Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Be Real is offline Banned

Handgun: Taurus PT-111 Millenium is it any good?

Just put a deposit down on this handgun to add to my arsenal. Going to carry it on me in a hidden waist holster. Anyone know if this gun is any good? Here is a link

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

BDTR is offline Retired
    Aside from it being 9mm, its a pretty decent gun. But in the words of HK, "In a world full of comprimise, some men dont"

Be Real is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    i have seen on but never shoot it. it is made well and its nice and light.

Thats why I picked it was the size and weight. I'm going to be carrying it around so I cant have anything too conspicuous or heavy. Was just wondering about the quality and the accuracy as well as stopping power.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    It has a short barrel so I don’t know how accurate it will be. But being a 9mm that is more then enough stopping power

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Taurus is such a Baretta knock off. They shoot ok, but not even close to a baretta.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    this is like the new 9000s from beretta

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I wish we were allowed handguns in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I wish we were allowed handguns in Ireland
    Just rifles are allowed? or no guns period?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Just rifles are allowed? or no guns period?
    Just rifles and shotgun's, and it doesn't end there. I'd a seven month wait for a licence for my Ruger 10/22, I wouldn't even consider going bigger because I'd have to be sucking someone's nob for that!.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Taurus is like a generic brand...Id spend the extra money on something better...JMHO

OG

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Just rifles and shotgun's, and it doesn't end there. I'd a seven month wait for a licence for my Ruger 10/22, I wouldn't even consider going bigger because I'd have to be sucking someone's nob for that!.
    That sux! I live in cali, and I thought the laws were strict here, but jeez!

test is best is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Be Real
    Just put a deposit down on this handgun to add to my arsenal. Going to carry it on me in a hidden waist holster. Anyone know if this gun is any good? Here is a link

not very concealable and the trigger sucks.What is your arsenal?

cjp85 is offline Member
    They are ok, but I try not to step out of my ring of Glock, Sig, and HK. The Sprinfield XD's are very nice too.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    glock 26 is the best 9mm compact in quality and accuracy imo.........at the next gun show i will be getting one with a sound suppressor.............

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    glock 26 is the best 9mm compact in quality and accuracy imo.........at the next gun show i will be getting one with a sound suppressor.............
    You allowed to have sound suppressors? Over here you would get an assasination indictment + the illegal carrying of a firearm prosecution.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    You allowed to have sound suppressors? Over here you would get an assasination indictment + the illegal carrying of a firearm prosecution.
    waiting period is three months for sound suppressor to clear with all the paperwork, but yes, we are allowed to have them and dealers provide an adapter for the barrel to perfect fit.....…...

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Last edited by Gearhead007; 09-27-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Isn't Taurus the company who made the Raging Bull, or was that someone else.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Make sure if you do go that route, run it through its paces... fire at least 100-150 rounds and check out a few mags of your defensive ammunition you will carry it with. From my experience (twice) each taurus had to be sent back to the factory to be fixed within the break in of 100-150 rounds; and one was a .38 revolver. I have shot someone with a .25 as it was easy to carry and they keep coming, not even a good equalizer - so my advice would go .40cal or larger, just practice and sacrafice a few rounds for compactness instead of actual fire power itself.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    decent gun, but just that, decent...how about one of these....

cjp85 is offline Member
    The good old 9MM isn't a bad choice for defense, especially with newer bullet designs such as Gold Dots. That said, I own a 9, a 40, a 45, and a 357 with some other here and there calibers. What I like about the 9MM is the price for ammo, you can get a lot of practice in without having to spend as much as a 40 or 45. Handgun calibers are a Ford vs. Chevy type thing, but if you do your part, any will do fine. For anything over $400, I would look at these options:
    Glock:
    --Pros- Very simple design, few parts, cheap magazines, toughest finish I have ever seen, reliability, and high capacity. Glock also stands by their products and has great customer service.
    --Cons- So so trigger, and sometimes the grip angle can be odd.
    HK:
    --Pros- Decent trigger, known reliability, good grip, lifetime waranty, and good looks
    --Cons- Not great customer service, expensive magazines, voided waranty if taken apart by a non-armourer.
    Sig:
    --Pros- Very reliable, many configurations to choose from, great ergonomics if you have big hands, and great customer service.
    --Cons- Not the greatest finish, sometimes can be hard to find parts for.

