chevy44 is offline Member

terumo needles..

whats up felllas? i have a? for you. i have read in the past that some people prefer terumo needles instead of b-d needles (syring and all), and for all of my injection (steroids and b12) i have used b-d but i came across a site that sells both so i figured i would try terumo out. today i tried a terumo needle for my b12 shot and i COULD NOT penetrate the skin!!!! i jabbed myself 4 diff times and each time the needle WOULD NOT go in more then a mililmeter. it prob would have penetrated if i took a hammer and banged it in a lil, but i have a weak stomach. i thought of some possibilities as to why this happened and one was scar tissue build up, but i have only shot my self about 8 times and i switch from delts to thighs (right and left). then i looked at the terumo package and their just alil bigger, 23g as apposed to 25g, but i dont think that should make such a difference.. what do you guys/gals think it was?

I've never had a problem with terumo pins. They are actually all I use anymore. You shouldn't have had that kind of a problem unless there was something wrong with the pin itself. I use 25 ga for everything except my Glutes and I use 23ga for those.

i wanted 25g but they didnt have them.. so i bought 23g. i didnt thinkit would make a huge diff.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    All I've used are 25ga. terumo pins and never had that problem. Do you have a lot of scar tissue you were trying to push through? Don't know what else to say bro.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Stick it harder.

i have shot my left quad once my rt quad twice my right delt twice and my left delt 4times.. i dont think i should have any scar tissue..

"Stick it harder."
    ikept pushing and anymore would have made me faint(weak stomach).. i was pushing very hard too..

I've heard of pthers having this problem before...not with any type of pin in particular, but sometimes there's a flaw in the pin and the very tip of it can be rolled over or the edges can be rounded accidently. This could cause the type of problem that you were describing. 23 ga will build up scar tissue faster than the 25ga but they'll still work for you. Look at the tip of the pin that you used (if you still have it) with a magnifying lens to see if there's anything wrong. Otherwise...just grab another one and fire away.

i already shot myself but i shwitched the needle with one from the b-d. i guess i will just have to wait till next time and hope that the needle was just defected.. thanx for the quick replies

Thread Information