Explosive215 is offline Associate Member

Just got pulled over

Yup thats right, on my way home from my girlfriends house, its 11:40pm and I am 2 minutes away from home. I am very very tired. Then the Beautiful BLUE AND REDS START flashing in my mirror. When the officer came walking up first thing he said was "good morning." I looked over at the time, look back at him and say "Ummmm officer, its only 11:45" Officer: "Its morning!, Have you been drinking?! you were all over the road!!!" ME: "Was I really?" Officer: "Do you know the speed limit on this road?" Me: "yea 35" Officer: " You were going 50" Then i get really confused/mad ME: "ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! Was i really going 50?" looking at my speedo. Long story short, i was really tired/sick. They thought i was drunk/high, they felt me up searched me. gave me a 10 over ticket and let me go. AGGHHHH

Getting There is offline Junior Member
    fight it.....might not get you anywhere but I would try.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I got arrested for a god d@mn underage drinking ticket on Friday night... my band played a show an hour and a half away and I'd been drinking all night so I made our guitarist drive home.... long story short, he was speeding, we got pulled over and breathalyzed. I got cuffed and taken downtown to pay my $100 bail... and I have to go to court in a week to see how much more fukkin money I have to pay.

I don't see what the big deal is... in my sweet college town I know the cop would have been like "cool you have a designated driver... go home"

And what kind of jank-ass hillbilly town arrests people for this? Isn't it supposed to just be a citation?

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    The last time I got a speeding ticket, here's what I did.
    I called up that county's clerk of courts, told them I was in the military and wouldn't be able to make that court appearance, but I don't really want to just take the ticket, is there anything I can do?
    Most times the person at the clerk of courts, if they are cool, will be able to knock it down to say, 5 over or something. In my case, she knocked it down to a non moving violation and took over $100 off the fine and that doesn't go on your driving record either.
    Not bad for a 5 minute call.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya man that sounds like a good idea. i dont know if this works but i was told that u can send them like 10 dollars over what u owe for the ticket, and the court will send u the 10 dollar refund, but ur ticket wont go through until u cash there check, so if u never cash the check they will never send the ticket through or something like that..lol sounds kind crazy, but the guy swears he does it ALL the time.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    The last time I got a speeding ticket, here's what I did.
    I called up that county's clerk of courts, told them I was in the military and wouldn't be able to make that court appearance, but I don't really want to just take the ticket, is there anything I can do?
    Most times the person at the clerk of courts, if they are cool, will be able to knock it down to say, 5 over or something. In my case, she knocked it down to a non moving violation and took over $100 off the fine and that doesn't go on your driving record either.
    Not bad for a 5 minute call.
    i dont know if you are in the military or not, but if you aren't, that's pretty ****ed up. i know a lot of guys who would wail on you for lying about being in the military just to get out of a speeding ticket.

zuke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    ya man that sounds like a good idea. i dont know if this works but i was told that u can send them like 10 dollars over what u owe for the ticket, and the court will send u the 10 dollar refund, but ur ticket wont go through until u cash there check, so if u never cash the check they will never send the ticket through or something like that..lol sounds kind crazy, but the guy swears he does it ALL the time.
    i heard the same thing and just sent off an overpayment for a speeding ticket i got last week. i really hope it works.

in december i got pulled over two blocks from my g/f house. we had been at the bar and left because she was throwing a tantrum. i had a few drinks and so the cop gave me the fst, which i did fine on. they gave me the portable breathalyzer and said that i was over the legal limit. they took me to jail and gave me the real breath test and i only blew a .07. they still cited me for dui. the bad part is, i am in the military and the cop knew it. he tried being my buddy the whole time telling me that he was an air force reservist. thanks a lot pal.... gotta love the state patrol.

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    i heard the same thing and just sent off an overpayment for a speeding ticket i got last week. i really hope it works.

in december i got pulled over two blocks from my g/f house. we had been at the bar and left because she was throwing a tantrum. i had a few drinks and so the cop gave me the fst, which i did fine on. they gave me the portable breathalyzer and said that i was over the legal limit. they took me to jail and gave me the real breath test and i only blew a .07. they still cited me for dui. the bad part is, i am in the military and the cop knew it. he tried being my buddy the whole time telling me that he was an air force reservist. thanks a lot pal.... gotta love the state patrol.

