Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

how much do you leg press?

i have seen many threads on how much can you bench, squat, or deadlift, but how about leg press?

i have just recently got into leg pressing at my new gym, my old one only went up to 500lbs

yesterday i used in the region of 700lbs for 10 reps, but this was on my 4th set (and this was also after 5 sets of hack squats)

i weigh 205 lbs

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    On the incline leg press, last time I trained I did 8 x 8 with 4 plates on each sides, 30 second rest between sets. Feet together. It was hell. My quads were so full of blood I could see stretch marks forming just looking at them. I guess I could do maybe 6 plates on each side (585 lbs total) a couple of reps.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Haven't done leg press in years.

most pro bodybuilders do well over 1000lbs, i heard one guy on AR said he was doing 1750lbs - although i am thinking this was a misprint - or he was talking outta his @ss

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member
    i don't think leg pressing 1750 is that extreme to not b true, couple of years ago when i was training hardcore legs i was 5"9 160 pounds i was leg pressing 990 pounds for reps till i started having problems with my knees. I was amazed of how fast ur legs gets strong, i started from like doin 4plates each side n worked my way up to 11 plates each side. So if i did that at 160 im sure a lot of guys here who r well over 200-250 pounds could do alot of more.Just my 2cents on leg pressin

I usually get 4 plates on each side for about 5-6 reps.
    I also agree with g-unit that weight makes a big difference in pressing movements.

BDTR is offline Retired
    32 plates. We have one of those with two bars on each side, then higher up two more bars.

I believe Big Ol Legs does more than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    32 plates. We have one of those with two bars on each side, then higher up two more bars.

1440lbs - holy cr"p

and i thought i was doing well with half that

i'm sure i could do 900lbs though if i hadnt done 9 sets presses/hacks before hand

BDTR is offline Retired
    Thats for a set of ten, I dont know what i could press for one rep though.

6-100lb. plates for 2 sets of 8, this is after i've done 3 sets of 400lb. and after I've already done squats!!! I love hittin legs.

Thats for a set of ten, I dont know what i could press for one rep though.

i dunno how much i could do for one rep either - i never go lower than 8 reps on leg press

i dont know how much the sled thing weighs on its own - that may be 45 pounds by itself

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I love working legs. I usually do 800lbs for 4 sets of 8, after squats. Recently I have tried Swole's leg workout and I am down to about 360lbs. 4x15-20.

The worse thing is stacking the weights on and off the machine. That's a workout in itself. I can't imagine putting 32 plates on and off. Prolly adds 30mins. to the workout.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Haven't leg pressed in years. I don't like the one my gym has ( you can only put 30 plates on the thing!) so I stick with squats and hacks..........

D

turbolag87 is offline Associate Member
    ive done 1300lbs before

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Haven't leg pressed in years. I don't like the one my gym has ( you can only put 30 plates on the thing!) so I stick with squats and hacks..........

D
    same thing for me but mine can only takes 24 plates... i dont think i can do many reps with that much maybe 2 or 3...

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    500-700lbs--4 sets of 10-15

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

wow...thats a workout alone to put those plates on

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    3 sets 12 reps 400kg

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    wow...thats a workout alone to put those plates on

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    on a serious note I am not a big fan of legs press as they are usually done after squats and lunges, but around 500-700 pounds repped.. I find by this time my lower back is toast and can't take too much weight

reason i dont do it anymore is that I do not like the pressure it puts on my knees. I love the sport of hockey too much, so leg presses are a nono in my books these days. Funny thing is i rarely work on my legs and just play hockey and I cannot fit into my jeans anymore (leg wise not waist) another reason i dont really work on my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    on a serious note I am not a big fan of legs press as they are usually done after squats and lunges, but around 500-700 pounds repped.. I find by this time my lower back is toast and can't take too much weight

yeah i here ya

my back hurts more with squats though

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I was at 800lbs before I had surgery.

