Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Monkeytown is offline Senior Member

Anyone ever dropped weight...

on themselves? I was doing close grip presses last night and my wrist got out of position and I dropped 235lbs about 10 inches onto my chest. Didn't hurt at first. Scared me more than anything. Well, it started hurting last night, I hardly slept and my ribs are killing me this AM. I wil prolly be nervous now anytime I bench or do closegrip presses.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    on themselves? I was doing close grip presses last night and my wrist got out of position and I dropped 235lbs about 10 inches onto my chest. Didn't hurt at first. Scared me more than anything. Well, it started hurting last night, I hardly slept and my ribs are killing me this AM. I wil prolly be nervous now anytime I bench or do closegrip presses.
    i dropped 260 on my chest and i bruised my ribs and ruptured a disk, granted my disk was already on the verge that barbell did the trick.. you have to be careful.oh and the reason why i dropped it was b/c i had already went to failure and my spotter neglected to pay attention and my arms just gave out

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i dropped 260 on my chest and i bruised my ribs and ruptured a disk, granted my disk was already on the verge that barbell did the trick.. you have to be careful.oh and the reason why i dropped it was b/c i had already went to failure and my spotter neglected to pay attention and my arms just gave out
    What a guy. Your spotter I mean.

I think my spotter was more freaked than I was. After we got it off and I got up he sat down and looked like he was gonna pass out. I had to laugh at him. I kinda lightened the mood by saying "what really sucks is that I didn't get those last 4 reps!!" haha

BDTR is offline Retired
    600 lbs on my chest.

I was feeling frisky.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    600 lbs on my chest.

I was feeling frisky.
    **** Bro, frisky indeed!! I felt like such an ass too. The first thing I did is get up and look around to see if anyone was watching. My fiance was about 30 feet away but didn't see it. Thank God, b/c she would have freaked. She is real weird about stuff like that. I guess she thinks I am fragile or something. Prolly woulda made me go home right after that. But instead I waited til we were leaving to tell her about it.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i was pullin off a plate from the sled machine (leg press) and it slipped out of my fingers dropped onto my toes. with shoes on. took my 2nd toe nail right off. hurt too. i shed a tear and cried on my friends shoulder for days.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I dropped 800lbs on my back squatting.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    i was pullin off a plate from the sled machine (leg press) and it slipped out of my fingers dropped onto my toes. with shoes on. took my 2nd toe nail right off. hurt too. i shed a tear and cried on my friends shoulder for days.

OMG, I did that last summer. I was stripping weight off the incline bench and wasn't paying attention. I had a 45 and 25 on one end. Grabbed the 45 and pulled it off. The 25 fell straight on my big toe. I had to get the nail removed and get 7 stitches, 4 in the nail bed itself. Needless to say that nail still isn't right, I don't that it will ever be.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    I have dropped a plate or two on the toes, but no serious dings. Have seen a few. Not trying to hijack, but have you ever seen someone get thrown from the leg press?

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    I dropped 800lbs on my back squatting.
    Did it roll off your traps and down onto your back? That had to leave a mark!

Quote Originally Posted by jc3
    I have dropped a plate or two on the toes, but no serious dings. Have seen a few. Not trying to hijack, but have you ever seen someone get thrown from the leg press?
    How do you mean?

BTW - your old avatar was MUCH better!

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    And the ever classic take the weight off one side and not the other......one barbell cartwheel coming up..lol

And the ever classic take the weight off one side and not the
    other......one barbell cartwheel coming up..lol
    I've done that, once in HS.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    I seen a kid come into my old gym...did cardio and jumped on the leg sled with a bunch of weight on it...undid the locks and he kinda slid up or something...next thing i know he is landing on his side next to the sled....just didn't unlock his knees or something and slid out...

BTW, I can handle a comment about my wife....but leave my dog alone...lol

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Did it roll off your traps and down onto your back? That had to leave a mark!
    It rolled down my traps and tore the skin.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Over the years I have dropped a 45lb on each big toe. OUCH! They both fell off.

I seen a kid come into my old gym...did cardio and jumped on the leg sled with a bunch of weight on it...undid the locks and he kinda slid up or something...next thing i know he is landing on his side next to the sled....just didn't unlock his knees or something and slid out...

BTW, I can handle a comment about my wife....but leave my dog alone...lol
    That had to look funny as hell.

Surely you don't want me to say your dog looks better than you wife?!

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Over the years I have dropped a 45lb on each big toe. OUCH! They both fell off.
    Your toes fell off?

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    "Surely you don't want me to say your dog looks better than you wife?! "

LOL........

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your toes fell off?

He's old and has leprosy..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    LMAO!!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    fuktards! My toe nails!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    fuktards! My toe nails!

Your cute when you get indignant....

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12

fuktards! My toe nails!
    You know we love you!! smoochiesmoochie

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Haven't dropped weight on myself as much as havin gotten stuck in the bottom position of a lift with no spotter for miles around.

