Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Need advice on bullet proof vest

I've received death threats recently, and have reported to authorities... but I am thinking that in light of all the shootings and stabbings recently I want to get a bulletproof kevlar vest that's also stab resistant for when I go out to clubs, etc....

anybody own one? how comfortable and concealable are they, and how much roughly do they run?

Thanks for any input.

decadbal is offline Banned
    last time i checks a galls.. they start around 600 maybe, and go up to 1500 and more.. i think your tryin to be like fiddy..LOL if your that scared bro. dont go out, im not flaming im being serious if he worries you enough to make u wear a vest, i know if i wanted to pop someone, it would be in the face.. so what good is the vest then anyway...

vettewreck is offline Banned
    what the hell did you do to make someone want to kill you???!!!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Loyd- "What if he shot you in the face"?
    Harry- "Ya, what if he shot me in the face"?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    lmao!
    yeah Polska why do you need a vest? then is that you in your avatar?
    what are you specail or something?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe owning a bullet proof vest is illegal unless your in law enforcement...Im not 100% on that, but im pretty sure.

OG

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    I believe owning a bullet proof vest is illegal unless your in law enforcement...Im not 100% on that, but im pretty sure.

OG
    I always wondered why it's illegal in the states. You have guns but no protection against them? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    I always wondered why it's illegal in the states. You have guns but no protection against them? WTF?
    they arnt illegal

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Pac always wore 1...well i guess not ALWAYS..

Yeah I know they're not illegal in most states, but just not sure about Canada.
    I have no idea why something like this would be made illegal.....

yeah they're useless when it comes to a head wound, but I'm looking more for knife protection. Stabbings are more common here than shootings.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Pac always wore 1...well i guess not ALWAYS..
    Not the night of his shooting atleast...

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    Polska, your location says your in ontario canada, if your in the toronto area i'm sure you can pick up a kevlar vest on yonge street at one of those army surplus stores.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Man how bad has L.dot got these dayz?

jonnytour is offline Member
    Polska...gimme a pm. Or add me to your MSN Messenger. I'll see what I can do for you.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    www.galls.com

browse there, they have lots of stuff

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    they arnt illegal

Yup... Look Deca has a big pink one in his avatar!.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Yup... Look Deca has a big pink one in his avatar!.
    and no man made weapon can penetrate its supreme power. its the opposite of bouncers ass... as in only a man can penetrate it..LOL

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    I believe theres a brand called SecondChance or something like that who makes good ones. It cant hurt man, just make sure its bullit AND stab proof. Plenty of people wear em, esp. celebs, like the other day i saw some show where 50cent was on stage and took off his jersey for someone and he had a vest on under it.....

seanw is offline Banned
    So come on Polska, what did you do to make somebody want to kill you ? We are all dying to know (no pun intended).

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    knives will go right through bullet proof vests.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    and no man made weapon can penetrate its supreme power. its the opposite of bouncers ass... as in only a man can penetrate it..LOL

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    So come on Polska, what did you do to make somebody want to kill you ? We are all dying to know (no pun intended).
    For reasons I dont want to get into someone has a score to settle with me. He deserved what was coming to him and now he wants retribution even though he was the one originally in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    knives will go right through bullet proof vests.
    Any vest? I know there are different levels of vests. I figured if it can stop a bullet wouldn't it stop a blade?

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    A bulletproof vest is not "stab-proof". it may absorb some impact, but they are different vests in most cases, unless you want a tortise shell. A good plate will deflect a knife, and most concealable vests have a pouch in front and back for a small plate.

Go to a local police outfitter and get measured. You will spend 800-1200 for a good vest.

Stab vests are mainly used by prison guards, and tend to be more constrictive.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    Any vest? I know there are different levels of vests. I figured if it can stop a bullet wouldn't it stop a blade?
    nope, it wont stop a blade it stops impact from a bullet. anything that is sharpe will go right thru. if u get one make sure u get a good one. i used to roll around with one on for a while b4. its a good one with adjustable starps to make it bigger and it can go thru metal detectors so it was perfect. but like deca said if i wanted to get some one i would aim for the head but i figured better b safe than sorry and hope if it happens its in the chest/stomach. i paid $800can for mine. it also has a plate around the heart area.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    God that's a good movie

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Yea, stab vests will be more, and im not positive on if you can get both combined.

I know that the vest i wore for my job was heavy as ****, and really friggin hot, so you may just want to resolve the issue instead of dropping the money. They really do suck to wear......

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    To answer your question.....the one I wear is bulky and I hate it...but I like the alternative less!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

the one i have isnt bulky at all and its not too bad to wear around. like cb said better than the alternative!

3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    the one i have isnt bulky at all and its not too bad to wear around. like cb said better than the alternative!
    What I have is Dept issue and it's a mans vest so parts of me don't fit in there properly...ya know what I mean?

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    my friends dad is a cop in the T.dot .. sometimes he steals his vests and **** when his dad is off duty. his vest is thin light, stab proff and bullet proff. no plate either? its pretty flexible. cost a **** load though.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    What I have is Dept issue and it's a mans vest so parts of me don't fit in there properly...ya know what I mean?
    ya true, i c how that wouldnt b very comfortable. mine is supposedly top of the line shlt but who knows-everyone says that bout there shlt. im hoping i wont need it again anyways.

Well, since it's dept issue and Im a reserve...you know Im not wearing top of the line. I'll just be happy if it stops the bullet. I hope it never gets tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Well, since it's dept issue and Im a reserve...you know Im not wearing top of the line. I'll just be happy if it stops the bullet. I hope it never gets tested.
    LOL... yup thats all that matters! couple broken ribs is better than a hole in the chest!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    FBI Agent: "Well, that was a risk we were willing to take." :spudniklu

cjp85 is offline Member
    If people are threatening you, you should probably avoid the clubs for a while, beats having to wear body armor. Too bad the only people that have guns in Canada are police and criminals; it's nice how you have the right to defend yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information