Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member

500 Posts - What I've Learned

These last few months on AR have flown by. I hit 500 posts this morning and have left my newbie, junior, and associate statuses behind. I was just reflecting on all the things I've learned and thought I would post my top 5.

Please feel free to add to my list and/or comment on any of mine.

1. Researching your first or any steroid cycle is absolutley mandatory. There is so much mis-reported and just plain bogus info out there it was great to find guys that had already walked the path. To the Bro's that helped me - your guidance and support are most appreciated.

2. Prepare for proper PCT (Post Cycle Therapy ) if you want to retain your hard earned gains from any cycle. Previous to AR I had never even heard of pct and I am grateful for this information. I will be honest, I am still a little unclear on the exact pct regimen, however I am sure about the necessity of Novla and Clomid (hgc and other compounds seem to be hotly contested so my research continues on them).

3. AR is a community. It is a great deal more than how much gear can you do or can you bench 400 pounds? It is an international gathering of people seriously interested in improving themselves through bodybuilding, nutrition, and safe (conservative) chemical enhancement. I am also happily surprised just how often I hear that members recommend against the use of gear as they are too young, not experienced enough, or just not educated enough. Both positives and negatives of drug use are clearly discussed and members make informed decisions knowing the possible risks and benefits (which is the way I think it should be).

4. I have to admit that I am addicted to AR. Many days I spend hours and hours perusing the forums. And, not just the steroid, diet, or nutritional forums either. I have become a regular in the Lounge and Political forums as well. My New Years resolutions for next year is going to be limitting myself to no more than 2 hours a day. But, for this year, what the he11, I am just going to enjoy it!

5. Participation is key! AR works best when you both ask questions about things you want to learn about (after you have done a search and have found nothing relevant) and also about giving back to others by responding to other peoples questions when you have something positive to contribute.

Sorry, I was a little long winded. But, I just wanted to say thank you to AR and its members.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    holy crap!! 17.82 posts per day... you bring a whole new meaning to Whorin it up!!

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    congrats on the 500 your post whoring is up with the best of them.

yes i have learnt alot too i would not be were i am now with size training diet and sause without this forum.

the things i have learnt in this forum is dont rush in have the proper things to aid your cycle.

but the most important thing i get from the site is that it drives you to do better when you see peoples pictures cycles etc.

Mark - please see number 4....LOL

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I'm not sure I'd know what to do without this site. The information contained here holds a ton of value! Almost anytime I have a question, all I have to do is a search and it's usually already been addressed.

GREAT SITE.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    congrats on the 500th post. u forgot to mention the smack talk going on the site. i personally think it's great! alot of internet warriors on this site. lol.

Bulldog - you are absolutey right! Some of the Bro's here are inspirational.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    that's one of the best 500th posts I ever read bro.

Thanks D-End....

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice post bro! I think you hit the nail right on the head!

You've become a member of our little "thing".

OG

BARLOW is offline Senior Member

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    4. I have to admit that I am addicted to AR. Many days I spend hours and hours perusing the forums. And, not just the steroid , diet, or nutritional forums either. I have become a regular in the Lounge and Political forums as well. My New Years resolutions for next year is going to be limitting myself to no more than 2 hours a day. But, for this year, what the he11, I am just going to enjoy it!

lol you average 18 posts A DAY!!!!

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    limiting to 2 hours.. i spent that much time on my first 10 visits.. then it dropped..
    i mean it probably goes up for people like Mike_XXL and Swole cause people keep bugging em.. but for a normal user?? 2 hours on this is like.. wtf?

AW - you must never venture into the Political forum or Lounge. I could easily spend 2 hours there each day and that does not even count the other great forums.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    limiting to 2 hours.. i spent that much time on my first 10 visits.. then it dropped..
    i mean it probably goes up for people like Mike_XXL and Swole cause people keep bugging em.. but for a normal user?? 2 hours on this is like.. wtf?

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    This site is the best. I only wish I would have found it sooner.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Congrats on the 500... I have been here for a while lurking and for a little bit as a member. I don't know that I will ever hit 500. I really think that there is so much info on here if you look that there are not too many ?'s needing answering. Just watch were you get your info from. Some of the guys want to help but don't know **** <--that's why I don't post too much. It's easy to tell who knows what.

I will be here forever I believe.......Love the info...keep up the good work

Thanks OG! AR rules.

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Nice post bro! I think you hit the nail right on the head!

You've become a member of our little "thing".

OG

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    And I'd like to give myself a huge round of applause for a job well done. Its been a pleasure for you all to have me here to help improve your tiny miserable lives.

Thanks for the post.

Thread Information