Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    It has to start some where. How many posts would you have if it were not for the lounge?

bc
    About 23

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I would guess around 80% to 90% of my posts are non-Lounge. However, you pull the Political forum posts next I'm toast....lol

It has to start some where. How many posts would you have if it were not for the lounge?

bc

seanw is offline Banned
    When I logon on I dont got into any lounge, I just click on New Posts, and if I see something interesting, or something I can contribute to I will put on my 0.02. Most of the time I dont even know what Forum I am in. I have no problem with this one way or the other, as long as wl are all helping one another, IN ANY CAPACITY, is whats important, not that stupid number.

Sean (great new avatar btw) - I agree with you. I also use the new posts function to participate in the currently active forums (paying no attention to which forum is active).

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    When I logon on I dont got into any lounge, I just click on New Posts, and if I see something interesting, or something I can contribute to I will put on my 0.02. Most of the time I dont even know what Forum I am in. I have no problem with this one way or the other, as long as wl are all helping one another, IN ANY CAPACITY, is whats important, not that stupid number.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I think this is a good move....... too many people post in the lounge 99% of the time and then go into the AAS forum or other forums and talk down to people with a lesser post count, calling them newbies and such. I honestly think this may help for future matters of flaming newbies, and not only that but it will keep people from being able to rack up their post count with useless crap and then try to use it to their advantage in other areas of the community (scamming, being trusted by actual newbies b/c of their post count, etc etc)

Just my $.02....

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it's a great idea. And like my ho maraxus said: you are not your post count (fight club right?)

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    What is the big thing about post count anyway? Seriously? Bc

Personally I don't care either way BC...but the argument could be made on the other side....if post count doesn't matter....then why restrict it? Why not have your mods work on controlling threads made for post whoring and those who hijack for the sake of whoring?

Most my posts are in here but generally Im posting to try to contribute in some way. I'd like to post more in the Female section but our female members are few and far between so it's pretty dead in there and many won't come in the lounge because of the sometimes negative attitude towards females.

Hate to see the board lose members for any reason...but if members leave because they can't get their post count up....maybe we are better off. I for one am not going anywhere....AR is my home .
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i like it , i like it a lot

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    me no care............................

not2bigyet is offline Member
    great idea!

That's because you are so close to senior you can taste it......lol I know - we are not our post count....

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    me no care............................

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Good move, who cares about post count, it's not what gains respect. It's fellating me that will really win you over in the eyes of the community.

No but really, good move.

To be honest guys, a big reason why post counts have been stopped in the Lounge is because of posts exactly like this, the title says it all "Huh oh... Post whoring is over I think".

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    This is a good move. Anybody who spends time on here and reads threads across all the forums knows who's intelligent, educated and experienced and who's not. For example, I did not give Swolecat instant respect simply b/c of his post count, but after reading through a bunch of threads across several forums, it was obvious that he has a good amount of expertise. I could care less if he has 9K, 5K, 2K or 500, you know he knows what he's talking about. Likewise, I have received recognition from several members due to my helpful non-lounge posts and I'm practically a newb. the count is practically irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    This is a good move. Anybody who spends time on here and reads threads across all the forums knows who's intelligent, educated and experienced and who's not. For example, I did not give Swolecat instant respect simply b/c of his post count, but after reading through a bunch of threads across several forums, it was obvious that he has a good amount of expertise. I could care less if he has 9K, 5K, 2K or 500, you know he knows what he's talking about. Likewise, I have received recognition from several members due to my helpful non-lounge posts and I'm practically a newb. the count is practically irrelevant.
    Exactly, i would hope that i have gained a certain level of respect..

Iowa is offline Banned
    I personally think its a good move. I really don't care about my post count at all. For all Im concerned, it could be reset to zero everytime I log in and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

When I look at responses in threads, I don't say to myself "Oh, he only has 50 posts, so he must be full of $hit" or "Man, he has 10,000 posts so he must no everything." No Sir. I look at whether or not the post has merit and form an opinion of the person based on the response, not on the post count. Look at Dimes for example. He had a buttload of posts, but did anyone truely feel like he was a very knowledgable bro???

I think worrying about post count is trivial and takes me back to my Junior High days of worrying about stupid $hit. However, I think the S.A.'s idea about having a separate post count for the lounge would be a good middle ground. JMO

I dont believe we should have post counts, everything should be done on a reputation system. Dont argue with me im right on this one guys, just look at how many posts ive made so far.

People actually used to trust people like Da Bull and take his advice as if he were actually smart...because of his postcount. But postcount obviously means sh!t.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Just keeping my post count up

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Just keeping my post count up
    lol it wont count dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    I dont believe we should have post counts, everything should be done on a reputation system. Dont argue with me im right on this one guys, just look at how many posts ive made so far.
    So I guess you want to know how bad your rep is right?

