Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

Superior races within the human form?

I have thought about this alot lately why some people are stronger and how some can build bigger,fuller muscles than others,why some people always suffer from illness and why some never get ill at all.

We all blame our genetics or bless them! I have come to the conclusion that there are different genetic "pools" within the human form just as there are in the animal kingdom.Take for example monkeys you have a various sizes strengths and abilitys just as we do with humans.

So my question is if we can determine that there are superior races within the human culture which I firmly beleive there is and we know of the weaker races eg diesease should we study the genetics of these stronger races and manipulate the dna of the weaker ones in an attempt to erradicate some of the worlds dieseases? I know you would be playing God and there would be a lot of moral issues but I,m just interested in your replies.

Hey Mike and TNT I know you will give me a run for my money LOL

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I think it would be playing god..Plus if you got rid of all the dieseases the planet would get over crowded...

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, I think using the term 'race' is not apropos here. I think your phrase 'pools of genes' is a better term.

Certainly there are lots of scientists already working on the genetics of inherited diseases. Great! Fantastic!

I don't think that is playing God; God gave us brains and ambition to overcome the problems that the world presents to us--from getting a full meal and staying dry to curing cancer and juveile diabetes.

I don't think that curing congenital illnesses is a problem either. I think that people irresponsbily procreating and having 10 poorly fed and uneducated kids is a far bigger threat...

deh310 is offline New Member
    I agree with ajax, it would not really be playing god. In fact its almost naieve of us to think that we could even make that comparison. We should do all and everything within our power to help the human race. Just my .02

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    This may sound cold....but leave things the way they are. It's Darwin's theory of "Natural Selection" in action.

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member
    I agree 100% with Ajax, nice response bro.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Ajax in a couple of things. First, race is definately not the right word, and second, what sets up apart from the rest of the animal kingdom is that we have the brainpower to take care of ourselves through inventions/discoveries rather than pure strength or speed. This "playing God" that people so often speak of, is used every day. If we are to let the weak die, and the strong live, there would be very few of us left...we all get sick, and at some point need medical attention. Is a surgion playing God when he works on a car crash victom, or when someone stops breathing and C.P.R is administured, are we playing God then, because that person should die "because they are weak"? Of course not! But why when the scientific community speaks of research that will prevent many of the diseases that plague us, do we find objection?

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Hey I saw this movie...Very good one actually. Uma Thurman & Etan Hawke. It's all about playing God & kinda scary.
    Devildeity.....help me out please with the name of the movie. Or anyone else who may know.
    Starts with a "G".
    Thanks Babyweight

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Great points Broncojosh (sometimes I'll abbreviate people usernames by using their initials...but after typing BJ I decided against it )). Your arguement is valid and makes snese to me. I agree wholeheartedly that race plays no determinming factor. However, I'm not so sure our superior brain power gives us carte blanche to run this planet as we see fit. I for one am grateful that I live in a country where, if I'm involved in an accident doctors can heal life threatening injuries with medicine, BUT having the best most educated people in the world doesn't ensure a low mortality rate. For example India is one of the most populous regions in the world and thier prolification of the species has resulted in millions and millions living in poverty and dying of various diseases resulting from the squalor. However, they have some of the most intelligent thinkers and best doctors in the world. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, as intelligent as we are as a species, we still do not know how to control our population growth...whether it's for religious reasons or ignorance, the human race is over populating the planet and we will continue to grow like a plague or disease (yes...I ripped that off from the Matrix ).

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Any crossing of two beings not at exactly the same level produces a medium between the level of the two parents. This means: the offspring will probably stand higher than the racially lower parent, but not as high as the higher one. Consequently, it will later succumb in the struggle against the higher level. Such mating is contrary to the will of Nature for a higher breeding of all life. The precondition for this does not lie in associating superior and inferior, but in the total victory of the former. The stronger must dominate and not blend with the weaker, thus sacrificing his own greatness. Only the born weakling can view this as cruel, but he after all is only a weak and limited man; for if this law did not prevail, any conceivable higher development of organic living beings would be unthinkable.

