sooner45 is offline Member

Depressed in Dallas!!!! Any Help????

Hey guys, sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I guess I'm just a little down in the dumps right now! Just moved to a new town a few months ago, along with a new job, so most of my week is dedicated towards 50-60 hours of work! Its a "sales job" so I have to put a lot of hours in at first. Well I put so much time in to my job that I really havent had time to go out and make friends. I mean I've met some cool people at work(guys mostly), but thats about it. So by the time the weekend comes all I want to do is lounge and re-coop the whole weejend from the previous work-week. (As I'm doing now on a Saturday night! by myself! haha!) Anyway, I do go out some but I just dont know how to find that special someone to spend time with, talk to, etc. I'm not being cocky, but I work out, and consider myself a good looking guy, I'm not as ripped as some of you bro's, but you certainly cant tell in jeans, and shirts, I'm just 5'10", 190ibs, so its not like I'm a huge fat-ass! I like to believe I''m a genuine, honest, down to earth southern guy, and when I go out I'm not looking for the one night stand. I guess what I'm saying is I dont know what to say to girls when I'm at a bar, in the gym, etc. I'm a VERY outgoing guy, but just not to people I dont know. I'm too shy to just walk up to some girl and say, well whatever it is you need to say to a girl. I always think I'm gonna come off as the guy who's just wanting to hook up, and I'm HONESTLY not looking for that. I just want to meet a genuine girl as me, likes to have fun, hang out, share hopes, dreams, etc. I guess I just dont know what to say to them, or how to be more sociallable when I'm out. All I do during the week is bust ass at work and in the gym, so I pretty much have no social life during the week, and MOST of the time on the weekend. I do go out every now and then, but mostly with co-workers. Anyway, sorry for the long rant guys, just wanting to meet a good girl who shares the same interests I do. Any ideas??? LADIES PLEASE CHIME IN AS WELL!!! Thanks for listening guys! Sorry.......

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I think the key word here is you are too shy. However, you can overcome that with time.

To meet a nice girl to spend time with and you both share the same interests, you need to go to places where you like to spend time at. I understand from what you wrote that you are not "the typical bar guy". In this case, I wouldn't recommend you meet a girl at a bar. Instead, you can join some group classes in your gym like cardio classes, even if you don't need to do cardio, and you will get the chance to meet some good girls there. Also, I found that you can meet many nice girls in yoga classes (Girl love yoga). In my school gym, there are always groups for volleyball, swimming, soccer, yoga, cardio, dancing and the list is endless and there are plenty of hot and nice single girls looking for good friends.

If you can join a decent school gym, then go for it and you will not regret it. It is from my personal experience. Good luck bro.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I went through this when I was divorced I lived in a college town and was there from mid to late 20s so I was out of the college thing but not settled, kinda floating around. If I had it to do over again I would have shopped (yes shopped) for a church that fit my values and joined the singles group. Those are the type of girls I wanted and needed but I was working too much and there wasn't a good source for the dating pool. I didn't have the time or opportunity to meet the right women.

In short......... if you are mildly religious find a thriving church.

Hey good advice, thanks guys! Alex, I didnt mean I'm not the "bar" type. I am, I love to go out and have a good time, just dont exactly know what to say to a gal in the gym or a bar or whatever, to try to get to know her but not come off as though I want to take her home from a one stand. Thanks guys!! Any ladies got any advice???

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I was feeling the same way for a while. I met my man by chance at a body building show. He got my attention by being sweet and attentive (gets us every time) and ws a total gentleman.

The advice given was good. Get out and get involved in things you are interested in. Keep your eyes open until you find someone you are interested in and then approach her and say hello. I'm not the most forward person.....esp if I am interested in someone....I have to force myself. You can do it.

