Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"

Thumbs down Huh oh... Post whoring is over I think

I think the posts in the lounge don't count anymore...

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    y u think that?

hmmm. u might b right...

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Testing the theory

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    testing 1,2,3

ya mine didnt go up, ah well no more whoring

i think this is true because i posted in another forum and receieved a post.. if so, im for it.. i think if lounge posts werent counted it would be easier for people to know who was more knowledgable when seeking help.. not to say that you could have 1k posts in just the steroid forum and still know nothing...

i wonder where some people would be if they lost all their posts from ever being in the AR Lounge?? deca , messy, elliot, hot-rox.. newbies?? lolol

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    i think this is true because i posted in another forum and receieved a post.. if so, im for it.. i think if lounge posts werent counted it would be easier for people to know who was more knowledgable when seeking help.. not to say that you could have 1k posts in just the steroid forum and still know nothing...

i wonder where some people would be if they lost all their posts from ever being in the AR Lounge?? deca, messy, elliot, hot-rox.. newbies?? lolol
    LOL... ya but people who think just cause u have 2k posts u know everything is dumb! there r newbies on here that know they're shlt. but i guess if ur new u dont know that. either way it doesnt matter

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Good move Admins!

~SC~

Elysium is offline Productive Member

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    uh oh lol

hmmmm

Im not too sure what to say about this, my posts arent going to go as i spend 90% of my time in here

Yea this isnt cool... could a mod please explain

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I hope this no post count outside of particular forum is carefully considered. It seems to create an unfair comparison of current members as they have had a longer time to get credit for posts that today are no longer counted. Also, it will now be much harder for newer members to increase their post count due to having limited knowledge on workout, nutrition, or gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    I hope this no post count outside of particular forum is carefully considered. It seems to create an unfair comparison of current members as they have had a longer time to get credit for posts that today are no longer counted. Also, it will now be much harder for newer members to increase their post count due to having limited knowledge on workout, nutrition, or gear.
    See the arguement is though, to what extent does a post count actually matter? I think if they implimented some other way to show respect etc that would be great

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    See the arguement is though, to what extent does a post count actually matter? I think if they implimented some other way to show respect etc that would be great
    Wow! Before you replied I start writing a reply but it ended all ****ed up because I couldn't put into words what I thought. What you just said is exactly what I was thinking!

+1

Man, I hope my 500 post commentary was in no way responsible for these changes. Now, I just feel kind of low.

admin stinks of cheese and his banners are rubbish

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I like it.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Stupid idea IMO. Post whores buy from ASN and lion too. Taking away something so insignificant as a post, is just petty. They will probably go post elsewhere, and buy from their sponsors.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Stupid idea IMO. Post whores buy from ASN and lion too. Taking away something so insignificant as a post, is just petty. They will probably go post elsewhere, and buy from their sponsors.
    ASN does sell tampons i believe...why does post count bother you?

Yes - but how much of your current 3,000+ post count was made up Lounge or other non-counted (as of today) forum activity. I see the logic behind the decision. But, it does not appear fair to newer members.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    I like it.

Yes - but how much of your current 3,000+ post count was made up Lounge or other non-counted (as of today) forum activity. I see the logic behind the decision. But, it does not appear fair to newer members.
    you are not your post count.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    ASN does sell tampons i believe...why does post count bother you?

It doesn't. But i thought this board was a business

i personally dont think it makes a difference.

but then again it gives people something to look forward too and keeps them comin all the time which is good for the site. but i dunno. wtf diference does it make if u have 100 posts or 2k posts?

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I follow you, but that would only be true if the lounge were eliminated. Since everybody still has the lounge and can talk trash and get to know one another...I don't see a problem. It will hopefully push some of our lounge lubbers into the more important forums in search of post count fame.

system admin is offline Owner
    This is not something that has been decided yet. Post count does not make you here. Your ability to help and your willingness to help does. The lounge was only created to take a break from the anabolic , diet, training, etc... talk. It is still an awesome place to come. Hell, I love coming in here and reading some of the stuff that gets posted up. But threads like "A thread about nothing" is created to ONLY bring up post count? Funny stuff 90% of the time, but post count does not mean anything. I have been here from the start and my post count is LOW. I dont have all the answers when it come to anabolics and training, but I know who to go ask when I have questions because of the posts that were made by the members here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I follow you, but that would only be true if the lounge were eliminated. Since everybody still has the lounge and can talk trash and get to know one another...I don't see a problem. It will hopefully push some of our lounge lubbers into the more important forums in search of post count fame.
    Depends on your definition of important. I dont post much in other forums, i do a bit, but not alot majority is here, i joined for the info on fitness, AS etc but quickly realised its alot more than that, its a community where i like to spend my time, around people who i have alot in common with...

While of course your statement is true. Those of us with less bodybuilding, nutrion, and/or gear experience had the opporunity to contribute to the AR comunity in other ways. Now that contribution seems to be of less value.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    you are not your post count.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    LOL, they don't know enough to post in the other forums. Let them feel like they're contributing to the board somehow.

There you go! My thoughts exactly. Become popular with people in some other forums, rather than from starting nonsence threads. I LOVE the forum and get many laughs EVERYDAY. Post count only matters to post whores IMO. I may be wrong though

Bc

Kato is offline Member
    great move!

While of course your statement is true. Those of us with less bodybuilding, nutrion, and/or gear experience had the opporunity to contribute to the AR comunity in other ways. Now that contribution seems to be of less value.
    This I feel will only push you to increase your knowledge now. I dont see a problem with that.

i think its gon go both ways here, somepeople will b mad some people wont care.either way u'll get used to it and stop caring in a week anyways. so wutever, not the end of the world.

Perhaps we can have two post counts... One for the lounge and one for the rest of the board?

This reminds me of the old days when I was a sales person. Just when the commissions were really rolling in management always changed it is some way to the detriment of the sales person. This was one of my main motivating factors to becoming a business owner. No matter what anyone says - this change effects newer members - as it does not appear to be retro-active. Existing members will have been able to reach (and retain) their current ranks by any posting while newer AR members will be held to a more difficult standard. Although there is logic in the decision, there is a different more difficult standard in place as of now.

It has to start some where. How many posts would you have if it were not for the lounge?

bc

What is the big thing about post count anyway? Seriously?

Bc

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information