m1514 is offline Junior Member
    + or - 1000lbs when Im at my home gym, Gold's. Usually I work out at the rec center when Im at school, no leg press machine. So for leg day last week my bro and I talked our way into a gym and used theirs. **** thing was all wacked out, wrong angle for your legs, hit too much of my hammy's. It felt like you were pointing your toes at the wall. Weird.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    1440lbs - holy cr"p

and i thought i was doing well with half that

i'm sure i could do 900lbs though if i hadnt done 9 sets presses/hacks before hand
    Actually it would be more because of the weight of the sled, would love to have one of those in my gym (24 hr. fitness) but very few people would use it. I've done 1200 before for reps, but usaully keep it around a 1000 lbs. 10-12 reps each set. When on the juice, 1200 lbs. is pretty easy for me ( looks great when you load it up and everyone else has like 2 plates on each side or some idiot loads 6-8 on each side and goes down like 2" and grunts the whole fvcking way

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i did 990 for a set of 5 but i got scared my knees were going to blow out. not willing to go higher than that with out knee braces. also my calves are very small in comparison to my quads so i will not go up in weight for awhile.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I weigh in the 180's and can do 16 45's on the leg press for 10 to 12 reps and that's after doing 4 set of leg extentions and then hitting 5 sets of squats or hacks. Not great but not bad for my weight.

When I was bulking up last winter I was leg pressing 1200 for 10 reps, and this was after squats. I dont think 17 or 1800 pounds sounds out of the ordinary for some serious bodybuilders

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    8 plates on a side.
    Had to give up regular squats, couldn't find a way to do 'em that didn't mess up my knees. Have similar problems with my elbows, too; all I can do there are hammer curls. Oh well.
    -Tock

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    My heaviest ever was 900 lbs on my 5th set.....2 reps . I was pretty proud of myself. Generally the heaviest I go is 5 plates a side.....10 reps or whatever I can press....if it's more.

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

BDTR is offline Retired
    We also need to set a standard for the leg press. My def of a full leg press is legs as far back as they could possible go while keeping your ass on the seat, no leg wraps and NO locking out. I know for sure i could put up about 600 more lbs for those reps if i could lock out at the top and rest between reps.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Heaviest was 800kgs when I was juicing, right now after almost 3 yrs clean I'm pressing 650kgs +/- for 7-10 reps. I wear wraps too, wouldn't dream of doing legs without them. At 39 now my knee's are shot, I wish I'd wore them from the start.

About the leg press, I don't believe their a good indication of strenght. I pre-exhaust my legs on it before doing the real work. But pressing big weights on it looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    My heaviest ever was 900 lbs on my 5th set.....2 reps . I was pretty proud of myself. Generally the heaviest I go is 5 plates a side.....10 reps or whatever I can press....if it's more.

C.B.

wha wha whattt

but your a girl....

nice one CB - all the women in my gym use the leg press without ANY weights on it

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    We also need to set a standard for the leg press. My def of a full leg press is legs as far back as they could possible go while keeping your ass on the seat, no leg wraps and NO locking out. I know for sure i could put up about 600 more lbs for those reps if i could lock out at the top and rest between reps.

No doubt, not knocking anyones lifts, but I would like to see some peoples definitation of a leg press.

I have gone 950lbs for 8 on the low platform(feet close together). and I have no desire to go over 1200lbs on the top platform.

colossus1 is offline Member
    800lbs.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I have seen a video of Ronnie Coleman doing 2000lbs on a leg press and he was doing them right!!!!!!!!!

Swellin Guest
    Before I started doing DC training, I got 14 plates per side (28 total for you math whizzes) for 8 reps. The guiys spotting me claimed they were all clean, but I know I short stroked two of them. I agree, the rep has to be as deep as possible without lifting your ass, or it doesn't count. Legs out wide so the knees go beside your chest.

As for wraps...anything over 800lbs and I wrap my knees. They hurt like hell anyway. I'm a touch over 30 now, and every joint I have creaks. I don't want it to creak while doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi

C.B.
    Impressive............. not just because you are a women but also because you weigh a lot less then we do.

Locking out on any movement like squat, bench, leg press............ isn't the best idea anyway........ puts too much stress on the joints. My dog tore up my pair of leg wraps about 8 years ago so that was about when I stopped using them.... LOL

But I agree, I see too many guys at the gym trying to use the big weight and never work the intended muscle......... and most of them wonder why they are either getting hurt or never make any changes in thier bodies.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i get around 1300-1400 for a few.. which is alot to most ppl, but i watch ronnie and i know ive got a long way to go..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information