Thread: Gsxr 600

ExSciGuy is offline Junior Member

Gsxr 600

Is 5,000 a reasonable price for a 2000 gixxer with 8,000 miles on it? Also, how low do you think I could get a person to go down on the price. It's winter here in New York so I don't think this person is doing much with the bike besides sitting on it. Perhaps cash would talk.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    I could get it for about 4500 but 5k is a pretty good price. GSXR's are nice bikes..

I would go with a 750 though..

trauma is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSciGuy
    Is 5,000 a reasonable price for a 2000 gixxer with 8,000 miles on it? Also, how low do you think I could get a person to go down on the price. It's winter here in New York so I don't think this person is doing much with the bike besides sitting on it. Perhaps cash would talk.
    shop around. i got a new '01 600 for $6800. $3500-$4000 would be better. may also depend on any aftermarket add-ons.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally I would think around $4000.00 would be a much more resonable price. Hit up autotrader and print some others off to compare

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    4K-4500 man, no more.

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Yea...4 g's at most, and thats if teh bike is flawless. The bike is five years old man. It says that your 190 in your profile...why not get a 750 or the stack 1000? I see ladies handle the 1000's just fine and most of them are tiny. Is this your first bike?

Your gonna wanna get a bigger one in 3 months. Get a 750 at least.

PEace

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    Yea...4 g's at most, and thats if teh bike is flawless. The bike is five years old man. It says that your 190 in your profile...why not get a 750 or the stack 1000? I see ladies handle the 1000's just fine and most of them are tiny. Is this your first bike?

PEace

Yes he will.....

ExSciGuy is offline Junior Member
    It's funny you guys say that because I'm running a cycle right now so I'm hoping to be about 210 by the time all is said and done. This will be my first bike so that's why I'm kind of timid to buy something too big. I would go up to 750 probably but I think 1000 is pretty big. My buddy has a 1000TL and it seems like it might be a little big for me. I also got on my friends Ninja 900 and that seemed pretty d@mn quick. I did think that GSXR seemed a little pricy but I see a lot of 'em for that much. It breaks my heart because I was looking at a 2000 CBR 600 f4 for 3,800/bo but it was gone by the time I got to it. Thanks for the advice and anymore would be greatly appreciated. Is there any other good source to find bikes besides cycletrader.com?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath

PEace
    I would say deal with the 600 man.. We're guyz we will try and use the 1000! everyone drops their first bike! 600's a good starter. Insurance also comes into mind.. In canada 750's are just as much as 1000's for insurance

Thread Information