FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Need substitute for Protien Powder

Fellow Iron Brothers, I have tried all kinds of Protien supps. Sportfarma, EAS, GNC, etc, and for some reason they all mess my stomach up. If I just eat a couple steaks a day will that give me the protien I need. I am currently on Test 600mg/week, and EQ400mg/week. Soon will be adding Dbol 40mg/day. Anybody went with no supps, just a lot of chicken and steak, and got results? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Are you lactose intolerant? It sounds like you could be. Suggestions I have would be to try a egg or soy protein or use the Zero Carb Isopure because it is lactose free.

egg protien

Thanks Jason. I am lactose intolerant, but I never had problems with the supps until a couple years ago. Does Allsports make a 100% egg protien. I eat a lot of eggs and generally don't have any problems with them. Do you think I could get all the protien I need from just an egg based supp.? I weigh 242lbs. I'm gonna check out the allsports site. Thanks Again.

Do a search for "egg protein" or "3 LB Iso Pure". Start small and try it out. I wouldn't suggest the 8 lb isopure yet, just in case, but I would be willing to bet that if you switch proteins, it will work. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks Jason, I'll do a search and try a small amount of the egg protien to see what happens. If it doesn't work, is it possible to get the protein you need without using supps. For instance, just eating lots of steak, chicken, shrimp, fish, etc.
    Last edited by FRANK WHITE; 03-23-2002 at 06:58 AM.

yeah it's possible, tuna, steak, chicken, shrimp, etc........ You just can't put them in a blender and walk out the door with it. (well except Tobey and Billy Boy who think it is ok to put tuna in a blender, but that's another story )

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I very rarely use pro supps i always get mine from good old food.
    It seems to work ok for me (5.9 220lbs BF 12%)

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Real food is best, but hard boil eggs are easy to take with you. also as jason said egg protien is very good and i know one other person for sure who used it for same reason it has been suggested to you without any problems.

Thumbs up

Bex and Eye_Candy, thanks for the helpful info Bro's.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Also, go to the butcher shop and get 95 or 98% lean ground serloin steak. Stuff makes the best burgers you will ever eat, and it is very low on fat.

Originally posted by VEGETA990
    Also, go to the butcher shop and get 95 or 98% lean ground serloin steak. Stuff makes the best burgers you will ever eat, and it is very low on fat.

Thanks Veg, appreciate the suggestion.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Fresh tuna steaks are excellent low fat .....And good old eggs whites and yokes..........Tofu.........Nuts.........Cheese you can get very low fat....Baked beans(IF YOU CAN DO WITH THE FARTS)..All pulses Lentils ETC...

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by PTbyJason
    Are you lactose intolerant? It sounds like you could be. Suggestions I have would be to try a egg or soy protein or use the Zero Carb Isopure because it is lactose free.
    That's exactly what I was going to ask. You may be having a reaction from the milk rather than the powder....

Although you could get an equal amount of protein from eating red meats, with it would come added fat that you may not be looking for. Try the Isopure and maybe try mixing it with water. Mix with a minimal amount of water, that way you can gulp it down without having to savor the wonderful taste!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    What Every Bodybuilder Needs to Know About Eggs

Uneasy about eggs? Let's unscramble the good from the bad.

By Jose Antonio

Eggs are the Rodney Dangerfield of foods: They get no respect and, I must say, undeservedly so. Let's face it -- if you want a high-quality protein, eat eggs. Think about it: You're eating an entire animal, a full complement of the essential amino acids. In addition, eggs are a rich source of thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, Vitamin B12, biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and phosphorus. 1 Seems like a complete food, right?

Don't Throw Those Yolks Away!
    How often have you cracked those eggshells and daintily dropped the whites into a mixing bowl only to discard the yolks down your kitchen sink faster than you kick dog droppings off your shoes? Why the visceral antipathy toward those bright-yellow orbs? Have we been brainwashed by the "anti-egg lobby"? Well, yes. The old adage that nothing is as bad as the doom-and-gloom dietary crowd makes it out to be is very true in this case.

