Thread: Barbados

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member

Barbados

Well, here's the deal. I'm seriously thinking about leaving the states for a couple of years. It's just too boring here, IMO. I'm looking for an adventurous place to go, a place with a low cost of living, hot women, and beaches. I've been to Thailand, so that is up on the top of the list. Actually, here's the list of potential spots:

Thailand
    New Zealand
    Mexico
    Panama
    Costa Rica
    Belize
    Nicaragua
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Australia
    S. Africa
    Croatia
    Ukraine
    Bulgaria
    Italy
    France
    Spain
    Phillipines
    Barbados

I know this topic has been covered recently here, but I'm open to any ideas. I've got about $1000/month to live on and I know that I can live like a king in a lot of places on this list. I love Thailand, but it's the only place on the list that I've been. What I really need is a vacation to go and check some of these places out. In the meantime, any first hand experience is greatly appreciated. I asked Lee Priest this same question in MD a few months ago and he said Thailand. That place is so much fun

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    You can't survive on $1,000 in Barbados.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Costa Rica if you surf bruddah.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I read your question in MD with lee priest! thats crazy, I remember it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    PM Narkissos about barbados.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    I read your question in MD with lee priest! thats crazy, I remember it.
    I remember that sheet too, ****, who would have known the guy asking the question was a member here.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    PM Narkissos about barbados.
    The exchange rate in Barbados is 2 barbados dollars = 1 US dollar and that place is EXPENSIVE unless you learn to live true Bajan. I was there for 3 yrs and I know. A box of cherrios will cost you about 10.00 USD and a **** green tomato will run you about 6 usd. Rent????? Well my house was $3000 USD a month. That didn't even cover water, electric, etc. You might be able to get a room for rent if you don't mind sharing a house with someone.

Good thing public transportation is good cause you don't even want to discuss what a car would cost you.

Oh and suppliments????? You have about two stores to choose from and they are expensive and more expensive.

I could go on and on.....I LOVE Barbados....I would go back in a heart beat second.....but only with a GOOD job or a rich sugar daddy....Nark and Big are still fighting over which one is gonna host me .

So....all I'm saying is.......if you want to live on a limited budget ..... Barbados isn't the easiest place to do it. You could always suppliment your income by selling aloe or ganja to the british tourists or coconut water to the locals. How are your tree climing skills ..... gotta climb to get those coconuts!
    Last edited by Commando_Barbi; 02-10-2005 at 12:18 AM.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Word has it that Narkisoss is a very highly paid "actor" in the barabdos version of "El Donkey Show". So unless you are willing to do what he does (which no person in their right mind would), then get more than 1000/month for barbados!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Bad-mouthing basturds all of you

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Bad-mouthing basturds all of you
    Now you know better. I consider Barbados HOME. But I'm also realistic and you cannot survive there on 1,000 usd. Can't do it.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    "El Donkey Show"

While it is agreed that the cost of living is high in Barbados.. i think CB suffered cus she lived inthe wrong area...the 'tourist' area

You could probably survive here on USD $1500 a month with instruction.

Conversely... you could definately survive in Trinidad or Jamaica on USD $1000 a month..but they're not as beautiful as Barbados.

St.Lucia would be a great place for you to chill for a couple months

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Now you know better. I consider Barbados HOME. But I'm also realistic and you cannot survive there on 1,000 usd. Can't do it.
    That depends on the area C.B. you know that

Personally.. i survive on $400 USD a month

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    That depends on the area C.B. you know that

Personally.. i survive on $400 USD a month
    Note I said if you live true Bajan style. True...I lived in Sandy Lane...LOL so I couldn't make it on 1,000 a month. Can't pay for a maid on that amount!!

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I like St. Martin

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    goto brazil so u can tell me how it is....thats where im saving to go for a while, but I'm a long way off as of now.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I think I really need to take a vacation for a couple months and go check some of these places out. I was planning on going to Thailand like the day I got out of the military, just to kind of unwind. I was going to go straight to Phuket, Patong Beach. If I'd have went there, like I was going to, I'd have been right there when the Tsunami hit. Good thing I went to Wisconsin instead. no tsunamis there. My girlfriend from a couple of months back said that Brazilian chicks are the hottest in the world, and she was from Russia...so I guess she knows what hot chicks look like. Ahhh....so many choices.

Thread Information