say it was a draw because SLICE was on the ground like 3 times for more than 20 seconds every time

Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    I just watched the fight ... i wouldnt say it was a draw because SLICE was on the ground like 3 times for more than 20 seconds every time
    Im not arguing withya bro, but if you read the interview people were saying Kimbo was winning and only lost because he was choked out.....Just sayin...

OG

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Ive heard when Kimbo fights hes jacked up on PCP amongst other things. Regardless Gannons skill can not be compared. Skill > Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Ive heard when Kimbo fights hes jacked up on PCP amongst other things. Regardless Gannons skill can not be compared. Skill > Strength.
    Thats what street fighting is all about...lol

OG

and how is it a marketing ploy..

when you fight....you either win or lose..

If he sucks so bad bdtr than why dont you fight em...

oh thats right fruit dont puch back

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i have some questions about how these guys fight, i know nothing about street fighting but from what i see they could really improve...

1. why do they put all their power in their first punch? thats wrong, first punch will be defended, second punch is harder to defend, the third punch in a combo is the one you put your power into. thats why tyson was so badass....he would shuffle into you with a jab, then make you duck with a left hook and then POW! uppercut lays you out, even though you knew it was coming.

2. they are throwing haymakers, haymakers that are making them fall down, is that normal? i thought in street fighting you could whoop his ass on the ground or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    i have some questions about how these guys fight, i know nothing about street fighting but from what i see they could really improve...

1. why do they put all their power in their first punch? thats wrong, first punch will be defended, second punch is harder to defend, the third punch in a combo is the one you put your power into. thats why tyson was so badass....he would shuffle into you with a jab, then make you duck with a left hook and then POW! uppercut lays you out, even though you knew it was coming.

2. they are throwing haymakers, haymakers that are making them fall down, is that normal? i thought in street fighting you could whoop his ass on the ground or wherever.
    Kimbo is just a brawler with an uneducated punch...nothing more

Im not arguing withya bro, but if you read the interview people were saying Kimbo was winning and only lost because he was choked out.....Just sayin...

OG
    ya i know your not arguing.. it was just an opinion , but i honestly didnt have any knowledge except the fight

so ya your probabaly right.. they were both kinda just swinging back and forth for a while.. its very hard to say who won

7/23/2004

Interview with Kimbo Slice: Miami Street Fighting Legend

By A.I.

1. Kimbo are you a boxing fan? If so, who are your favorite fighters now and of all-time?

Yes, I’m a boxing fan. I watch it from time to time. My all-time favorites are Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson.

2. You are a big guy, exactly how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I’m roughly 6’3, 240 pounds.

3. Have you ever lost a fight underground? What is your record if you know?

I’ve lost my share in the pen. I don’t keep track but I’ve won much more than I’ve lost. Since I was released almost one year ago, I’ve gone 9-1. My only loss was to a punk that brought mace to the dance. I was kicking his ass and he used the mace as I went in for the kill. I accept the loss. I’m a man. Before the fight we said no weapons but we didn’t say no mace. He regretted doing that. I knocked him out within ten seconds in our rematch and pounded on him five more times for insurance. He lost all his front teeth but we’re good friends now. It’s about respect.

4. What tools do you posess and what tools are you working on that you think will make you a professional threat?

I’ve got a powerful left hook and a lot of intensity. The intensity comes from the anger within. The establishment took ten years of my life and now I’m gonna take it back.

5. Are you in training right now to polish your boxing skills and if so how is that going?

I recently started training at a local gym here in Miami. I’m working on my conditioning and defense. I feel I done created a great offense from my days in the pen. That was Education 101.

6. Can you make noise in the heavyweight division? How long will it take?

That’s what my trainers think. They say the division is open and I might as well take a crack at it. We’ll see what happens. I’ll probably only need about ten pro fights before I’m ready to knock all them fools out.

7. Can you tell us about your time spent incarcerated and if that would pose a problem getting you licensed in any state professionally?

I was incarcerated for some bull**** I didn’t do. Let’s leave it at that. I hope my past don’t come back to haunt me. This nigga gotta keep eatin.

8. Alot of people who will watch the tape of one of your fights will say you are an ultimate fighter not a boxer and that your a freak show not worth our time, what would you like to say to them?

I am a freak and that’s why people should pay to see me. I don’t box and do that pansy boy @#%$. I like to run this like Iron Mike.

9. Are there any plans for you to fight professionaly against a specific opponent any time soon?

We’re working on getting me licensed here in Miami. I might turn pro within a few months.

10. Do you want to be a champion or a freak puncher just to make some money? How commited are you to becoming a complete boxer?

I’m 32 years old dawg. I gots to make the dough to support myself and my disabled moms. God bless her soul. I live to bleed for that woman. I want to go as far as my power will take me.