One of the most extensive studies of egg consumption in the United States examined dietary intake of more than 27,000 individuals and found that the daily nutrient intake of egg consumers was significantly greater than that of non-egg consumers.2 Vitamins B12 , C, E and A were ingested in greater quantities in the egg consumers, and those who ate four or more eggs daily had lower blood cholesterol levels than those who ate one egg or less daily.

Further, in 24 healthy adults (median age 40) who added two boiled eggs to their daily diets for six weeks, HDL (the "good" cholesterol) increased 10%, total cholesterol increased 4% and the total cholesterol/HDL cholesterol ratio didn't change.3 Think something must be wrong with this data? In a sample of 76 bodybuilders who followed an atherogenic (artery-damaging) diet characterized by high fat and high cholesterol, cholesterol intake was due mainly to egg consumption, which ranged from 0-81 eggs per week.4 Interestingly, blood cholesterol levels didn't differ between those who consumed high or low amounts of eggs, and HDL cholesterol concentrations were higher in those who consumed more eggs.

Designer Eggs
    Regular chicken eggs aren't as bad as the naysayers have claimed and are, in fact, chock-full of nutrients and protein. But scientists couldn't leave a good thing alone, so along came "designer eggs," which have in some way been fortified with extra Vitamin E, lutein (an antioxidant), selenium and/or omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are good for you. A study in the prestigious European Journal of Clinical Nutrition enlisted 40 healthy men and women to consume either one "normal" egg or one "designer" egg daily for eight weeks. The designer eggs won hands-down; subjects' blood levels of Vitamin E, lutein (more on this later), selenium (a mineral that works with E to fight free radicals) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, a type of healthful polyunsaturated fat) were higher.5

Think something cooked up in the lab won't taste as good as the real thing? Seventy-eight volunteers couldn't distinguish the taste or smell of designer vs. regular eggs.6

How many can you consume daily?

Evidence shows that consuming 1-2 whole eggs daily doesn't adversely affect blood lipid parameters.

An Eyeful
    Clearly, if you can get all the essential amino acids with a truckload of vitamins and minerals from eggs, this is a food you need to incorporate into your diet. Since designer eggs have higher levels of omega-3 fats that are usually found in fish, designer eggs may be the way to go if you live in Nebraska and can't get enough good seafood. Omega-3 fats may lower the incidence of heart disease, arthritis and psoriasis if consumed regularly, and may have an anti-inflammatory role that could benefit injured muscle. Why is this good? Well, inflammation is a normal and necessary component of skeletal muscle adaptation to intense exercise. Take some fish fat or designer eggs and you may just speed up your postexercise recovery process.

Yet another wonderful ingredient found in eggs is lutein, an antioxidant that's important in preventing age-related macular degeneration (a disease of the eye). Certainly, if you value your vision, lutein is a must.

Take-Home Message
    You can consume eggs regularly without harm. As said by scientists at the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in Memphis, "No association was seen between egg consumption at levels up to 1+ egg per day and the risk of coronary heart disease in non-diabetic men and women."7 So don't waste the precious vitamins, minerals and nutrients in the yolk. Include a yolk or two in your egg-white omelet.

Thumbs up

Hey Bex, thanks a lot Bro. A lot of quality info about eggs and their benefits. I'm boiling 5 eggs as we speak. Really appreciate it brother, especially the part about saving a couple yolks. I was gonna toss those out. Thanks for taking the time brother. Peace and Be Safe.

Jenna, thanks for the info on Iso protein. Very thoughtful of you.

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by bexsome

Don't Throw Those Yolks Away!
    You can consume eggs regularly without harm. As said by scientists at the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in Memphis, "No association was seen between egg consumption at levels up to 1+ egg per day and the risk of coronary heart disease in non-diabetic men and women."7 So don't waste the precious vitamins, minerals and nutrients in the yolk. Include a yolk or two in your egg-white omelet.
    Not So Fast!
    The reason that the yolk has been considered bad is because it is loaded with fat and cholesterol. Recent studies have shown that there is another component in the yolk that causes most of the cholesterol to be passed through the body without being absorbed. I think it is called Lecithin. Don't forget, that the yolk still holds all the fat in the egg, 5-8 grams per yolk!

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Have a cup of any kind of beans with every meal. Beano works to counter the gas thing.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Beans and eggs sound like a great idea.

Thread Information