Therefore, here, too, the struggle among themselves arises less from inner aversion than from hunger and love. In both cases, Nature looks on calmly, with satisfaction, in fact. In the struggle for daily bread all those who are weak and sickly or less determined succumb, while the struggle of the males for the female grants the right of opportunity to propagate only to the healthiest. And struggle is always a means for improving a species' health and power of resistance and, therefore, a cause of its higher development.

Adolf Hitler
    Mein Kampf

Sorry Bro's, you knew this was coming. Makes you think doesn't it. I studied political philosophy in college and want you all to see how close everyone is to a certain person's ideology when discussing human species superiority. If you really believe certain human species and races are superior, than you agree with the above person. Simple as that. For the record, I understand why Billy Boy believes and can argue about certain genetic superiority, but we just cannot do that. If you do, well, you know were I'm going. Regardless of the consequences, We must believe all people, regardless of color, religion, sexuality, etc, are created and inherently equal. Only this way can we stop hatred, bigotry, racial profiling, and create a better world for ourselves and our children. Over 30 million people died in order to defeat the above person. Lets make sure we remember what they died for.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Ajax
    I don't think that curing congenital illnesses is a problem either. I think that people irresponsbily procreating and having 10 poorly fed and uneducated kids is a far bigger threat...
    Amen Ajax. Ignorance and fear of divine retribution are the worst enemies we face on planet Earth today. If we can educate those from the poorest countries and liberate them from the chains that bind them (their lack of education) we could change the overcrowding world in which we live in.

If you'll notice the countries with the highest levels of education are the ones with a steady or declining population, yet those of the poorest educated and most militantly religious are among those with the highest birthrates.

Originally posted by Pete235
    This may sound cold....but leave things the way they are. It's Darwin's theory of "Natural Selection" in action.
    But Pete what if you and your wife were to have another child, say a daughter, who it turns out has a congenital or terminal disease that could have been cured or avoided if we had only had the science to stop it.

How would you feel as she lay dying in your arms, and you know that if we had done more we could have saved her?

Would you be extolling the virtues of *Natural Selection* then?

Originally posted by broncojosh
    I agree with Ajax in a couple of things. First, race is definately not the right word, and second, what sets up apart from the rest of the animal kingdom is that we have the brainpower to take care of ourselves through inventions/discoveries rather than pure strength or speed. This "playing God" that people so often speak of, is used every day. If we are to let the weak die, and the strong live, there would be very few of us left...we all get sick, and at some point need medical attention. Is a surgion playing God when he works on a car crash victom, or when someone stops breathing and C.P.R is administured, are we playing God then, because that person should die "because they are weak"? Of course not! But why when the scientific community speaks of research that will prevent many of the diseases that plague us, do we find objection?
    Very well put Bronco !

By the way dude, good to see you back online You here in Florida yet?

Originally posted by Babyweight
    Hey I saw this movie...Very good one actually. Uma Thurman & Etan Hawke. It's all about playing God & kinda scary.
    Devildeity.....help me out please with the name of the movie. Or anyone else who may know.
    Starts with a "G".
    Thanks Babyweight
    I believe the title is *Jeremiah*. I think it opened this past weekend.

Originally posted by FRANK WHITE
    Sorry Bro's, you knew this was coming. Makes you think doesn't it. I studied political philosophy in college and want you all to see how close everyone is to a certain person's ideology when discussing human species superiority. If you really believe certain human species and races are superior, than you agree with the above person. Simple as that. For the record, I understand why Billy Boy believes and can argue about certain genetic superiority, but we just cannot do that. If you do, well, you know were I'm going. Regardless of the consequences, We must believe all people, regardless of color, religion, sexuality, etc, are created and inherently equal. Only this way can we stop hatred, bigotry, racial profiling, and create a better world for ourselves and our children. Over 30 million people died in order to defeat the above person. Lets make sure we remember what they died for.
    Reality check for some folks I'm sure.....and I'm certain that they never intended to sound like *that person*, and I am pretty certain that to a tee, every one of them are disgusted by the fact they sounded like him, but in fact they were avoctaing his polices.

(not an exact quote and I will paraphrase. Also from whom I'm not certain)

"When man forgets the past, he is doomed to repeat it"

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever

I believe the title is *Jeremiah*. I think it opened this past weekend.
    Canes, The name of the movie is "Gattaca". I couldn't think of the name, thanks to DD.