I'm not a big fan of having a manual safety on my guns, but if you feel you need one go for it, but just don't depend on it. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and any of the pistols I listed will not go off unless you pull the trigger.

These are just what I would consider and why, but get what YOU want and what you can shoot the best. Good luck and keep it safe.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Be Real

taurus is junk imo, for the price and reliability and concealment look at

9mm- glock g19(great little gun) and springfield xd series

also these are good guns as well

.40- sig p229

45-- h&k usp, glock

- to be honest go to your local firing range and rent a few and see what you like, thats the only way to find what you are really looking for,.. whoever tells you 9mm is crap, they are full of ****. its all about shot placement. with lots of practice you would be a killing machine with any gun

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i love my tarus pt140 nice lil .40cal no problems with it yet and ive shot it tons of times

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    taurus is junk imo, for the price and reliability and concealment look at

9mm- glock g19(great little gun) and springfield xd series

also these are good guns as well

.40- sig p229

45-- h&k usp, glock

- to be honest go to your local firing range and rent a few and see what you like, thats the only way to find what you are really looking for,.. whoever tells you 9mm is crap, they are full of ****. its all about shot placement. with lots of practice you would be a killing machine with any gun
    Hung, did you end up gettin gun? I remember you were asking about some in a post a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Hung, did you end up gettin gun? I remember you were asking about some in a post a while back.
    its narrowed to a glock g19 and yes its a 9mm. i shoot like a pro with those things. and also a sig p229 .40, the main reason why i am deciding on the sig is b/c you can switch out barrels with a 357 sig auto.. 2 guns in one. but i do like the glock, it comes with the accessory rail, its light and easy to conceal. pretty **** accurate and extremely reliable.. oh yeah it holds 16 rounds too. put some sxt or corbon holllow points. i can put off 5 very accurate rounds in about 2 to 3 seconds and still have 11 more to go..... in the back of my mind i am thinking of a glock g36 .45, i like those really compact guns. they shoot well.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    My uncle a big Taurus fan, I recall his comments about how Beretta had the factory and Taurus took everything when the left from South America. They make a very decent weapon…

jbone30 is offline Associate Member
    If your looking for price go with hi-point I own one of these and never had one jam made in USA and a lifetime warranty lifetime...on anything The 9mm is about $100 dollars and they now have a 45 Some people say they suck but they dont own one Im looking to get the carbine this summer in camo

Quote Originally Posted by jbone30
    If your looking for price go with hi-point I own one of these and never had one jam made in USA and a lifetime warranty lifetime...on anything The 9mm is about $100 dollars and they now have a 45 Some people say they suck but they dont own one Im looking to get the carbine this summer in camo

no offence but high points suck ass! they are one of the worst guns ever made. you got lucky and bought one that wasnt a piece of ****. anyone else would have better luck throwing the **** thing at someone. imo

no offence but high points suck ass! they are one of the worst guns ever made. you got lucky and bought one that wasnt a piece of ****. anyone else would have better luck throwing the **** thing at someone. imo
    What about Llama's or a Jennings

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    The only thing taurus is good for is a paper weight. On the food chain of hand guns they are at the bottom. I would not trust my life with it.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    It’s no HK, but I wouldn’t call it bottom of the barrel. I held a pretty good grouping with my uncle’s Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    What about Llama's or a Jennings

they they suck cock too! kimber,glock, sig, hk, ruger, walther are about the only semi-auto pistols i would cary oh and the springfield xd series and 1911's i would carry them too. nothing else

