OSTIE is offline Senior Member

Help pickin out car...

Im about to take out another student loan to cover my winter and spring quarters for school. Im probably going to be taking out more than needed to buy a car, probably used. I really need a new one before the wisconsin winter hits, because I think I will get in a couple accidents with the car I have now. I have a 95 integra now, mechanically its great. I keep up all maintenance, but I try so many stupid things in the car, it visually looks like ****. Plus it has 130grand on it, so things are about to be going wrong.

Anyways, thinking about taking out an extra 15g's for a car. A couple requirements, it needs to be fairly quick, MANUAL trans, known for having long driving life, decent gas mileage. I would also prefer something with a turbo and all wheel drive. Ive been looking at 02 wrx's. This is on the top of my list so far. I was interested in Audi's, but they are so friggin slow (A4's) stock. I dont know if ill have enough money to modify anything within the next year.

Also on the list,

preludes
    maxima se
    rsx

What do you guys suggest and why?

Thanks,

-ost

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, how bout a www.s20004sale.com

I'll tellya, i test drove an 04' WRX sti this past weekend and all i can say is wooooah! I was really impressed with how fast it is and the handling. As soon as i sell my car i think thats what im getting. Good luck with whatever u pick!!

OG

decadbal is offline Banned
    get a viper...lol

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Im about to take out another student loan to cover my winter and spring quarters for school. Im probably going to be taking out more than needed to buy a car, probably used. I really need a new one before the wisconsin winter hits, because I think I will get in a couple accidents with the car I have now. I have a 95 integra now, mechanically its great. I keep up all maintenance, but I try so many stupid things in the car, it visually looks like ****. Plus it has 130grand on it, so things are about to be going wrong.

Anyways, thinking about taking out an extra 15g's for a car. A couple requirements, it needs to be fairly quick, MANUAL trans, known for having long driving life, decent gas mileage. I would also prefer something with a turbo and all wheel drive. Ive been looking at 02 wrx's. This is on the top of my list so far. I was interested in Audi's, but they are so friggin slow (A4's) stock. I dont know if ill have enough money to modify anything within the next year.

Also on the list,

preludes
    maxima se
    rsx

Thanks,

-ost

Bro, u have the sign of the devil....Ur post count is 666...

OG

Sage is offline Anabolic Member

Also on the list,

preludes
    maxima se
    rsx

Thanks,

-ost

hit me up in pm if ur interested....i own an auto dealership in Maryland and will get u the best deal on any car of ur preference. If we don't have it on the lot, we'll get it within one week....If ur in the area or close by u will not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    hit me up in pm if ur interested....i own an auto dealership in Maryland and will get u the best deal on any car of ur preference. If we don't have it on the lot, we'll get it within one week....If ur in the area or close by u will not regret it.

Gee thxs what am i chop liver...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Gee thxs what am i chop liver...

OG
    bro, u r more than welcome to try me out. Give me a chance and i will deliver the ride of ur choice. we even take clients to dealer's only car actions and u have the privilege to choose what u like...more details in pm if u r serious.

bro, u r more than welcome to try me out. Give me a chance and i will deliver the ride of ur choice. we even take clients to dealer's only car actions and u have the privilege to choose what u like...more details in pm if u r serious.
    I am serious, but i have to sell my car first. www.s20004sale.com

OG

OG, your ride is badass... I love those cars, push button start, 9000redline. If I was outta college and didnt have to worry about carting my friends around anymore, a S2000 would definately be on my list. How is the leg room in those things? Im 6'3. I always figured that I would look ridiculus in those.

SAGE, do you have any '02 or around there WRX Sedans in stick? If so how much are you asking?

Like i said, I probably will give myself 15g's to play with give or take.

BTW, dont know how many of you are rap fans, but did any of you see the Ciarra, Goodies video when she jumps in that chevelle? It looks pretty sweet, id love to roll to the clubs in that.

OG, your ride is badass... I love those cars, push button start, 9000redline. If I was outta college and didnt have to worry about carting my friends around anymore, a S2000 would definately be on my list. How is the leg room in those things? Im 6'3. I always figured that I would look ridiculus in those.

SAGE, do you have any '02 or around there WRX Sedans in stick? If so how much are you asking?

Like i said, I probably will give myself 15g's to play with give or take.

BTW, dont know how many of you are rap fans, but did any of you see the Ciarra, Goodies video when she jumps in that chevelle? It looks pretty sweet, id love to roll to the clubs in that.
    Thxs bro! ITs a fun car to drive. I love it, but its time for a bigger car. Im 5'11 205lbs and its just about right for me and my size. I have a friend whos 6'3 and he just fits in the passenger seat. Im not sure he could get behind the wheel though....

