solid-d is offline Member

Thinking of joining the Army reserves..Anyone do this?

Im thinking of joining the army reserves.. I dont want to go Irac though.. Who has done this and what was your experince?

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    then dont join..... you will get deployed.

decadbal is offline Banned
    ask and ye shall recieve.. my exp with those shiitbags is this, weekend warriors, fat lazy useless nothings who talk big, but dont do jack shiit.. i hate them ,everyone in the real army hates them, and by joinin the ranks of thme your shiitbag status goes way up. you asked

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    ask and ye shall recieve.. my exp with those shiitbags is this, weekend warriors, fat lazy useless nothings who talk big, but dont do jack shiit.. i hate them ,everyone in the real army hates them, and by joinin the ranks of thme your shiitbag status goes way up. you asked
    I could not disagree more. If you wanna join, then by all means do it. It's more than I can say for myself. Anything you wanna do to help the country is admired by myself as well as most, if not all, Americans.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Solid-d I admire the fact you're considering reserve service. You stated you don't want to go to Iraq (which is understandbable). What are your reasons for wanting to join?

Quote Originally Posted by solid-d
    Im thinking of joining the army reserves.. I dont want to go Irac though.. Who has done this and what was your experince?

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i would seriously consider a different branch- like AF reserve or even guard...
    i think it all really boils down to the job you choose/ get stuck with depending on your asvab scores. if youre in a ****ty carrer field, you'll be surrounded by ****ty people.. i.e. if you hand out towels in the gym, youre probably going to be around people who are planning on not going anywhere- know what i mean

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    DO NOT LISTEN TO RECRUITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Talk to military guys who are in or have been in and especially talk to veterans…
    I am a combat vet from the 1990 gulf war (active duty) and I would suggest if you have ANY reservations about going you should not go right now. I was not thrilled about going to war and I really was not that thrilled about being shot at and shooting back. Once you have seen a dead body you change (it is like a loss of innocence and a loss of your sole). I personally do not want any of my children going into the military and I do not encourage joining. However, people have to make their own decisions
    Last edited by Fat Guy; 01-28-2005 at 03:49 PM.

singern is offline Banned
    Joining any branch of military service is the greatest honor you can offer the nation. I salute you.

Well I want to join cause I want to be a police officer and that will greatly help me, since I have been arrested before.... Also I want to be a MP(military police).. Not sure on the requirments for that...

Syndicate is offline Associate Member

Exclamation

As it might seem arogant, becoming a Sp (AF) or Mp (army), is the easiest job to get. Althou if you chose that career field, YOU WILL GO TO IRAQ. Consider that, seriously now. Dont go the police route. You might think its cool, yet do you really want to guard a building for 12 hr shifts 5 days a week? Or drive around a base patrolling? If your serious, go to a recruiter and ask to take the ASVAB just to see your score, no commitment. Then see what jobs your able to take. Worst case scenerio go open electronics or something like that. Never go in just generally open.

-Syn

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    F*ck no.

Ain't makin' me a f*cking robot that takes orders.

It ain't my battle to fight, I didn't start sh*t.

Send Bush's ass over there since he likes to run his f*cking trap so much.

~SC~

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Alot of people have the right idea here im active marines and all the reservist are getting activated if you join you will get activated no doubt about it. Also being an MP is not the the best way to to be a cop afterwords cause they are 2 different law system military uses the UCMJ differnt articles so if your going to join the law enforcment just join the school my brother is doing the same thing he was going to join but i told him no. As for me i dont really like the military to many games and rules to go by you cant really be yourself just my 0.02

what school are you talking about? is it in the military?

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    F*ck no.

Ain't makin' me a f*cking robot that takes orders.

It ain't my battle to fight, I didn't start sh*t.

Send Bush's ass over there since he likes to run his f*cking trap so much.

~SC~
    Didnt you see the jumbo jets kill 1,000s of American citizens? Didnt you hear about American prisoners having their heads cut off? Running your mouth is one thing, but mass murder of innocent people is another. Not to mention they probably wouldnt take you with that gnarly scar on your knee

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal

I kinda agree with Deca . I have not been in the army yet, but I have been considering it very seriously, and a lot of the people that are active duty really hate weekend warriors. But I mean I guess its just a decision you would have to make.

Good luck
    Alex

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I'm a weekend warrior except in the air force. I'd say if your gonna go reserves, go air force. I know a lot more people in the army guard/reserves who got activated. They are also over there for longer periods. Most the active duty people I went to basic with said they never knew about guard/reserve and wish they would've gone that route. I've been in a little over two years and I like it. Haven't gone over seas yet but going in July so maybe that will change my perspective. Good luck.

Im thinking of joining the army reserves.. I dont want to go Irac though..... ...Well I want to join cause I want to be a police officer and that will greatly help me, since I have been arrested before.... Also I want to be a MP(military police).. Not sure on the requirments for that...
    Bro, having not served, this is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth...