11. How long will it take you after turning pro to become a good slugger-boxer and become a championship level fighter?

I have a lot of respect for the game. I know many of these fighters have been putting in their work for years. But they ain’t never been in the pen as long as I have. I have skills you can’t learn on the outside. I feel I’ll be ready for anyone within ten fights.

12. What would you like to say to our readers and hopefully your future fans?

I’d like to thank everyone who has sent me emails. If you liked what you saw in that short clip, come out and support me when I turn pro. I’m ready to run this. I’m out.

Id like to thank Marcos Rivera for setting up this interview

OG

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Kimbo is just a brawler with an uneducated punch...nothing more

yeah thats what it looks like, don't get me wrong i wouldn't want to mess with either one but with a little gym time and a good trainer they could have alot more than a strong punch

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    yeah thats what it looks like, don't get me wrong i wouldn't want to mess with either one but with a little gym time and a good trainer they could have alot more than a strong punch
    ya i dont think he has very good endurance either(dont get me wrong ..i know fighting is tiring as sh1t) so i guess thats y he has to be all drugged up

OK i just watched the fight and IMHO Kimbo was winning and only lost because he ran out of gas...

http://****net.com/images/kimbowned.wmv

OG
    Last edited by OGPackin; 01-18-2005 at 03:15 PM.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    That was crazy. He took those punches like nothing.

BDTR was wrong though, is quite a hansome fellow.
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 01-18-2005 at 03:16 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    The same reason i wont hit a gay guy. That and well, he's repulsive.

and how is it a marketing ploy..

when you fight....you either win or lose..

If he sucks so bad bdtr than why dont you fight em...

oh thats right fruit dont puch back

Kimbo has his own forum...lol

http://p214.ezboard.com/bkimbosliceforum

OG

Kimbo has his own forum...lol

http://p214.ezboard.com/bkimbosliceforum

OG
    and you just had to join huh?

get him to join AR

BDTR is offline Retired
    I read somewhere that that wasn't even his real page. Im not sure though.

I read somewhere that that wasn't even his real page. Im not sure though.
    Actually i dont think its really owned by him. Probably one of his crew...But i believe you talking about an interview he supposably did, but it wasnt him...

OG

BDTR is offline Retired
    Maybe, i cant remember to be honest as it was a while ago when he first started getting popular.

Here's what Gannon had to say after the fight...

OG

From Gannon The Cannon himself:

back from the hospital, thanks for your support
    hi everybody, i'm just got back from the hospital, was reading the threads, am touched by the support i've gotten from so many people.

would like to clarify a few points - i don't like being accused of being a cheater, especially by people who don't have a clue what the rules actually were. we originally wanted a no rules match, but kimbos people demanded special rules to protect their fighter. we wrote a (very) short list of rules and both parties signed off on it prior to the fight. they asked for no groundwork and this was agreed to. we never agreed to no submissions, and we can't be held responsible if his team was so ignorant of our sport that they didn't realize you could do submissions standing. same with knees. they asked for no kicks and we agreed. kicks were clearly defined as "striking with any part of the shin or foot". knee strikes were completely legal. i followed the rules to the letter, but kimbos team violated them repeatedly.

www.sherdog.net/forums/sh...p?t=216603

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    you're right, kimbo completely dominated that fight. except for the parts where gannon would hit him and he would fall down and not move for 20 - 30 seconds at a time. now thats DOMINATION!

it's not how you start it's how you finish

HA! With "MMA" in your avatar i see you have an unbias view of the fight...

OG

MMA you are obviously taking this waaaaaaaay to personal! I could careless about either of them. I watched the video and IMHO Kimbo was winning till he ran out of gas.(period)

OG

sorry if i'm taking it personal, i used to train with gannon, and i was AT that fight. in person it was the craziest thing you've ever seen.

people keep putting gannon down, and he doesn't look pretty, but i've seen him beat so many good fighters over the years. he was recently signed to a 3 fight deal by the UFC, so he must be doing something right.

Ahhhh no wonder...lol Im not taking anything away from Gannon. He won the fight the way it was setup. But i think your not giving Kimbo the respect he deserves. The guy is a street fighter. He trains with blunts and 40'z. Where Gannon is a pro and probably trains everyday. Thats all im saying....

OG

i see your point, and kimbo is probably a lot more talented than gannon. but talent is a dime a dozen compared to desire, dedication and discipline. gannon has his own distractions...he works 50-60 hours a week and has a family to support. but he always makes it to the gym, no matter how tired he is.
    someone beating a more talented athlete through hard work and determination just makes the story better for me.

and like i said, the interview where kimbo states he's just a streetfighter was shown to be a hoax a long time ago. untrained fighted rarely lead off with a jab, throw straight punches, or bob, weave and counter with the left hook (the "eyepopper" from the first video).

also, they were fighting by kimbos rules, and gannon wasn't allowed to use most of what he trains.

