HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

Another Venting Session

Yet another foolish act that I have again comitted...

First it was my wallet now this...
    I just got an automatic car starter installed (amazing by the way) which means I had to give them my extra key! Azzhole me never gets another key made and of course, lost my key last night. So this morning I had to pay a tow truck $100 bucks to take my car to the dealership and THEN $180 to get two keys made (40 for each key and 80 for hourly rate). Im hoping one of my friends finds finds them after the snow mellts....

fck me!!!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    Yet another foolish act that I have again comitted...

First it was my wallet now this...
    I just got an automatic car starter installed (amazing by the way) which means I had to give them my extra key! Azzhole me never gets another key made and of course, lost my key last night. So this morning I had to pay a tow truck $100 bucks to take my car to the dealership and THEN $180 to get two keys made (40 for each key and 80 for hourly rate). Im hoping one of my friends finds finds them after the snow mellts....

fck me!!!
    good lord, what kind of car do you drive, and who seriously charges an hourly wage for a job that takes 5 minutes? and 40 for each key, sounds like youre being screwed in the ass

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    That really suck HH. You may consider getting a membership to Triple A (AAA). They include a great free towing packing in their annual membership. And, it only costs around $45 a year. They also have other good benefits like travel discounts and other things. As for your auto dealership - I know exactly what you mean. You can't even drop in to say hello these days without spending $500.00 bucks.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Man that blows! I have a bud who lost all his keys for his car...They are 120 bucks each hahah but yea that blows

I have a Mitzu Eclipse '03, and with my luck they just started making keys with micro chips in them? The dealership had to go into my car, remove the original key which was installed when i got my auto starter done, (was underneath my dash board somewhere) then put it back together.... Supposedly, it took them an hour to do!! Yeah i got raped!!

Hot-Rox: Im defly lookin into that bro, thanks!!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ya actually 40 bucks for an extra key isnt bad.. almost all new cars have a chip in the key. and they put this key into a little box, its apart of the remote starter.. kinda there to trick the car into thinking that theres a key in the ignition..for more expensive cars the keys are like 100 bucks..

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    ya actually 40 bucks for an extra key isnt bad.. almost all new cars have a chip in the key. and they put this key into a little box, its apart of the remote starter.. kinda there to trick the car into thinking that theres a key in the ignition..for more expensive cars the keys are like 100 bucks..
    what are ya trying to say Phat.... I got a $hitty girl car!!! lol!!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    haha no.. i drive a civic so if you wanna call a car a girlie car its me.. im talkin bout beamers, mercedes.. those keys are expensive...

spyderman is offline New Member
    Heavy Hitter,
    I feel your pain. I also have an Eclipse (Spyder '02) and the keys with the chips really let them jack the price up and there isn't a **** thing you can do about it. I was considering a remote starter myself, but since it only makes these lost key situations worse, I think I'll pass. Thanks for saving me the aggravation! And by the way, Eclipses may not be Ferraris, but they sure as hell aren't girly cars!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

u said it not me bro

Dmize9 is offline Associate Member
    Hell yeah... no joke.... Laser key for my Audi has to be ordered from Germany... I think the dude said it is around $300...

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    haha no.. i drive a civic so if you wanna call a car a girlie car its me.. im talkin bout beamers, mercedes.. those keys are expensive...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I lost my BMW keys once..............

And Heavy losing your keys should teach you yet another valuable lesson on getting drunk off your ass

jonnytour is offline Member
    Key for my PT Cruiser is about $70.00. I just had a remote starter installed now I have to get another key made.

Thread Information