It doesn't. :spudniklu
    http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    i dont know if you are in the military or not, but if you aren't, that's pretty ****ed up. i know a lot of guys who would wail on you for lying about being in the military just to get out of a speeding ticket.
    Hey Genius,

If you look at the picture, you'll notice the pants have a certain desert khaki/ camo look to them, I wasn't wearing them to look like a redneck. I agree, to say that if you aren't in the military is very disrespectful to veterans. Aint nobody gonna wail on me dude.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Hey Genius,

If you look at the picture, you'll notice the pants have a certain desert khaki/ camo look to them, I wasn't wearing them to look like a redneck. I agree, to say that if you aren't in the military is very disrespectful to veterans. Aint nobody gonna wail on me dude.
    I was just going to comment on the pants. Also looks like you are in a Q!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosive215
    Yup thats right, on my way home from my girlfriends house, its 11:40pm and I am 2 minutes away from home. I am very very tired. Then the Beautiful BLUE AND REDS START flashing in my mirror. When the officer came walking up first thing he said was "good morning." I looked over at the time, look back at him and say "Ummmm officer, its only 11:45" Officer: "Its morning!, Have you been drinking?! you were all over the road!!!" ME: "Was I really?" Officer: "Do you know the speed limit on this road?" Me: "yea 35" Officer: " You were going 50" Then i get really confused/mad ME: "ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! Was i really going 50?" looking at my speedo. Long story short, i was really tired/sick. They thought i was drunk/high, they felt me up searched me. gave me a 10 over ticket and let me go. AGGHHHH

I have the upmost respect for police officers, I feel its the most underpaid job in America.... BUT stories like this piss me off. For every good cop there is 3 bad ones. Sometimes its ethics, other times its procedure... in this case, the office was just a flat out asshole.

What exactly did the officer do that was wrong? Many times when we pull someone over and ask you ..... did you know what the posted speed was and how fast you were going.....we are looking to see if you are paying attention. For instance if you say "Officer, the limit was 35 and I was doing about 53, I was in a hurry and I was pushing it a little...." you are more likely to receive a lighter ticket than if you say you didn't know the speed limit or how fast you were going. IF you aren't paying attention to your surroundings and speed, what else are you not paying attention to.

In my town we generally only ticket when someone is 11 over the speed and many times will reduce the charged speed. We use traffic stops as an educational tool as much as possible.

And.....how much creative liscense is Explosive putting into this post?

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I have the upmost respect for police officers, I feel its the most underpaid job in America.... BUT stories like this piss me off. For every good cop there is 3 bad ones. Sometimes its ethics, other times its procedure... in this case, the office was just a flat out asshole.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    [QUOTE=Commando_Barbi]What exactly did the officer do that was wrong? QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing...nothing that he/she did that was out of line

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    What exactly did the officer do that was wrong? Many times when we pull someone over and ask you ..... did you know what the posted speed was and how fast you were going.....we are looking to see if you are paying attention. For instance if you say "Officer, the limit was 35 and I was doing about 53, I was in a hurry and I was pushing it a little...." you are more likely to receive a lighter ticket than if you say you didn't know the speed limit or how fast you were going. IF you aren't paying attention to your surroundings and speed, what else are you not paying attention to.

In my town we generally only ticket when someone is 11 over the speed and many times will reduce the charged speed. We use traffic stops as an educational tool as much as possible.

And.....how much creative liscense is Explosive putting into this post?
    Same here. I think if an officer/deputy pulls you over, you did something to warrant it. :spudniklu

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    [QUOTE=EastCoaster]I have the upmost respect for police officers, I feel its the most underpaid job in America....

wtf woulld we give a shlt about cops, they are keeping us from getting our stuff at anything near reasonable cost. They have no life, and hang out under bridges waiting to fvck with people.
    Sorry to offend anybody, just stating my view point, there are a few decent ones, but let them catch you with something and they become shlts.
    Last edited by goodcents; 02-02-2005 at 02:44 PM.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    huh? actually the officer did his job and was nice............ he could have written the ticket for 25mph over the limit. In some states that is a suspension of driving privileges.