Your also making my point for me... (see bold)

I guess you didnt read all my posts. I said the interview and forum werent legit, although the forum is someone from his crew.

I found this post by Gannon...His own words...

OG

Originally Posted by Zen Machine
    How do you rate Kimbo as a boxer and as a brawler big man? Could he be dangerous if he trained right?

GannonTheCannon
    Professional Fighter
    he is very dangerous right now. people have questioned my boxing credentails, but the fact is i've won the gloves 6 times in a row, all open class, never novice. for those that say i came from a "soft area", my region actually had the toughest super-heavyweight division in the country, producing 2 out of 3 of our last olympians (clay-bey and estada), and a very good national champion in between. i also beat the new york champion while winning the Northeast Regional Championship in Lake Placid in '99. people have always that i didn't look good and could never beat so and so, but i never listened, and kept on beating people that were supposed to beat me. i have a classic southpaw "spoiler" style that doesn't look impressive, but the proof is in the pudding...i've won championship after chammpionship. i've fought national champions (US and Russian) and an olympian (estrada), and had competitive fights. i thought that there is no way a guy like kimbo is going to be as good as me. i was wrong, the guy had great boxing skills, he was every bit as good as the national champions i had fought. b4 people get there panties in a bunch, i'm not an armchair strategist, i'm speaking from direct experience, having fought these men, he was that good.

another note for people who don't know boxing, when a fighter uses body punches to weaken an opponent, it's called effective stategy, not kimbo just "gassing out". and the winner of the fight is the guy with his hand in the air, not the guy lying on the ground. i beat him once, with all the rules stacked in his favor, and would gladly fight him again by MY rules (no rules).

MOre from Gannon...

OG

Originally Posted by GannonTheCannon
    he was actually right on the money. kimbo was good, but from watching the tape, it was obvious it wasn't anything i hadn't seen b4. the guy was the equivalent of a very good amateur/journeyman pro boxer, with a ferocious attitude, but nothing i hadn't dealt with b4

i actually expected my MA skills to put me over the top, but he had great streetfighting skills to counter them.

Man im finding good ****...lol

OG

injury report - hands swollen but not broken. the welt on my head went down quickly...unfortunately, it went down into my eye area, completely swelling it shut. nose is broken...was surprised, didn't even feel it. other than that i'm fine.

Originally Posted by PeteSpratNo1Fan
    Say gannon, How would you think Tank Abbot would have done in your position the night you fought kimbo? who do you think would have won? abbot or kimbo?

kimbo has better hands (this is coming from a very experienced boxer), but i'm not sure how he would deal with the tank GnP. in a pure standup fight kimbo would beat him. i've had good fights with natonal champions (?US and russia) and olympian (estrada), and kimbo fights at that level. no joke. coming from someone who KNOWS, someone who has actually fought these men

OG

It really is possible to punch somebody's eye out of thier socket, I've heard about this before. Does anybody know what kind of purse the fights were for?

thats how he is. you see him fight and he dooesn't look that good, then you spar him and it's a whole different ballgame. he does a lot of subtle things that shuts down his opponents game.

dana white at the UFC recognizes what he can do, thats why he signed him to a 3 fight deal. good to see him finally getting some recoginition.
    Ya bro, from the stuff im reading from him he seems like a real down to earth guy.... On the forum he's trying to get people to push a fight between him and sapp...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    It really is possible to punch somebody's eye out of thier socket, I've heard about this before. Does anybody know what kind of purse the fights were for?
    The Gannon/Kimbo fight was a "sparring match" and according to Gannon they both got ZIP....Not sure i totally believe that...

OG

Kimbo wont fight for less than 3 grand per match..

and I highly doubt that anybody "sparr's" to the point of a totally bloody face

Kimbo wont fight for less than 3 grand per match..

and I highly doubt that anybody "sparr's" to the point of a totally bloody face

Gannons words bro...It was a "sparring match" and if they fought for money it would have been illegal....He even said that people who watched the video for free should send some money to Kimbo....lol And like i said, i dont believe they fought for free....

OG

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Anteros
    again, not denying the fight was real...I know who he is, as i also mentioned him and his little white buddy head a porn site, which you already know since u named a couple others urself....their entertainment providing is one of the reasons why i think the eye popping thing is REALLY fake...but mainly its the fact that its nearly impossible for an eye to pop out from a punch, and for him not to be screaming in agony if it happened.....my.02
    Believe it or not i saw first hand, a guy get his eye popped out of his socket by a punch to the head this weekend. He got jumped by all these dudes and one of em sucker punched him when he got up.......POP. but he was lik "fu(k, fu(k, fu(k, my eye" He didnt cry in agony but, he also made more noise than that dude in the video. dude was 20

chest6 is offline Banned
    this thread is old as hell

The first shot is the one that knocked his eye out of socket, that shot landed HARD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information