OG

MASStermind is offline Banned
    hey OG how much you asking for the S2000 i was looking for one last year but bought a Z3 instead.

MASStermind is offline Banned
    advince on the car. Dont get one. Drive the **** out your current one. You will regret the car decision very soon. I had a perfect good car, bought a luxury car, sold it in 6 months lost 5G and bought another luxury car. Trash, just aint worth it. Save your money bro. You will need 15G to start a business in the future. And college loan interest are over long periods, much longer than a car loan. I wish I had the 40G or so i've spent on cars in the last 2 years. I need it right now to start a business. Take my advice and be happy with what you have. If you really need a car buy a 2K junker until youre able to afford something nice and have a steady income. You never want to buy something on borrowed money when you dont even have the means to pay back the loan. Just my 2 cents do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MASStermind
    hey OG how much you asking for the S2000 i was looking for one last year but bought a Z3 instead.
    Hey bro, well....the blue book is around $25,000 and i have over $15,000 into it.....Id like to get around $28,000 if not more...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by MASStermind
    advince on the car. Dont get one. Drive the **** out your current one. You will regret the car decision very soon. I had a perfect good car, bought a luxury car, sold it in 6 months lost 5G and bought another luxury car. Trash, just aint worth it. Save your money bro. You will need 15G to start a business in the future. And college loan interest are over long periods, much longer than a car loan. I wish I had the 40G or so i've spent on cars in the last 2 years. I need it right now to start a business. Take my advice and be happy with what you have. If you really need a car buy a 2K junker until youre able to afford something nice and have a steady income. You never want to buy something on borrowed money when you dont even have the means to pay back the loan. Just my 2 cents do what you want.
    Thanks for the advice, my pops says the same stuff. Ill put pics of my car up to show the stuff ive done to it. But when im tryin to tell him is, how much its going to cost to get it up to par. The radiator has a hole in it. My AC idler wheel is broken because of a dumb incident. My tires are bald and my car is light along with the fact my abs sensor is FCKED up so i dont have abs (that combo is just askin for an accident in winter, especially since i live in city and have to drive downtown for school). I need new brake pads and rotors on the front which i have to change every friggin 2 years on my car. I have 130,000 miles on the original clutch. It will be going soon. Not to mention what else can go wrong at 130,000. Ive been lucky so far that nothing big as went, but its only time. AND when stuff starts goin bad on my car, I wont have the money on hand to get this stuff fixed.

This is why Im opting for gettin a newer car. I dont want to have to worry about constantly repairing a junker, especially since i drive a ton. Not to mention im one of those people who have a problem. I have to have atleast a decently respectable car with atleast alittle quickness. A car is like a significant other to me, lol, as I see it is for alot of you other car enthuisiasts on here.

I am serious, but i have to sell my car first. www.s20004sale.com

OG
    bro, i can offer my assistance to sell ur car if u r looking to quickly get rid of it and move on to the new one. I don't mean to park it and parade it on my lot, but throw it straight on the car action.......The thing is though, majority of dealers there are looking for plain stock vehicles and not modified, so if u r willing to undress it and sell it all as stock u will get much more money for it and still make some more on a side from selling rims and all the add-ons u have...BUT,if u r looking to sell the total package, local newspapers and classified are ur best bet.............Feel free to pm me with any questions about my business operation and etc..... or just chat about cars....i am a fanatic myself.

bro, i can offer my assistance to sell ur car if u r looking to quickly get rid of it and move on to the new one. I don't mean to park it and parade it on my lot, but throw it straight on the car action.......The thing is though, majority of dealers there are looking for plain stock vehicles and not modified, so if u r willing to undress it and sell it all as stock u will get much more money for it and still make some more on a side from selling rims and all the add-ons u have...BUT,if u r looking to sell the total package, local newspapers and classified are ur best bet.............Feel free to pm me with any questions about my business operation and etc..... or just chat about cars....i am a fanatic myself.

Thxs for the offer bro. Id much rather sell it as is, although i do have most of the stock parts. Down where i am there is a big market for cars like mine. I just made the web site for it and have been posting it on some of the car forums. I plan on trying ebay in the near future. If it doesnt sell atleast i can get an idea of what someones willing to pay for it and make a decision from there....

Thxs again for the offer...U maybe hearing from me.

