Angel of death is offline Senior Member

Move away from the damn dumbell rack

Most annoying shit ever. I just get done with a grueling few sets of lunges and my legs are burning, I am walking the dumbells over to the rack. And some 16 year old skinny ass kid is doing curls right up against the rack, staring at himself in the mirror. I am just so sick of this shit, it happens all the time. You can't take a few steps back? He has his headphones on, I dont even waste a second I just plop the dumbells right by his feet. I go to do something else and hear him when hes finished with his set say to his friend "what the **** that guy just leaves them here", so I turn around and grill the kid hard. He looks the other way and walks away with his friend.God damn kids.

MR_T is offline Member
    haha yeah I use my 'angry black guy stare' to scare them away from the rack

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Lmao, it happens to all of us, just the same, and yeah i hate it to, that and the guys that only go to the gym because of all the mirrors, they spend the whole time flickin there hair......uggggg

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I stand in front of the rack usually.
    edit: i did it today actually but it was in front of a barbell rack, best part is i wasnt even using them.

Wally.....lol

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    "Angry black guy stare." Is that like a super power or something?

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    A better question is, why are you doing lunges with the same amount of weight that the skinny 16 year old can curl? I mean, if he was in your way you are obviously using similar weight, right?

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i always stand in the way of racks and shit curling my 2.5kg bells.

and what the **** you *****s going to do about it
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    A better question is, why are you doing lunges with the same amount of weight that the skinny 16 year old can curl? I mean, if he was in your way you are obviously using similar weight, right?
    Not if he was using the lower rack.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i stand in front of the rack occasionally......only when it's too ****in crowded for me to step back between any benches though....but that's like everyday i'm in there

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Not if he was using the lower rack.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    he pays just as much money to be there as you...

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i stand close and fart a lot
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i use the rack all the time

but my gym is empty. its all old ppl on the eliptical.

so i dont have to worry about anyone else wanting to use it

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    i stand close and fart a lot
    I actually fart on machines inbetween sets so that some acehole doesnt jump in. The only problem is that it has little to no effect on old people because the sense of smell is one of the first senses that goes as a person approaches old age.......

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    The worst is when I'm doing dumbell presses or rows. I got 120's and I have to just stand there and hold them while some skinny dude is deciding whether to curl 20 or 25lbs. Sometimes I'll just bump the dumbells into them. Usually gets them to move

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^ You guys are pricks... lol

I tend to use w.e. i want whenever...

One time, i was being real nice about it, and this guy had the incline bench and was doing a press, i just asked when he was done could i have it...

He jumped up and handed it right over...

I kinda felt like a dick for a sec... Anyway i finished my sets, and he came back around and got right back on and finished his set...

I was laughing my ass off... I was being real nice about it to, not trying to intimidate him or anything...

Blog Entries
    thats why i stoped going to the gym and work out at home.too many teenagers hoging all the benches and shit.i do miss the hot chicks though. im thinking of going back, ive heard the gym is under new managment and has taken all the hardcore equip and freeweights and moved them downstairs for powerlifting/bbing so all the regular peeps dont get intimidated when we grunt and drop weight and stuff.yee f-en haww.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    thats why i stoped going to the gym and work out at home.too many teenagers hoging all the benches and shit.i do miss the hot chicks though. im thinking of going back, ive heard the gym is under new managment and has taken all the hardcore equip and freeweights and moved them downstairs for powerlifting/bbing so all the regular peeps dont get intimidated when we grunt and drop weight and stuff.yee f-en haww.
    we had one of those at one time. It was pretty gay.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR! Not only do they get in the way of the dumbbell rack, they block my vision of myself in the mirror if I'm doing a set of standing curls and they're in front of me

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    What's this supposed to mean?

