needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation on a serious note

Ok In all honesty who of you consider training the most important thing in your life.. Yes over your signifigant other, over your job etc! In my position Im 20, and single, so I don't have to make the choice, but I feel I should stay single so I can concentrate on lifting what you people think?

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I consider bodybuilding a lifestyle and a priority. I don't think of it in terms of putting over my family or business.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Lifting is def. in the top 2-3 most important in my life. Actually my fiance and I got into it this AM b/c of Sunday she wants to go to her GP for lunch. I told her we needed to get back early enough for my to workout b4 we have to go to pool league sunday night. She was all "why do you have to work out ALL the time? You need to take a day off sometimes." I was all "I did take a day off, yesterday!". Anyway we worked through it. She doesn't mind me being big, actually loves it, just has a problem sometimes with my dedication.....or is it an obsession? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    I consider bodybuilding a lifestyle and a priority. I don't think of it in terms of putting over my family or business.
    Definately a lifestyle. It's not a choice it becomes who you are..

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    I felt like that for a while.. i felt that a career would pop up on its own and come to me. i have a girlfriend who knows that i love to train, she knew it from day 1 so thats not much of a problem.. but as of recently im trying to make other things happen for myself like a career my first priority. at one point i even had friends mad at me.. because all i wanted to do is train and not cut my partners any slack.. they werent into it as much as me and didnt want to train 5 days a week with my intensity..

Cool, See I believe that I should stay single.. Don't get me wrong my family and school are there too.. But why add something else to take away from training time etc

I'm fortunate that I have the girl that I do. One who is just as motivated and consistant as I am, and who is OK with my decision to use AAS so I don't have to worry about ever having to chose my lifestyle over her or vice versa...on the other hand...I miss classes, family events, and work before I miss my workouts! Priorities...some say I need to get them straight...I say, if yours were as straight as mine are you'd look and feel as good as I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    Lifting is def. in the top 2-3 most important in my life. Actually my fiance and I got into it this AM b/c of Sunday she wants to go to her GP for lunch. I told her we needed to get back early enough for my to workout b4 we have to go to pool league sunday night. She was all "why do you have to work out ALL the time? You need to take a day off sometimes." I was all "I did take a day off, yesterday!". Anyway we worked through it. She doesn't mind me being big, actually loves it, just has a problem sometimes with my dedication.....or is it an obsession? I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Obsession is a word used by the lazy

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    I'm fortunate that I have the girl that I do. One who is just as motivated and consistant as I am, and who is OK with my decision to use AAS so I don't have to worry about ever having to chose my lifestyle over her or vice versa...on the other hand...I miss classes, family events, and work before I miss my workouts! Priorities...some say I need to get them straight...I say, if yours were as straight as mine are you'd look and feel as good as I do!
    Well you're not lookin' too good in that avatar!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'd stay single, me and a friend of mine made a pack, not to get married until we were at least 30, and we both lived up to your agreement. There's no reason to rush things, have fun.

Well you're not lookin' too good in that avatar!!
    Yeah, that guy is something else man. I like to look at him and thank God that I ended up the way that I did! I get a laugh everytime someone says something about it. It's a pretty grotesque picture! Just by looking at that guy, you just know he has a smell about him...like big foots d*ck or something worse?!?!? Sorry Needmore...didn't mean to hijack!

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Obsession is a word used by the lazy
    I've seen that in an add in a BB magazine!! I have to use it next time someone says I'm obsessive aboot BBing.

Decided to through in a little Canadian in your honor! haha

I've seen that in an add in a BB magazine!! I have to use it next time someone says I'm obsessive aboot BBing.

Decided to through in a little Canadian in your honor! haha
    Hahah thanx phuker

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Working out, the gym, staying fit isnt a task, a priority its a lifestyle.

I have been working with 3-4 Canadian companies in the past 2-3 months. I just talked to one guy in Toronto yesterday and will talk to him again this afternoon. He threw "aboot" out to me yesterday, I had to laugh!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

it consumes me because of my bdd and ocd

it got to that point years ago where nothing came b4 it and i have to say i looked possibly my all time best, BUT i got broken up with countless times and taken back, alienated my friends and family, and was slipping down a path of litle success. balance is key in life with priority on family, work, and passions that bring happiness to you. you can never be one dimensional in life

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Working out, the gym, staying fit isnt a task, a priority its a lifestyle.
    Its a shame more people don't feel the way we do about it. This US epidemic of obesity wouldn't exist. We never hear much about other Countries, it there a problem in the UK and Canada, like here in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    it got to that point years ago where nothing came b4 it and i have to say i looked possibly my all time best, BUT i got broken up with countless times and taken back, alienated my friends and family, and was slipping down a path of litle success. balance is key in life with priority on family, work, and passions that bring happiness to you. you can never be one dimensional in life
    Hmm well said, thanx for that

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Its a shame more people don't feel the way we do about it. This US epidemic of obesity wouldn't exist. We never hear much about other Countries, it there a problem in the UK and Canada, like here in the US?
    Not really in the UK, but it'll soon turn into an epidemic if the youth culture carrys on the way it does.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Not really in the UK, but it'll soon turn into an epidemic if the youth culture carrys on the way it does.
    Hopefully it will get turned around. What is happening here is a result of the US mentality, more is better, including food. There is a lot of attention being given to the problem nowadays.

Thread Information