I don't even want to know what my rep is like LOL
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    So I guess you want to know how bad your rep is right?
    I believe it would give an accurate idea of a members contribution if used correctly. I personally believe that i would have probably a neutral one, many people here respect me and i have just as many enemies -they go hand in hand when you are a high profile member.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    That's because you are so close to senior you can taste it......lol I know - we are not our post count....
    haha, so close yet so far.............I start my new job on Monday and the daily commute is a pain.........message boards will be out of commission for me for a while.................

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I believe it would give an accurate idea of a members contribution if used correctly. I personally believe that i would have probably a neutral one, many people here respect me and i have just as many enemies -they go hand in hand when you are a high profile member.

To be honest, I think thats a terrible idea. All it would do is tell you which guys care about their reputation enough that they talk other people into repping them all the time......something like a "rep whore thread" would come about. I don't see how the whole rep system would show how much a member contributes.

Post count seems fine to me. If lounge posts don't count, then it will better represent those who are contributing. JMO.

Does this post make me one of your ennemies?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    To be honest, I think thats a terrible idea. All it would do is tell you which guys care about their reputation enough that they talk other people into repping them all the time......something like a "rep whore thread" would come about.

Post count seems fine to me. JMO.

Does this post make me one of your ennemies?
    I have no idea who you are so you're not my enemy nor my friend. ha.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea who you are so you're not my enemy nor my friend. ha.

I was refering to the fact that you assumed you had ennemies on this forum, being such a "high profile member" and all

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    I was refering to the fact that you assumed you had ennemies on this forum, being such a "high profile member" and all
    When i say high profile, i mean, if someone were to mention photoshop for example, most people would think Messy. Im a member who most of the regular guys know, or know of, my threads start discussions that entice people and either make people like, or hate me.

As I have given more thought to this delima.....there is a "Get a life" theme behind this post count controversy. There is little question that it is quite easy to recognize those Vets, Mods, and other knowledgeable guys without deference to their post count. I must admit that I was proud just today to have reached Member status today leaving behind Newbie, Junior, and Associate statuses. However, comments such as "you are not your post count" has motivated me to redouble my dedication to what really matters. Learning everything I can and sharing what I learn if I can positively contribute.

And when people here hear C.B.....they think of a taser wielding, relationship advice giving MOM. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    And when people here hear C.B.....they think of a taser wielding, relationship advice giving MOM. hehe
    Wrong... we think...

LOL DON'T SAY it MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    LOL DON'T SAY it MR.

"it"

Actually as a newer member, a few thoughts......
    The lounge is where I got to meet some people. Then it was cool to try to NOT be a newb. Then not be jr. etc....... I like to see the post counts because I know someone has been around awile and must not be a total idiot or they wouldn't be here still(besides Deca j/k). I have received solid input and have read solid input from the folks that have the higher post counts. Some of the newer post count peoples advice is freakin lunacy. So to me it matters. What's really wrong with being a post whore???
    I mean really??? If the stupid threads bother the mods then delete em. But this board is GREAT for a reason......If it works don't fix it. Capisce????

system admin is offline Owner
    Thanks for all of the feed back. I will think it over and talk with the other Smods. Thanks again!

Bc

palme is offline Rosie Member
    What is the big thing about post count anyway? Seriously?

Bc
    Didnt we take away the post count for awhile and some people started bitching about that so it came back?

Post count means nothing...except lack of life.

Thanks for all of the feed back. I will think it over and talk with the other Smods. Thanks again!

Bc
    You consider me a Smod? Wow Im so happy

If people post just to see their number go up... that just doesnt make sence. The boards are still great due to the people here and in no way do I look at the amount of posts a person has. I will have seen advise given or a thread posted that the members here post and will judge their knowlege on that. Either way... I dont see how it takes away from the board.

Bc

If people post just to see their number go up... that just doesnt make sence. The boards are still great due to the people here and in no way do I look at the amount of posts a person has. I will have seen advise given or a thread posted that the members here post and will judge their knowlege on that. Either way... I dont see how it takes away from the board.

Bc
    As ive said, and i believe most people will come to believe and get used to a reputation system, well moderated and thought about put in place would be good.

We do not have the staff to monitor everyones reputation levels. It just wouldnt work. We would need 50 mods doing nothing but rep. If you have a question about who is who here... I have found the best way, is to ask other members. You will find out who is good and who is not VERY quickly. LOL... May even learn some things that you didnt want to know.

Bc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information