In my book the #1 reason for joining the military (full or part time) is to SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, everything else (education, opportunities, travel, whatever) comes second.

It's kind of like someone joining my fire dept so he can ride the cool red trucks, but he doesn't want to enter the burning buildings... bro if you sign on the dotted line you'd better be ready to make the ultimate sacrifice to your fellow man.

If your main reason for joining the military isn't above all serving your country, then may I respectfully suggest you look into another line of work.

Again this is only my opinion, no offence intended...

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Bro, having not served, this is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth...

In my book the #1 reason for joining the military (full or part time) is to SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, everything else (education, opportunities, travel, whatever) comes second.

It's kind of like someone joining my fire dept so he can ride the cool red trucks, but he doesn't want to enter the burning buildings... bro if you sign on the dotted line you'd better be ready to make the ultimate sacrifice to your fellow man.

If your main reason for joining the military isn't above all serving your country, then may I respectfully suggest you look into another line of work.

Red
    Kudos man, kudos,,,, thats the way I think about it also...

Good post
    Alex

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red

That doesnt have to be the main reason. The services have a lot of great opportunities. They can further your education, cover your medical and dental, they feed you, clothe you, and pay you to serve your country. Granted I joined to serve my country, but a lot of guys who I have talked to joined for various reasons. IMO it doesnt matter why you join, as long as you do your job to the best of your ability and dont get me killed.

Kool_Keith is offline New Member
    I spent 8 years in the Army Reserves and at the time it can be challenging but I loved it, and it does instill pride in doing something good for your country and it did help me become a cop (I no longer am). I would go back but cant due to criminal record. Being an MP is different but police departments look at the discipline you get from being in the military and the thought process you adapt. Being an MP does not give you a better advantage than any other job IMO. I received a lot of cool training and went to tours and missions out of coutry even being in the reserves, i would recommend it. The guy was right about not to believe your recruiter though. Last thing, if nobody joined our military because they were against the war or our president, its their opinion. But because of the men and women who have served and who are now serving for our country they are allowed to express that opinion. If we don't join and support our country we wont be the super power we now are and we will all speaking Arabic in the future (IMO).

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Dude, I just got out of active duty in the Army and just got back from Iraq, so if you want info, I can provide some.

First, if you've had troubles with the law, good luck getting into the military, especially the air force, the military doesn't want people with records, the army would probably work with you, though. Also, the AF is flush with recruits and are downsizing their active force for now.

Second, you join the army, you're going to Iraq, don't kid yourself. These days, you've got to know what you are getting into.

Third, MP's are douche bags man. Seriously, everyone hates them, believe that. And being an MP may even hurt your chances of getting into civilian police work, or so I've heard.

It sounds more like you are thinking of joining to benefit you and not out of some patriotic sense of duty...fine, nothing wrong with that, but now is not the time to play that game, you hear? There's some serious stuff goin on out there and there's lots of other ways to pay for college.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Did a two-year active duty stint, and six years in the Army reserves. I'm completely out, and have been for almost two years. It was a good decision for me. :spudniklu

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I have to echo....if you join the reserves you can BET you are going to Iraq. If you don't want to fight in this war, this would not be the time to go.

Depending on your record, going into the military is not the only way for you to become an officer. How old are you? Are you in college? Have you looked into your local police/sheriff dept to see if they have a reserve program?
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Im 25 years old... Not in college... I dont think I can get in the local PD with my record, and without military experince..

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Im 25 years old... Not in college... I dont think I can get in the local PD with my record, and without military experince..
    Military experience is NOT going to wipe away your record. Im in the Navy and I am also a LEO. Went through the process and while they like the experience and maturity you develope in the military, they are not going forgive the record because you are coming out of the military.

I don't know what your record is so I can't say for sure. If you are talking felonies....doesn't matter what kind of military service you have AND you probably won't get in the military anyway. If they are misdemeanors...you may be able to do both depending on how many, seriousness and how recent they were.

Bottom line....you are taking a a chance of going to Iraq, esp if you become an MP. If you don't have a problem with that...for forward and do what you have to do.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

gotagetbig is offline Associate Member
    Dont join if you dont want to fight. Too many people join the military for a free ride to college, free insurance, and various other reasons. When you join the U.S. military your putting your life on the line. Your joining to serve the United States. It doesnt matter if your a republican or a democrat. Thats your job. If you dont want to go to Iraq then dont join. You cant just quit when you get tired of it or if they send you somewhere you dont want to go. I feel bad for all the soldiers over there who are trying to do their job and they are surrounded by a bunch of people who joined for the wrong reasons. If you were being shot at and the guys around you all joined to get money for college, how safe would you feel?

Thread Information