BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Any cat lovers here ?

My daughter is looking for a kitten. We had two cats before I started my lastest campaign to rule the world (UNIFIL, Lebanon 2000-2001 !!!) but on my return they some how had gone A.W.O.L. (damn wife). But when I got them I didn't know a whole lot about cats.
    So I'm looking for info as to which type to get and is it worth paying the extra to get one from a reputable cat breeder, would it be trained etc. I don't want to ring up people and sound ignorant on the telephone. So male or female ?, any info at all guys would be appricated ?.

Bouncer

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Cats are MURDERERS...they are the most selfish animal on the planet......Get her a small fish (ATLEAST YOU KNOW WERE IT US)

Nico is offline Associate Member
    As long as you get the kitten when its young. I have two cats. I love them. But make sure you get it fixxed. Because when they get horny it can get very annoying. It is almost impossible to keep them in the house when they are horny. You wont be able to sleep cause the noises they make will make you and your family go crazy. As for breeds, it really doesnt matter IMO. Just have your daughter pick any cute little kitten. IMO male are friendlier. And as long as you never really introduce the kitten to the outdoors they wont want to go out.

Jenna is offline Female Member

Re: Any cat lovers here ?

Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    My daughter is looking for a kitten. We had two cats before I started my lastest campaign to rule the world (UNIFIL, Lebanon 2000-2001 !!!) but on my return they some how had gone A.W.O.L. (damn wife). But when I got them I didn't know a whole lot about cats.
    So I'm looking for info as to which type to get and is it worth paying the extra to get one from a reputable cat breeder, would it be trained etc. I don't want to ring up people and sound ignorant on the telephone. So male or female ?, any info at all guys would be appricated ?.

Bouncer
    Get a puppy!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm not a big cat fan, but there are a couple things you should look for. First, there are kittens everywhere, no need to pay for one. Get them young and handle them as much as possible. There is a critical age that they must be handled, or they will never become "lap" cats. Get it fixed for sure, as there are way too many kittens out there. I'd go with a male cat, as that time of the month is no fun.... Ask Dr. Evil, I think he's a vet

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Nice advise Bexsome, I might get her a great white shark. I'd hate to have a killer in the house.

Bouncer

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by bexsome
    ...they are the most selfish animal on the planet......
    Nope...human beings are!!

I have 4 cats...2 of them were bought from a reputable dealer and two were rescued. One was a stray who jumped into Robertas car one icy February evening 4 years ago (she was starving and freezing cold), and one was adopted from the SPCA. Adopting is a good idea IMO as you not only find a pet that has been immunized (and in some cases spayed) but you rescue an animal from the possibilty of euthenasia.

I love dogs as well, but I guess I could be considered a cat lover.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Bouncer, don't go with a great white shark. To unpredictable. Go with a female Pit Bull Terrier. I've got one named Presto. The most loyal dog in the world. And able to protect the house quite well also. Also capable of destroying larger belligerent dogs like this Great Dane at Laurel Park in L.A. which had mauled and hurt several dogs in the park, and the owner was this prick who never apologized or offered help to the peoples whose dogs his great dane mauled. Well, after his dog tried to hump my dog several times I walked over to the prick and told him there was about to be a problem if he didn't make his dog stop. The guy told me "whats wrong, afraid my dog's gonna hurt yours." My pit bull is built like a tank, weighs 85lbs, and does juice with me(J/k). Obviously this prick didn't no shit about dogs. I was gonna leave but a couple people stopped me and said why don't you stay, if anybody needs or deserves to be taught a lesson its this prick. Well you know what happenned. They got in a fight and my pit bull went ballistic and almost killed his dog. I cut every finger on my hand trying to pry the jaws of my dog off his dogs neck. His dog made it but was really messed up. The funny, and sad thing is many people in the park were congratulating me after the prick made it to the car with his dog. They said nobody deserved it more than him. I know this is way off the thread but I had to share this story.

I have several cats at my house, if you get a male, make sure you fix him unless you like the smell of cat piss, and there great. They also get along great with my pit bull. I've always liked siamese cats, had several, but if you want to spend a lot get a persian cat. Very exotic and very expensive. Best of luck Bouncer. A cat would make a great pet.IMO
    Last edited by FRANK WHITE; 03-24-2002 at 09:30 AM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Why do cats like to sleep on babies faces.....

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I've got a cat, it was given to us by an old family friend who can't really get around to taking care of her anymore. She has been fixed up so she can't have kittens (i think). BUT...she's a Himilaian cat, and DAMN she sheds her freaken hair like a body builder on 5grams of gear a day!!! It's sick, the hair is everywhere! Whatever cat/kitten you get, make sure it's one that doesn't lose too much hair.

You could get one of those Dr. Evil cats, who don't have any hair at all, your daughter will be disgusted but at least it won't shed any hairs

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Dogs will teach your kids about loyalty. A good dog is better than 50 cats.

Thread Information