WS6_KID is offline Associate Member

Anyone Live in HAWAII?

I'm thinking of relocating and wanted some feedback on what its like there currently. Its been a while since i've been...

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    I moved from hawaii 2 years ago... If thats not too long ago, what you want to know? I have friends still there. still paradise.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i think hawaii would b a great place to live! its a little expensive tho. i would love to move somewgere like that, i would surf all day everyday

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I moved from hawaii 2 years ago... If thats not too long ago, what you want to know? I have friends still there. still paradise.
    I want to know everything. I do real estate work and day trading, hows the real estate market there? (looking for a first hand view) How are the people? Weather? Girls? Is it difficult to recieve gear there?

Ill talk to my friend...he actually does real estate out there! What a coincidence. Well, are you white? White'ies can have it hard sometimes. Not all..i have some good local friends..but a lot of hawaiians are a bit threatening to white guys. If you get in good with neighbors and such and make local friends, its a lot better though. I dont think its all their fault though...a LOT of military there have been known to cause problems too at bars and such..so its half/half at fault. Surfing every day rocked! You know how we have hawaiian shirt day or whatever..well they wear that every day, and on fridays, they just leave at lunch time..haha! I used to work till 1pm every day and go to the beach every time waves were in. well they were always in, but later i stopped going when they were low and wait for bigger days. As for girls, i dont think local girls are that attractive. But its a tourist attraction and there are lot of pretty hot girls there for a week, then another goup the next week..hehe. U of H has some pretty good lookin girls. Good place to party...clubs are open till 4am. Great bars! Oh, north shore chicks are pretty hot. surfer girls. as for gear, I dont know. But hawaii is one of those places that really you can get anything really.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I used to live in Wainae on the west coast of Oahu. I hated it. The island is so god-d@mn small, you get claustrophobic. Native hawaiians and Japanese (85% of the population) don't take kindly to "whiteys" and everything is super-expensive. You'd have to pay me triple to leave Miami and go back there.

I'm mixed (white and black) But I look like a cracka. Thanks for all the feedback

someday is offline Member
    I just moved to maui about 4 weeks ago.....im still tryin to get a feel for it. If thers anything i can help you with let me know.

Some people do get claustrophobic...but i never felt it. It is a little expensive...but i dont mind paying more in living when i can do all the outdoor hiking/beach/ocean activities for free that take the place of all the expensive stuff i pay for in the DC area. I loved it and ill move back someday. perhaps not forever but for a bit. it totally is paradise. I still remember Dec 25th, 2001, surfin at dawn, and playin sand v-ball at 2pm.

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    I just moved to maui about 4 weeks ago.....im still tryin to get a feel for it. If thers anything i can help you with let me know.
    Where did you move there from? Hows the local job market, i'm gonna have to get re-licensed in Hawaii as a broker so in the mean time i'll need to rake in some dough....

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    What island are you looking at?

Lived on Maui for 6-7 years

Pops lives on Big Island many vacations there.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    I used to live in Wainae on the west coast of Oahu. I hated it. The island is so god-d@mn small, you get claustrophobic. Native hawaiians and Japanese (85% of the population) don't take kindly to "whiteys" and everything is super-expensive. You'd have to pay me triple to leave Miami and go back there.
    Well no ****, you lived in Waianae! I don't cross through that area of town unless I feel like playing the Hawaiian version of Rusian Roulett. Anyway, I lived there for 2 years, and I dug it. Hit me up for any questions.

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    I am in Hawaii in Big Island, anyone with good connections could send me an email. Marc

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Angelo
    I am in Hawaii in Big Island, anyone with good connections could send me an email. Marc
    are you askin for a source... by by if u are

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Bye bye.

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    (parrot)bye bye

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    bye bye

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    No I am not asking for a source, just good nice people to be friends with or workout partner

Thread Information