cjp85 is offline Member
    its narrowed to a glock g19 and yes its a 9mm. i shoot like a pro with those things. and also a sig p229 .40, the main reason why i am deciding on the sig is b/c you can switch out barrels with a 357 sig auto.. 2 guns in one. but i do like the glock, it comes with the accessory rail, its light and easy to conceal. pretty **** accurate and extremely reliable.. oh yeah it holds 16 rounds too. put some sxt or corbon holllow points. i can put off 5 very accurate rounds in about 2 to 3 seconds and still have 11 more to go..... in the back of my mind i am thinking of a glock g36 .45, i like those really compact guns. they shoot well.
    You can't go wrong with any of those. I own a Glock 19 and a Glock 21(45 ACP) and both have never had a problem in thousands of rounds. I'm looking at a Sig 229 myself and I really like the barrel swap feature too, I need to find a 357 Sig barrel for my USP Compact in 40. If you do get the 357 Sig, check out www.doubletapammo.com , the owner of the company posts on a couple shooting forums I go to and his loadings are incredible. Very fast without raising pressures and it is all factory new ammo. Their 357 Sig and 10MM loadings put most of the other brands I've seen to shame. Good luck bro and keep it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    You can't go wrong with any of those. I own a Glock 19 and a Glock 21(45 ACP) and both have never had a problem in thousands of rounds. I'm looking at a Sig 229 myself and I really like the barrel swap feature too, I need to find a 357 Sig barrel for my USP Compact in 40. If you do get the 357 Sig, check out www.doubletapammo.com , the owner of the company posts on a couple shooting forums I go to and his loadings are incredible. Very fast without raising pressures and it is all factory new ammo. Their 357 Sig and 10MM loadings put most of the other brands I've seen to shame. Good luck bro and keep it safe.

how do you like the usp compact? i have looked at them too, i love the balance and the feel of it. i would rather have that than anything but i may want to ccw. they are bulky as hell

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i would buy hk

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    i would buy hk
    the only thing holding me back are a few things about hk,

1. poor customer service
    2. triggers are funny
    3. the magazines are junk
    4. the compact version feel great but too bulky to ccw
    5. the parts are expensive

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcut77
    The only thing taurus is good for is a paper weight. On the food chain of hand guns they are at the bottom. I would not trust my life with it.

I have a pt-145 .45" acp and love it, very reliable, comfortable to shoot and it is my store gun that I stake my life on. Many dark nights have been seen by this pistol. That said glocks etc. are good pistols too ( dang glocks are not easy to reload due to many factors ( handloading, not changing magazines) that won't effect you if you shoot only factory rounds.)

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    I have a pt-145 .45" acp and love it, very reliable, comfortable to shoot and it is my store gun that I stake my life on. Many dark nights have been seen by this pistol. That said glocks etc. are good pistols too ( dang glocks are not easy to reload due to many factors ( handloading, not changing magazines) that won't effect you if you shoot only factory rounds.)
    Please tell me you do not carry with handloads. If you ever get caught in a defensive situation, they will say you loaded them to kill. Jury's eat that sh!t up. Use something called safety slugs, like mag safe or glasier, or federal personal protection. That way if the situation arises your lawyer can make this known.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Please tell me you do not carry with handloads. If you ever get caught in a defensive situation, they will say you loaded them to kill. Jury's eat that sh!t up. Use something called safety slugs, like mag safe or glasier, or federal personal protection. That way if the situation arises your lawyer can make this known.
    I carry federal 230 gr. hydra shoks and reload with 230 gr. cast bullets for practice. You are right about not carring handloads Both shoot to the same point of aim.
    By the way 9mm is ok, but can't bet the .45" acp when it's on the line. I close down my store every night and had a few close calls with would be robbers( never had to use it, but it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it )
    p.s. it sounds like you know something about handloading?
    Last edited by goodcents; 02-09-2005 at 08:37 PM.

cjp85 is offline Member
    how do you like the usp compact? i have looked at them too, i love the balance and the feel of it. i would rather have that than anything but i may want to ccw. they are bulky as hell
    I love my USP. I like it versatility, but my only complaints are things like HK's customer service to non military and LE. They will cover their products, but their civilian customer service dept needs some work. On the plus side, I doubt I will have to ever deal with them because its a great gun. I also dont like the magazine prices, $50 for stamped steel 10 rounders is way too much. It does take a little more effort to conceal my USP than my Glock, but it isn't really a problem unless I'm wearing board shorts and a very light shirt. It's an all around great gun, and I love it along with my Glocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information