MER
    MER is offline Member

MY F'N Cluth blew today

So I shifted into 1st as I was getting off the freeway and I felt a pop and smelt a burning. I could'nt shift after that. Car turns on just fine but doesnt shift...I was told chances are my clutch is gone. Anyone know a ballpark of how much this is gonna cost? 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse in Cali...

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends if they gotta take out the engine to drop the transmission or not. My guess is yes, and thats about right for all new cars. Hours alone is whats going to kill you, not the part cost.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    i mean what do you think price wise its gonna cost? I was told anywhere from 400-700

Youre looking more in the 500-850 range.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Ha, im sayin over 1000, about 1100 for a FWD car.

i only paid 250 for my nissan altima clutch...and 250 for labor...somewhere like that...juss shop around...

Be Real is offline Banned
    you shifted into 1st as you were getting off the freeway????!!!!!! thats abou the easiest way to ruin your clutch. NEVER want to shift into anything past 2nd unless youre starting off. Easiest ways to wear out your clutch are to 1. ride the clutch
    2. shift into 1st from any speed other than a dead start
    3. start your car from 2nd gear repeatedly instead of 1st.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    mine was 150 at autozone, 96 cavy, fwd, cause well knew the guy, and my dad and me put it in ourselves, as well as replaced my whole engine cause i blew it too, but i had a free one that came with my car suckah~

MER
    MER is offline Member
    When you say ride the clutch you mean hold the clutch down while decreasing speed? I just learned how to drive a clutch 2 years ago and don't know the rules...hehe

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    That blows man.. My buddies 2001 civic just blew too lol.. cept his clutch plate got grinded up and went into his tranny and then blew a hole in the side lol...His clutch cost him around 350 CA then 300 for the work

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MER
    So I shifted into 1st as I was getting off the freeway and I felt a pop and smelt a burning. I could'nt shift after that. Car turns on just fine but doesnt shift...I was told chances are my clutch is gone. Anyone know a ballpark of how much this is gonna cost? 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse in Cali...

my only advice is not to buy a mitsubishi again hahahaha. they are poor quality like most chrystler products.. as far as price you are looking at anywhere from 400-1200$

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Man, I was about to buy some presents for myself too. Oh well I just paid 95 bucks for a hour of diagnostics....they will give me the full quote later today. Anyone know a site that has info on how to properly treat your manual tranny? Heh seriously I think I must be too hard on it.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MER
    Man, I was about to buy some presents for myself too. Oh well I just paid 95 bucks for a hour of diagnostics....they will give me the full quote later today. Anyone know a site that has info on how to properly treat your manual tranny? Heh seriously I think I must be too hard on it.

95$ for diagnostics??? **** you might as well bend over and hold on.. that is rediculous but it is cali.. anytime you can do it yourself. then do it! save a ton of $$

hung dont you drive a jeep?

Anyone know a site that has info on how to properly treat your manual tranny?
    do a search on google....just like type in your problem...usually u should find somthin useful

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Just did my eagle talon.. 650 for a stock one bro... Not sure on the Cali Price though.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Well I got the bill today...4 day job costing 943.02 total. Oh my god I wasn't ready for this bill. But at least they gavce me a loaner...

Thread Information