OG

D@mn, after reading these mustang and other car threads and all the sh!t talkin that has gone on, i figured you car enthusiats would atleast have a couple suggestions for some vehicles to purchase around the price of 15g's

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    a prelude would be a pretty good choice, decently quick and very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    a prelude would be a pretty good choice, decently quick and very reliable.
    I agree, I have loved these for years, i would love to purchase a 2001 SH prelude.

I have pretty general knowlege of stock cars, but I do not have to much money to put into aftermarket performance so my info runs out. I need ur guys info. Out of of:

02 wrx
    98-02 a4 v6
    98-02 a4 1.8t
    02 maxima se
    99-02 prelude sh
    rsx type s

which outta these would u guys suggest to be the easiest and cheapest to modify. When I visited my cousin in CO, he had a very badass 1.8T. It was def. tricked out, but im lookin for more of a sleeper, especially since my **** would be jacked in a second where i lived if it "looked" fast or expensive.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree, I have loved these for years, i would love to purchase a 2001 SH prelude.

I have pretty general knowlege of stock cars, but I do not have to much money to put into aftermarket performance so my info runs out. I need ur guys info. Out of of:

02 wrx
    98-02 a4 v6
    98-02 a4 1.8t
    02 maxima se
    99-02 prelude sh
    rsx type s

which outta these would u guys suggest to be the easiest and cheapest to modify. When I visited my cousin in CO, he had a very badass 1.8T. It was def. tricked out, but im lookin for more of a sleeper, especially since my **** would be jacked in a second where i lived if it "looked" fast or expensive.
    maxima and the rsx are out cause the are slow and the rsx is soo uncomfortable. i think the prelude or the wrx. the subaru is by far the fastest already and anything else would take a lot of money to make it as fast as that. dont know about resale or anything like that though

Thxs for the offer bro. Id much rather sell it as is, although i do have most of the stock parts. Down where i am there is a big market for cars like mine. I just made the web site for it and have been posting it on some of the car forums. I plan on trying ebay in the near future. If it doesnt sell atleast i can get an idea of what someones willing to pay for it and make a decision from there....

Thxs again for the offer...U maybe hearing from me.

OG
    anytime bro and the offer is still on the table whenever u r ready.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    The WRX Sti is the best choice... ask OG.. I convinced his ass

u have a pm bro

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    I love my WRX STi.......... greatest car. But if you choose to go with the RSX get the Type -S, with about 4000 worth of work that thing will fly! The K-series motors from honda are very very receptive to aftermarket mods. I mean the AEM V2 Cold air intake on a stock type-s yields 19whp and jackson racing headers also yield an additional 19whp, thats pretty **** amazing(dyno proven on their respective sites). Get that a decent full exhaust and a turbo and intercooler and your looking at a car that will get low 12's in the QM.Youd be pushing around 370 hp at the crank in a car that weighs less than 2800lbs.......Talk about a sleeper, ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    The WRX Sti is the best choice... ask OG.. I convinced his ass
    U maybe glad to hear im looking at the new Mustang now Blown.... I love the new body style!! I'll probably test drive one this weekend...

OG

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    U maybe glad to hear im looking at the new Mustang now Blown.... I love the new body style!! I'll probably test drive one this weekend...

OG
    Now I won't snicker behind your back ...(hold out for the Cobra!!! )

U betta not be... Are they making the Cobra in the new body style..?

OG

get a neon and be done with ti

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Get one that has four wheels and a steering wheel.....oh yea, and an engine....that runs. See if you can get your hands on a Gremlin.....that is a pimp ride all the way! hahahahaha

DanDoola is offline Junior Member
    FLAME SUIT ON!

Get you a 96-97 Impala SS. Sure it's rear wheel drive, but such a heavy car shouldn't have too much trouble in the snow. I live in MI and see Crown Vics and Impalas getting around all winter. I know it's not on your list, it's not all wheel drive, and pretty much has absolutely nothing in common with the cars on your list.

That's just my .02 though.

And since you asked for it, you could get a 98-99 Camaro Z28/SS or Firebird/Trans Am for that price, and you'd be faster than the cars on your list. As far as winter driving goes, I drove my '99 Z28 through 3 winters without a problem. Just don't drive like a maniac and you'll be fine.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized I brought this thread back from the grave.

pontiac fiero baby

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    og you lucky git i love the s2000,i have a crx v-tec with 60 000 miles ,mint.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    I'd go with the Prelude personally. Meets your requirements.

DanDoola is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    pontiac fiero baby
    HELL YEAH! Then you'd be every chick that saw it.

How 'bout a Skyline. 300 hp, AWD, prolly gets good gas mileage, and reasonably priced at ONLY $90,000 (if you can find a dealer to import it to you that is)

Thread Information