Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Rich Dad, Poor Dad books

Anyone read those books? They got some really good info in them... what do you guys invest in... any luck in stocks? I hear Chinese industry is suppose to boom as well as some things like Satelite Radio... namely the one about to start broadcasting Howard Stern...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Heard of them but haven't read'em. China has been booming for over a year now. This has been the cause of rising steel prices. They have a growing middle class, and will continue to grow.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I've read a couple and found them somewhat motivating. I can't remember reading something with as much redundancy of information. It's like each book has one point, good for maybe a chapter, so they keep rewording it enough to fill up a book. I'm freaking ADD enough without that ****. Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Heard of them but haven't read'em. China has been booming for over a year now. This has been the cause of rising steel prices. They have a growing middle class, and will continue to grow.
    Indeed, thanks to a very slow and progressive move towards an open market society there is a massive middle class growing out of China, and these people now have money they want to spend it.

From what I've been reading recently, the resources in highest demand are steel, oil and lumber and the finished products high in demand are automobiles, consumer electronics and appliances.

Though I am very happy for the chinese people for accessing to a better quality of life, the immediate result on our economies is that the price of essencial resources like oil, steel and wood will skyrocket in the years to come (good for investors, less good for consumers).

Red

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I read the rich dad, poor dad... and he's right. I also read the real estate investing book and it was pretty good as well. I recommend both.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Anyone know where I can find that real estate investing book of his I'm getting into real estate investing soon and I want all the resources I can muster up.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    Anyone know where I can find that real estate investing book of his I'm getting into real estate investing soon and I want all the resources I can muster up.
    Never mind I found it.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Excellent post Red , right on the money!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    im reading it now! rich dad poor dad by robert kiyosaki. worth the time

getnjacked is offline Junior Member
    Another one by him is the cash flow quadrant. A follow up to Rich Dad Poor Dad.

All very good books. They apply much common sense to the accumulation of wealth. As well as they shine some light on the difference in thinking between your average person and the person who understands how to create wealth. Spends a good amount of time on what truly is an asset and what is a liablity, his definition varies greatly from your average joe.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjacked
    Another one by him is the cash flow quadrant. A follow up to Rich Dad Poor Dad.

All very good books. They apply much common sense to the accumulation of wealth. As well as they shine some light on the difference in thinking between your average person and the person who understands how to create wealth. Spends a good amount of time on what truly is an asset and what is a liablity, his definition varies greatly from your average joe.

is cash flow quadrant easy reading? i have books which are to "financial" and the like!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    is cash flow quadrant easy reading? i have books which are to "financial" and the like!

In my opinion it is not too challanging, from a grammatical stand point. To be honest I cannot fully remember if it was complicated. From what I do remember it isn't "too financial"

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I love this series. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I even bought their board game

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The whole Rich Dad series is as simple as things can possibly get from a financial point of view, which is a good thing if you are just breaking into reading this stuff. The repetition is definitely there but you have to remember this is a story told in Japanese style.....very circular. After any of you read (or have read) these and you decide you want to learn more I have dozens of suggestions for further reading.

The question is that can these books help those who seek financial freedom or are these books just self help books like so many out there?

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    The question is that can these books help those who seek financial freedom or are these books just self help books like so many out there?

The books are full of great information to retrain peoples thinking from the warped view that most people have after school. (school trains people to be employees. employee=broke, over worked and under payed) Books like this take principals of weallth management, creation and leverage and breaks it down into a practical common sense mindset. The question to ask is not do these books work it is will you work and consistantly make decisions that are creating a future position in which you are leveraging assets. Or are you making decisions that are causing you to balance liabilities??

You can't have the spring break, if I do a cycle of dbol will I be ripped for the break? Comes down to consistant application and research.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the whole series. Highly recommended reading

Thread Information