DanDoola is offline Junior Member

I hate the gym!!

So, I've been training at home cause my brother bought a Blowflex and I hate going to the gym during the entire month of January.

I started the doggcrapp training last week, and the Bowflex just ain't cutting it. Anyway, I got back to the gym today for the first time this year, and let me tell you...I ****ING HATE IT!! Newbs and New Years Res Varmants everywhere. Only 10% of these lazy bastards will probably end up staying.

I know we all have to start somewhere, and I am by no means in great shape. In fact I've got a LONG LONG way to go. But I'm determined, my diet is clean, and I bust my ass.

Anyway, some naked bastard was walking around in the lockeroom with his kid and his kid's friend. If it wasn't bad enough that they were all FAT, I heard those words that I didn't think anyone at the gym would ever utter in only his first month of New Years Res. He said, "We'll go swimming for an hour, and then we'll go pick up some pizza!" I wanted to slap that guy, 1. for making me jealous and 2. cause what the **** are you at the gym for, I know he's no bodybuilder or powerlifter, so eating a whole pizza isn't part of his cheat day.

Sorry guys, just had to vent. I think I'll get a few more weeks of pussy ass workouts on the Blowflex before I go back to the gym. Either that, or get a membership at Powerhouse. Lifetime = :rainbow:

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    yea , i had a simliar thing to bowflex when i was younger....they're worthless . Not everyone at the gym wants to be a BB dude . But i too hate it when its to packed .

Theres this old guy that walks around with a camo vest and a bullet proof hat . he must be about 65-70 i thought it was a joke , but ive seen him a dozen times , always wears it . NUT

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know what's funnier...DanDoola skips the gym for a year to 'train' on his bowflex...AND calling Newbs and New Years Res Varmants lazy asses...

OR

The old dude that walks around with a camo vest and a bullet proof hat

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I don't know what's funnier...DanDoola skips the gym for a year to 'train' on his bowflex...AND calling Newbs and New Years Res Varmants lazy asses...

OR

The old dude that walks around with a camo vest and a bullet proof hat

actually i think he said, he doesnt lift in the month of january, and today was the first day he got in there this year.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually..this is what he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDoola
    So, I've been training at home cause my brother bought a Blowflex and I hate going to the gym during the entire month of January.
    ------
    Anyway, tic for tac aside... i found it laughable
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 01-30-2005 at 01:10 PM.

DownTownNY is offline Banned
    i love when the gym is packed i cant use anything i want!!!!!!!!!!!
    itz great!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah the month of january is the worst time at the gym. the month before spring break comes in second.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I love the new years resolution crowd. They subsidize the gym for me by signing up for two years and only coming for one month. Think of what a membership would cost if these people paid month to month and then the overhead fell on 80-100 regulars

Tygerflex is offline New Member
    Try living in Alaska, the gym is packed from Sept to March! From April to Sept. it's like a morgue in the gym.

I train in the morning from 6:00 a.m. till 8:00 a.m., seems to be a different type of person in the a.m. The evening crowds is more Gen X or Y or WXYZ or whatever they are called these days and the place is packed.....

Anyway headed to the gym.......

Yeah, this is the first time I've used the Bowflex, and only for the month of January. I'm going again tonight. I'll let you know how it goes this time.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i mean of course the resolutioners are annoying (most of them are gone by now anyways).............but its definlity not going to stop me from going to the gym..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Explosive215 is offline Associate Member
    those old dudes in their 70's at the gym are great. I have a few ones at my gym that could probably woop my ass! One of them is always wearing gardening gloves and one of those see through T-shirts. Funny looking creature....

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    It sucks yes, but i'll be ****ed if i use it as an excuse to not move some weights in the gym.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Bowflex?!?! lmao my grandmama uses that thing.

And I bet it doesn't do her much good! That thing truly is a piece of crap. I've been training on it all month, and while I get a decent pump from it, there's nothing like free weights and "real" gym equipment.

I trained legs at the gym for the first time since December two days ago and I can barely ****ing walk. That bowflex didn't do **** for me in the way of conditioning. I figured I'd be okay going heavy the first day back since I'd been "training" on the bowflex. Man, I feel like I got hit by a ****ing freight train.

BTW, you guys are right, that's a bull**** ass excuse not to be at the gym.

Thread Information