Good luck . You'll be fine.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    What I meant is that since you are a shy guy, it would be much easier to approach her in gym or church than in a bar. The reason is that you will meet the same girls regularly in the gym classes which is not possible in the bars. So when you find some interesting girl, you know that you will meet here again and again. First time just find a reason to talk to her. For example, ask her where did she get her shoes or earrings or anything that looks nice on her but never compliment her looks (she will think you are trying to pick her up) and tell her you want to get something similar for your sister's b-day (that will show how you are close to your family which they like too) and that will break the ice. Next time go a bit earlier before the class and when she comes just go and talk to her as you know her for 10 years and make sure you make her laugh. Women enjoy good laugh. If you feel she is your type, then call her out and your story starts here

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    You might consider going to beauty school and becoming a hairdresser. You'll be around all sorts of women all day long . . . and you'll get paid to run your fingers through their hair, and when you're finished doing their hair, you'll get invitations to do the rest of 'em somewhere else . . .
    Too much for me, though . . . I gave up cosmetology and went to barber school. It takes a lot more work to make a woman look good than it does a guy -- 15 minutes with a clipper, and boom, a guy looks great. But man oh man, 15 minutes with a woman and you're just starting--ugh.
    Anyway, that's another way to meet lots of women . . .
    -Tock

HAtkins5 is offline New Member
    I lived for 20 years in Dallas, If you want to know good places to go with quality women send me a pm and I will give ya a list.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Bottom line is you need to go out more. I know your career is important but so is your well being. You will not meet anyone sitting at home by yourself on a Saturday night. Go out and meet some women!!!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Hey guys, sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I guess I'm just a little down in the dumps right now! Just moved to a new town a few months ago, along with a new job, so most of my week is dedicated towards 50-60 hours of work! Its a "sales job" so I have to put a lot of hours in at first. Well I put so much time in to my job that I really havent had time to go out and make friends. I mean I've met some cool people at work(guys mostly), but thats about it. So by the time the weekend comes all I want to do is lounge and re-coop the whole weejend from the previous work-week. (As I'm doing now on a Saturday night! by myself! haha!) Anyway, I do go out some but I just dont know how to find that special someone to spend time with, talk to, etc. I'm not being cocky, but I work out, and consider myself a good looking guy, I'm not as ripped as some of you bro's, but you certainly cant tell in jeans, and shirts, I'm just 5'10", 190ibs, so its not like I'm a huge fat-ass! I like to believe I''m a genuine, honest, down to earth southern guy, and when I go out I'm not looking for the one night stand. I guess what I'm saying is I dont know what to say to girls when I'm at a bar, in the gym, etc. I'm a VERY outgoing guy, but just not to people I dont know. I'm too shy to just walk up to some girl and say, well whatever it is you need to say to a girl. I always think I'm gonna come off as the guy who's just wanting to hook up, and I'm HONESTLY not looking for that. I just want to meet a genuine girl as me, likes to have fun, hang out, share hopes, dreams, etc. I guess I just dont know what to say to them, or how to be more sociallable when I'm out. All I do during the week is bust ass at work and in the gym, so I pretty much have no social life during the week, and MOST of the time on the weekend. I do go out every now and then, but mostly with co-workers. Anyway, sorry for the long rant guys, just wanting to meet a good girl who shares the same interests I do. Any ideas??? LADIES PLEASE CHIME IN AS WELL!!! Thanks for listening guys! Sorry.......
    I am moving to Dallas in March, let me show you how to roll like a pimp son...

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I am moving to Dallas in March, let me show you how to roll like a pimp son...

Haha, let me know Bro! You moving for work????

Haha, let me know Bro! You moving for work????
    I am graduating in March and am moving just to see what i can accomplish by starting all over, i do have family there and i also lived in Garland/Dallas back around 90-91. I am not into the club scene either but i am sure i can find a nice muay caliente momma to help me adjust to my new environment. I will be living in Kaufman, TX at first until i get on my feet and then i will move to either Garland or Richardson area. Maybe Mesquite?