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggaman View Post
    we had one of those at one time. It was pretty gay.
    lmao....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death View Post
    Most annoying shit ever. I just get done with a grueling few sets of lunges and my legs are burning, I am walking the dumbells over to the rack. And some 16 year old skinny ass kid is doing curls right up against the rack, staring at himself in the mirror. I am just so sick of this shit, it happens all the time. You can't take a few steps back? He has his headphones on, I dont even waste a second I just plop the dumbells right by his feet. I go to do something else and hear him when hes finished with his set say to his friend "what the **** that guy just leaves them here", so I turn around and grill the kid hard. He looks the other way and walks away with his friend.God damn kids.

Oh crap bro, that was you who left them by my feet today??

When I go ultra heavy with those 35's I can't move too far away or I risk not being able to put them back up.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    its just common courtesy to step back and be a respectable distance away from the dumbbell rack after you get your weights. treat others how you'd want them to treat you. im surprised people need to be taught the basics of proper human behavior. i think the biggest problem I have is people taking weights off the dumbbell rack, take them clear across the gym, then leave them there when finished. So you have to go dumbbell hunting all over the gym for your weights.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    The gym i go to is total respect and proper gym edicate, It is usually ocupied buy a few serious indaviduals, you get one chance, one warning and after that your gone, It really helps to focus and get a good workout, expensive but worth every penny.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I go through this BS all the time at my gym....my mirror space is encroached upon by some fukkin newb!!! Sometimes I'll ask them to move and sometimes I just say whatever....I can come across as a little hostile or intimidating sometimes and the last thing I want is to get into a brawl with some little prick and get tossed from my gym...but I'll say this...its up to us older more experiences guys to teach these kids proper gym ettiquette....because if nobody does then nothing changes. If the kids are smart then they will be receptive and actually appreciative..if they are assholes..then they are assholes...

Actually i remember starting out in a gym, in those days (and i'm not that old) they were not your fancy shining places like today, they were usually in a basement, they smelled of sweat and there were just the basic but good heavy equipment. I made the same mistakes, once i got the nerve up to join (they were intimidating places when you were a kid), i didn't put the weights back, i stood right in front of the mirror, etc etc. After doing this for about 20mins i remember a big BIG bloke comming over and saying he didn't like having to take my weights off or pick them up!!! I said yes sir (damn right i said Sir to this monster) i will stop doing that!!! and i didn't do it again, no one spoke to me at that gym again for about a year (i kept out of the way, did my training, i was not going to stop), then i was accepted, part of the culture so to speak. It seemed then you had to earn your place and the big guys respect through hard work and good ettiquette.
    Seems today everything is a lot easier, i don't know, but i do miss those places

Ramble ramble ramble lol
    Last edited by Older lifter; 10-05-2008 at 05:32 AM.

stpete is offline Banned
    Dude never answered my question.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    I hate the kids at my gym. They hang out in groups of 8 or more and just take up ****ing space. If one is using a machine the rest will sit and lean on everything around that one machine and jabber back and forth. Aren't gyms supposed to keep an eye on this kind of shit? I'd consider saying something but I don't think any of them speak english.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I was at the gym like an hour ago and I was doing curls in front of the rack and this thread popped in my head so I took a couple steps back

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death View Post
    i need to stand in front of the mirror to see if i am making progress and im not that skinny pal

binder is offline Member
    i hate that shit too....courtesy. Most people at the gym I attend (well, the main one that sponsors my competitions) are pretty decent but there's some choads that just don't have courtesy. When i see someone coming to the rack, light weight or not, i make sure i'm not in their way so they can put them up.

burt66 is offline New Member
    "Angry black guy stare." Is that like a super power or something?
    hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I was at the gym like an hour ago and I was doing curls in front of the rack and this thread popped in my head so I took a couple steps back
    It's WORKING.....lol

joescobra03 is offline Junior Member

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR! Not only do they get in the way of the dumbbell rack, they block my vision of myself in the mirror if I'm doing a set of standing curls and they're in front of me
    dont even make me bump the old threads of u back up.

Thread Information