Matt76 is offline New Member

Couples Counseling??

me and my g/f are having some rough times and we are only 19 but we really want things to work. So we have decided to see a counselor. I was just wondering if anybody has had any successs with this??

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt76
    me and my g/f are having some rough times and we are only 19 but we really want things to work. So we have decided to see a counselor. I was just wondering if anybody has had any successs with this??
    Not personally, but yes I think you made a wise decision.

seanw is offline Banned
    I went to one with my ex wife. Be prepared for a tough time and to have everything put on the tabel. If you dont go in with a positve attitude it wont work. Believe me, it can be a very painfull experience if you havnt been honest with one another.

Well I am pretty sure that we are honest with each other. It is just lately things have gotten rough. We have been together 2.5 years and our in are 2nd year of college together and she is just to great to give up and i'm not going down without a fight

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Good luck Matt....it's good that you have the courage to do what it takes to make it work...speaks a lot about you.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Thanks I just hope things work out b/c I don't know what I would do without her

It feels that way now Matt......but you are young and you wouldn't be the first to survive the loss of someone you love. It hurts like hell ...... and Im not saying it is going to happen......but you will live and you would/will find someone new.

One step at a time. Focus on what you have to deal with. Just make sure that you don't lose yourself in the process of trying to make this relationship work.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

I lost myself along time ago

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    One step at a time.
    that, and alot of liquour. Well, at least thats what helped me!! Not that Im speaking from personal experience or anything.......cough,cheatin whore, cough cough

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i personally think counseling is the dumbest thing ever! especially couples counseling when ur only 19!! no flame bro but.....JMO...

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    http://www.swinglifestyle.com/
    all the "counseling" you'll need.....

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Went to one with the ex wife and the freaking counselor took her side, I thought they weren't supposed to. Anyway I divorced her azz a couple of months later.

C'mon guys. He obviously cares about her and wants to address the issues. Give him a break.

Bombshell is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt76
    I saw a marriage councelor with my ex and from personal experience, I did NOT like it at all. You have to make sure you don't just pick anyone. You both have to feel comfortable talking in front of this person or the true problems won't get resolved.
    Kudos to you for trying. I wish you the best of luck!

skiing is offline Associate Member
    It cant hurt if anything the self betterment you will recieve will be worth the investment if you use it properly. My gf and I go and it helps our communication skills much. Good luck and ski a great winter

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    i personally think counseling is the dumbest thing ever! especially couples counseling when ur only 19!! no flame bro but.....JMO...
    I hate to say it in a way, because I always like to pull for the underdog and believe that the hardest work will always provide the greatest gratification...but I gotta say man...You've been together for 2.5 years and you need counseling. That in itself is not that uncommon, but you're only 19 bro. If the problems are this far along this early...you need to think about cutting your losses and finding the girl that DOES exist that will be twice the girl that you're with right now. I'm not flammin on ya bro, just giving you some input. I've been where you are now and it was a total waste of my time. But on the other hand, life is a learning experience and if nothing else comes of this for you, at least you will have learned a valuable lesson that you can take with you into your future endevors. Best of luck to you.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin

I agree.........if you already need conseling now at 19 years old ..........im sure your in for problems down the line..........i mean **** your 19, your still learning and growing.......going to college, meeting new people............your supposed to have problems.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Bro - you really need to work on getting yourself together. You lost yourself long ago? What the hell! No wonder you are having problems. At 19 you should be getting some life experiences you will be able to draw on later in life. If you are having problems now before you have any real responsibilities - ie wife, kids, job, house payment, other bills, and list goes on an on - it is likely this relationship is destine to fail. Try to enjoy yourself. It sounds like you are putting unneeded pressure on this situation. As for the councilor - you will only get out what you put in. Which means it is not a magic bullet.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    I agree.........if you already need conseling now at 19 years old ..........im sure your in for problems down the line..........i mean **** your 19, your still learning and growing.......going to college, meeting new people............your supposed to have problems.........

she said it best bro.. those years are your learning experience times.. move on to someone else. hate to say but if you guys need counseling at that age then obviously something is wrong.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    Don't know the answer but good luck. Never really know what will and won't work, just gotta keep going on. That's the key to everything...just don't let it ruin you..

Thread Information