9000rpm is offline Member
    I live in Addison too. I don't really have a problem getting laid,...........seeing that I'm married. But me and my wife are the only ones that are married out of all oour friends. You will meet and gather friends over time, especially in a city like Addison. Tons of stuff to do in this area. Do you go to 24 hour fittness or another gym? I frequent the one on the tollway/Beltline and also the one on Coit/Cambell for legs and chest days.

I do have this suggestion. I have several friends that have met people through match.com. My buddy has met TONS of women from there. And he says there are so many women in the north Dallas area that use match.com. It's worth a try.

You can pm me if you want. You can never have enough friends.

Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    I live in Addison too. I don't really have a problem getting laid,...........seeing that I'm married. But me and my wife are the only ones that are married out of all oour friends. You will meet and gather friends over time, especially in a city like Addison. Tons of stuff to do in this area. Do you go to 24 hour fittness or another gym? I frequent the one on the tollway/Beltline and also the one on Coit/Cambell for legs and chest days.

I do have this suggestion. I have several friends that have met people through match.com. My buddy has met TONS of women from there. And he says there are so many women in the north Dallas area that use match.com. It's worth a try.

You can pm me if you want. You can never have enough friends.
    Hey whats up my man! I have seen you around here before and never noticed you live in Addison! I go to the 24 hour on Beltline/Toll sometimes. I work in downtown so I mostly go to the one downtown but do hit the one up on belt-line sometimes. I have never thought about match.com! Dont you think that would look a little desperate?? haha I mean arent most people on there just on there cause they arent social, etc. I mean I dont know cause I've never been on there? Maybe their are some hotties on there! Who knows?? Thanks for the tips though my man!

9000rpm is offline Member
    Hey whats up my man! I have seen you around here before and never noticed you live in Addison! I go to the 24 hour on Beltline/Toll sometimes. I work in downtown so I mostly go to the one downtown but do hit the one up on belt-line sometimes. I have never thought about match.com! Dont you think that would look a little desperate?? haha I mean arent most people on there just on there cause they arent social, etc. I mean I dont know cause I've never been on there? Maybe their are some hotties on there! Who knows?? Thanks for the tips though my man!
    I thought it was a little desperate at first too. But if you think about it, they are most likely just like you. They are young and early in their career and have little time for waiting around in bars or other places to meet people. Or they don't like the bar scene. These websites are quickly becoming very popular places to meet. I think many people don't use it solely as a place to meet people. But they use it as a way to supplement the amount of people they meet from other places. But I do have about 4 friends that have met from there.

Worth a try. I've seen some pretty hot girls on there.

mista_liar is offline Associate Member
    trinity mills/miday 24hr dood!

If you can survive the dating "scandal" that Dallas is, every other place is like riding a tricycle bro! Dallas is a tough, fast paced town...work hard, lift hard, and play harder. Some negatives and some positives....$30k making milliionairs etc and women who think you automaticly owe them something JUST because they're talking to you!

I love Dallas, don't get me wrong, plenty to do, cool restaurants and gentlements clubs, but the dating scene is just kinda off. SO when you find a good girl, HANG ON YO

Maybe I'll cya in da gym bruda , good luck with the gurlie search....frequent Albertsons at Tollway/Frankford....lots of hotties in the area fo sho!

~pece

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, dont sweat it, a girl is gonna come along and hit ya right in the face (figuratively speaking) but, to be perfectly honest, i have a bunch of friends just like you, who just started their new jobs and dont have much time for the pimp game... ANSWER: on-line dating. It sounds corny but bro... some of my friends have met the coolest girls from this... give it a try!!

flyguycrew.com
    plentyoffish.com
    match.com
    date.com

good luck brova!!!

I am gonna hit up match.com & yahoo to supplement my street walking.

I am gonna be there next month, so all you punks better get what you can because once i arrive, all the pooh nannie is coming with me.

Thread Information