Thread: mossberg pumps?

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

mossberg pumps?

anyone have any problems out of the mossberg 500 or 835 utli pump 12 guages??

so no one here owns a mossberg?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    500 series is reliable, most pumps by the top manufacturers are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    500 series is reliable, most pumps by the top manufacturers are decent.

yeah just curious on how reliable these cheap pumps are

I have a mossberg 500 12 and 20 gauge, they are both very reliable guns. But my 20 gauge is pissing me off because somebody has left a duck plug in there for years, and I think it screwed the spring up or something, because after you pump it once or twice it jams.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I have a mossberg 500 12 and 20 gauge, they are both very reliable guns. But my 20 gauge is pissing me off because somebody has left a duck plug in there for years, and I think it screwed the spring up or something, because after you pump it once or twice it jams.

springs are pretty cheap. should help that out and grease the piss oout of all the working parts also

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    ..mossbergs are just fine. They are kind of like the Ruger of the shotgun world. There are better pumps out there, but for most the Moss will work well.

I wouldn't buy one again..JMO...I bought one when I was 18 and it jammed constantly. I might have had a lemon,but I didnt have it for very long..Imo Remington and Beretta are about the only ones I'd buy... I have an 870 wingmaster and its not even comparable to the 500 or 835...I also owned a mossberg 9200 (semi auto) and had it jam as well. I have an old ass mossberg bolt action .410 that I never use. So I can't really comment about that..For the money imo theres a lot better choices for just a tad bit more cash.

I think it depends on what he is using it for. Beretta's take the cake for skeet shooting, and IMO are a better company all around, but for the money you cant go wrong with a mossberg 500. And mossbergs are like the number one gun for making into an assault shotgun, tons of mods for them, God I'd love to do mine up. Actually my buddy just bgought some NASTY pump. Paid about 1500 for it, I think it's called a Benelli M-1 pump??? He has it mounted in the back of his Z06 Vette, tight gun all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    I wouldn't buy one again..JMO...I bought one when I was 18 and it jammed constantly. I might have had a lemon,but I didnt have it for very long..Imo Remington and Beretta are about the only ones I'd buy... I have an 870 wingmaster and its not even comparable to the 500 or 835...I also owned a mossberg 9200 (semi auto) and had it jam as well. I have an old ass mossberg bolt action .410 that I never use. So I can't really comment about that..For the money imo theres a lot better choices for just a tad bit more cash.

well its cammo and i can get the 835 pump for like 250$, i have a remington 1187 that i love dearly but i dont want to scratch it up. i am hell on guns so i wanted one that i could tear up and not have to worry about it. the 1187 is nice and shiny so it reflects light too much also.. i will use this pump for duck and **** near anyting else i can shoot with it.

Got a Mossberg 500 12ga that my dad handed down to me and he used to hunt with it when he was in the Air Force... so I know it has to be at least 40 years old and I use it yearly...

Still working as well as the day it came out of the factory. I real charm.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Got a Mossberg 500 12ga that my dad handed down to me and he used to hunt with it when he was in the Air Force... so I know it has to be at least 40 years old and I use it yearly...

Still working as well as the day it came out of the factory. I real charm.

Red

nice i just hope that their standard havent dropped in the later years.. i will buy this 835, 28" barrel mossberg. for the price i cant go wrong

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    i shoot a remington 870 express

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    well its cammo and i can get the 835 pump for like 250$, i have a remington 1187 that i love dearly but i dont want to scratch it up. i am hell on guns so i wanted one that i could tear up and not have to worry about it. the 1187 is nice and shiny so it reflects light too much also.. i will use this pump for duck and **** near anyting else i can shoot with it.

I don't know what year your 1187 is but the 835 is 3 1/2 chambered which might help reach out and touch some duck.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    I don't know what year your 1187 is but the 835 is 3 1/2 chambered which might help reach out and touch some duck.

yeah my 1187 is only 3"... i have shot many a duck with that thing but again its shiny and ****.. i do want something that can shoot 31/2 mags.. for the long distance duck and deer. i bear hunt too so the 3 1/2 might come in handy also

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    I have a 500, pistol grip, heat shield, front mounted light. I think its great for the money. I keep it right next to my bed. Just in case someone wants to be brave and wake me up at night. I do take it and shoot it all the time. It has never jammed yet. The remington and benelli are great but pricy.

http://www.thegunrunner.net/sgmarlin.html Here you go.... Not your everyday shotgun.... Not the best looking either,but you could tag a duck a mile away.... Notice 36 inches...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Hey Hung, I've a 20 gauge bolt action...yes a bolt action....and I've had it since I was 13. **** good gun, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Hey Hung, I've a 20 gauge bolt action...yes a bolt action....and I've had it since I was 13. **** good gun, imho.

haha they quit making them back in the 50's hahahahahahaha just kidding man, but my g father has 2 that date back then hahaaha you old sucka

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    They are kind of like the Ruger of the shotgun world.
    Nice analogy.

Thread Information