Thread: This is nuts

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

This is nuts

I always thought meditation and similar stuff was just a pile of bull****.

But last week on tuseday I went to a place to learn how to meditate and I have been practicing eveyday now. The most amazing thing is that it seems to have TOTALY cured my insomnia.

For one whole year I havent been able to sleep without sleep meds. If I ever forgot to take them I would fall asleep maby 7 in the morning and get 2 hours of ****ty sleep. But now I sleep like a baby without pills. I sleep better then I have done for years. I cant understand how meditating have done such a big difference in such a short time period but I sure as hell aint complaining. It also has given me more perspective on all things in life I regular think is realy important and have made me more calm and peacfull mentaly. My mind has been a trainwreck the last 2 years, constant suicide thoughts, feelings of utter hopelessness, horrible self esteem(as many probably have read in my earlier posts)but now it feels like all those things are slowely drifting away from me. They are not gone, but they are alot weaker alreadt. So this is realy amazing.

It feels like I have found the right path to turn my mental state around and to turn my entire life around. All because I decided to go to a buddhist place and learn how to meditate

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Good article in the last issue of Muscle and Fitness on Frank Zane and his meditating throughout his life. Says it keeps him focused in the gym, helped him tremendously.

anyone else here meditating regulary?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    Good article in the last issue of Muscle and Fitness on Frank Zane and his meditating throughout his life. Says it keeps him focused in the gym, helped him tremendously.
    Anyone got a copy of that scanned? I would like to read it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    anyone else here meditating regulary?
    What is your method of meditation?

I'd like to hear about it.

~SC~

Im realy just getting into this. I learned this method from a tibetan buddhist place here in my town

basicly you sit in the lotus position(make sure the knees are lower then the ass by sitting on something suitable and palms on knees) and just try to open your mind completely. Everytime you breath out you count and do that until you have counted to 10 or 21 and then repeat.
    You should not try to hinder any thougths, but you should not capture them either. Just let them drift by. Try to focus on the here and now. dont think of the past or future. No matter hod distante or close. Just focus on the present and on your senses.

After a couple of minutes of that I acchive a state where I realy dont think at all except for the counting. My thoughts drift by without bothering me.

The woman that held the introduction to meditation said that the thoughts are like clouds in the sky that drifts by. Dont entertain them, just let them drift by unnoticed and after a while the sky will become clear.

hope that explanation makes any sense

seanw is offline Banned
    Come over here and you can have my wife. You and her are made for one another. She teaches teachers how to teach Yoga and Meditation. She has tried to get me on that path for ages, but I enjoy agro and stress way to much to get sucked into that.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im realy just getting into this. I learned this method from a tibetan buddhist place here in my town

basicly you sit in the lotus position(make sure the knees are lower then the ass by sitting on something suitable and palms on knees) and just try to open your mind completely. Everytime you breath out you count and do that until you have counted to 10 or 21 and then repeat.
    You should not try to hinder any thougths, but you should not capture them either. Just let them drift by. Try to focus on the here and now. dont think of the past or future. No matter hod distante or close. Just focus on the present and on your senses.

After a couple of minutes of that I acchive a state where I realy dont think at all except for the counting. My thoughts drift by without bothering me.

The woman that held the introduction to meditation said that the thoughts are like clouds in the sky that drifts by. Dont entertain them, just let them drift by unnoticed and after a while the sky will become clear.

hope that explanation makes any sense
    Sounds like a normal day at work for me

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    lol. sean what r u doing for your living?

seanw is offline Banned
    Have a look at my Avatar, I am a Hairdresser obviously !!!

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I have been working with altered states for about a year now.. This was the stuff I was telling you to look into last summer when oyu were nervous about going to some party.. When I said something about screw the shrnks just work it out with altered sate stuff someone I cant remeber freasked out and said oyu needed meds. I dont do the meditation quite like what your doing but hey if it works for you thats great..

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I have been working with altered states for about a year now.. This was the stuff I was telling you to look into last summer when oyu were nervous about going to some party.. When I said something about screw the shrnks just work it out with altered sate stuff someone I cant remeber freasked out and said oyu needed meds. I dont do the meditation quite like what your doing but hey if it works for you thats great..
    Yeah it realy does work. What kinds of meditations do you do??

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    My altered states are ones I have created with hypnosis.. I will read what it is I want to work on or change and I have a switch in my head that helps me go into state. I do have some rituals that I do work on occasionally but not as consistant as I would like

DownTownNY is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Have a look at my Avatar, I am a Hairdresser obviously !!!

lol...nice pic

Thread Information