You offend me.

You are bitching because police officers are enforcing the laws they were hired to enforce. Cops aren't writing laws making pro-hormones, steriods , etc illegal......that would come from YOUR elected officials.

There are a few cops on this board that are well respected members so think before you start typing.

[QUOTE=goodcents]
    I have the upmost respect for police officers, I feel its the most underpaid job in America....

wtf woulld we give a shlt about cops, they are keeping us from getting our stuff at anything near reasonable cost. They have no life, and hang out under bridges waiting to fvck with people.
    Sorry to offend anybody, just stating my view point, there are a few decent ones, but let them catch you with something and they become shlts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    huh? actually the officer did his job and was nice............ he could have written the ticket for 25mph over the limit. In some states that is a suspension of driving privileges.

Good point. I love that we have the ability to do that. It's a good tool to educate without seriously harming the individual (i.e. no liscense means it is hard to get to work, etc).

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Well... maybe its just the way I read it.

When the officer said "Good Morning" and He replied "Officer its only 11:40" Then the officer said "Its morning!"

I took that as him being an asshole... maybe he was trying to be funny? I dunno, I wasnt there.

Obviously I wasnt at the scene, but the officer said "You were all over the road"... i've had police officers say that to me, and I've hardly been all over the road.

Then the officer claimed he was going 50 in a 35... This could be 1 of 2 things

1. The officer lied, he wasnt really going 50. I've had police officers tell me I was traveling at a speed when I was 100% certain that I wasnt.

2. The officer is just a really nice guy because thats 15mph over the speed limit. Depending on the weather conditions, he could of really cracked your ass.

Pin and lable me how you want, but you dont know anything about me. I have respect for the law and its enforcers.

But I cant help but grin when I hear people on here say they are police officers, but they're projuice. It doesnt work that way, thats bad ethics.

Hmmmmm I wasn't labeling you or anything...and I can see how you would read it that way.

Also.....I don't hold the standard views on many of our laws. I feel that prostitution should be decriminalized and I also feel that some forms of drugs should be made legal.

Second...I'm natural....just because Im on this site does not mean Im using. I find it a good source for other related info (diet, training, etc.).

With all that said, I still get "paid" to enforce. I do what I have to do because it's what I do .

Peace.

Well... maybe its just the way I read it.

When the officer said "Good Morning" and He replied "Officer its only 11:40" Then the officer said "Its morning!"

I took that as him being an asshole... maybe he was trying to be funny? I dunno, I wasnt there.

Obviously I wasnt at the scene, but the officer said "You were all over the road"... i've had police officers say that to me, and I've hardly been all over the road.

Then the officer claimed he was going 50 in a 35... This could be 1 of 2 things

1. The officer lied, he wasnt really going 50. I've had police officers tell me I was traveling at a speed when I was 100% certain that I wasnt.

2. The officer is just a really nice guy because thats 15mph over the speed limit. Depending on the weather conditions, he could of really cracked your ass.

Pin and lable me how you want, but you dont know anything about me. I have respect for the law and its enforcers.

But I cant help but grin when I hear people on here say they are police officers, but they're projuice. It doesnt work that way, thats bad ethics.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I got arrested for a god d@mn underage drinking ticket on Friday night... my band played a show an hour and a half away and I'd been drinking all night so I made our guitarist drive home.... long story short, he was speeding, we got pulled over and breathalyzed. I got cuffed and taken downtown to pay my $100 bail... and I have to go to court in a week to see how much more fukkin money I have to pay.

I don't see what the big deal is... in my sweet college town I know the cop would have been like "cool you have a designated driver... go home"

And what kind of jank-ass hillbilly town arrests people for this? Isn't it supposed to just be a citation?
    never knew you could get a ticket for that ...lol

Thread Information