Got stuck with the bar on my neck doing Bench Presses to the Neck (Throat Prones)... Watching that must've been hilarious...Got stuck in the bottom position of the Squat some years back..too deep to be assisted by a spotter...had to sit there till i built up enough energy to throw the weight off and lunge foward... That became a joke at my gym for a couple months... LOL..."Look it's Nark squatting"..then someone would proceed to demonstrate to the masses how one gets stuck in the bottom position of a squat... complimented with the moans an dpitiful expression.

Come to think about it...i've dropped weight on my toes and fingers at least twice..hurt like hell

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Haven't dropped weight on myself as much as havin gotten stuck in the bottom position of a lift with no spotter for miles around.

Got stuck with the bar on my neck doing Bench Presses to the Neck (Throat Prones)... Watching that must've been hilarious...Got stuck in the bottom position of the Squat some years back..too deep to be assisted by a spotter...had to sit there till i built up enough energy to throw the weight off and lunge foward... That became a joke at my gym for a couple months... LOL..."Look it's Nark squatting"..then someone would proceed to demonstrate to the masses how one gets stuck in the bottom position of a squat... complimented with the moans an dpitiful expression.
    Had a guy at my gym tell about these. Said they really help promote growth in the chest. True? I tried them one night and then never went back. Let me know and I will throw them in every now and then.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    I tipped the bar on a 225lb bench when i first started at the gym . pretty loud....and embarassing .

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I dropped 2 40 kg dumbells doing my last set of the day on the reverse incline bench, one hit my ribs, one my face! The one of the face, left a nice mark....

The funny thing is I had a spotter, he thought it was my first or second set, and it was my last after, bench pressess, inclines, flys and dips. The stupid a$$hole said come on one more rep, and I said no take it off, he was like nooooooooo one more setttttttttttt! My arms just shaked for a second and down the dumbells went......

got up, and slapped the stupid f@ck, not hard, like a mother son slap-something like don't be stupid again...

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    I dropped 2 40 kg dumbells doing my last set of the day on the reverse incline bench, one hit my ribs, one my face! The one of the face, left a nice mark....

The funny thing is I had a spotter, he thought it was my first or second set, and it was my last after, bench pressess, inclines, flys and dips. The stupid a$$hole said come on one more rep, and I said no take it off, he was like nooooooooo one more setttttttttttt! My arms just shaked for a second and down the dumbells went......

got up, and slapped the stupid f@ck, not hard, like a mother son slap-something like don't be stupid again...
    What a tool. Was this a buddy of yours or just some guy in the gym you asked to spot ya?

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I must be livin lucky - no horror stories. Although I do hate the noobs that drop there weights (way too close to me for comfort).

Had a guy at my gym tell about these. Said they really help promote growth in the chest. True? I tried them one night and then never went back. Let me know and I will throw them in every now and then.
    Yea... especially the upper chest..In fact my coach advised that i do em instead of inclines. The trick is to use a grip that's shoulder width...keep your elbows and hands inline with your shoulders... and if you do em lying facing the rack (as opposed to the usual bench press position), lower your hips so they're lower than the bench

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    a buddy I met at the gym , i was new to the gym, only been there for a cuple of months, so the dude thought I needed motivation, I found out later he's a priest

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i dropped 265 onto my chest doing close grip... my wrist was feeling awkward and i told my partner the set before..so when i was doing the 265 it still felt weird so i tried to make a quick adjustment to make it feel better and it came down.. luckily it didnt hurt at all..

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I got stuck under 315 a few years ago Bench Pressing and no one came to my rescue, I had to do the old side to side plate dump (I never use stops on the bar). I was more embarrased than anything else, but later in the day my intercostals and serratus were killing me. I think I tore some cartilige in the chest as well...it still acts up from time to time. I also had to roll 225 on the incline bench down over my hips after I failed in my last set with no one around...all went well until just before my hips...my pelvis was bruised after that!

I watched in horror one evening while a girl was doing dumbell pullovers...the dumbell came loose on one end and the plates fell off and smacked her on the forehead most solidly

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    a buddy I met at the gym , i was new to the gym, only been there for a cuple of months, so the dude thought I needed motivation, I found out later he's a priest
    Dam Br0!! You bitch slapped a priest?

I watched in horror one evening while a girl was doing dumbell pullovers...the dumbell came loose on one end and the plates fell off and smacked her on the forehead most solidly
    I am paranoid of this. Anytime I grad a dumbbell and the plates are loose I tighten them. Last thing I want is a face full of dumbbell plates.

Yea... especially the upper chest..In fact my coach advised that i do em instead of inclines. The trick is to use a grip that's shoulder width...keep your elbows and hands inline with your shoulders... and if you do em lying facing the rack (as opposed to the usual bench press position), lower your hips so they're lower than the bench
    Thanks Bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information