Kasushi sakuraba is offline Junior Member
    Right on Frank White! Need I say more

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Alright, FRANK!!!!!!!!! That's my boy. You always make me so proud. You're a good son. I thought it and you said it. Scary! That one wasn't even because we spend so much time together!
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

I don't think that curing congenital illnesses is a problem either. I think that people irresponsbily procreating and having 10 poorly fed and uneducated kids is a far bigger threat... [/B][/QUOTE]

May be they have that amount of kids because the survival rate is very slim.I think that comes down to lack of education and money within the country and the people.

Any crossing of two beings not at exactly the same level produces a medium between the level of the two parents. This means: the offspring will probably stand higher than the racially lower parent, but not as high as the higher one. Consequently, it will later succumb in the struggle against the higher level. Such mating is contrary to the will of Nature for a higher breeding of all life. The precondition for this does not lie in associating superior and inferior, but in the total victory of the former. The stronger must dominate and not blend with the weaker, thus sacrificing his own greatness. Only the born weakling can view this as cruel, but he after all is only a weak and limited man; for if this law did not prevail, any conceivable higher development of organic living beings would be unthinkable.

Therefore, here, too, the struggle among themselves arises less from inner aversion than from hunger and love. In both cases, Nature looks on calmly, with satisfaction, in fact. In the struggle for daily bread all those who are weak and sickly or less determined succumb, while the struggle of the males for the female grants the right of opportunity to propagate only to the healthiest. And struggle is always a means for improving a species' health and power of resistance and, therefore, a cause of its higher development.

Adolf Hitler
    Mein Kampf

Very good reply bro,I,m not the next Adolf Hitler trust me.
    I treat everyone as equal but in the back of my mind I firmly believe that there are superior genetics and groups of people within this world.If these people were sought out and grouped together they would be superior races when compared to those "average" people.I believe this is fact and there is no denying it , it is on show each and everyday whether we choose to accept it and notice it or whether we turn a blind eye to it.

On a moral issue I agree and I have said it many times sexuality,colour,religion should'nt matter in this world.I,m no better or no worse than anyone else.

Just a note on the playing God part this is another thing that is done everyday and we accept it yet we talk about cloning and everyone says we are playing God.We have been playing that role for 000,s of years everytime someone saves a life we play it.

Pete I disagree with you bro are you telling me that when my daughter who was less then 24hrs old stopped breathing I should have left her and not done CPR? As Darwins said "Natural Selection" Not in my house or my life,but I do agree with you that if everyone was saved we would be over populated.

Originally posted by Billy Boy

Very good reply bro,I,m not the next Adolf Hitler trust me.
    I treat everyone as equal but in the back of my mind I firmly believe that there are superior genetics and groups of people within this world.If these people were sought out and grouped together they would be superior races when compared to those "average" people.I believe this is fact and there is no denying it , it is on show each and everyday whether we choose to accept it and notice it or whether we turn a blind eye to it.

On a moral issue I agree and I have said it many times sexuality,colour,religion should'nt matter in this world.I,m no better or no worse than anyone else.

Billy I think that what you meant was, INSIDE each race there are superior genetic beings, and its these folks that should be studied and worked on so that we can see what it is that makes them superior in their race. If this was accomplished, then certain diseases that attack other races more than others (such as sickel cell ænemia in blacks) might be allieviated.

It's obvious that some humans have better genetics than others. The guys on the Mr. Olympia stage would be up there even if there was no such thing as gear and all they did was just workout. Just my 2¢.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    What is superior in one environment, may not be superior in another environment. That is why Natural Selection works. The bottom line is that we do not have to play God, he's doing a fine job.

If the human race never finds a cure for AIDS, it will not be the end of the human race. There are some people (actually 10% of the white population) who lack a protein on the T cell. This protein is essential for the HIV virus to attach itself to the cell. Thus the body finds the virus and kills it in 10% of whites. This has actually occured a long time ago in wild cats. Almost all wild cats are immune to feline definicy virus (the cat version of HIV). A long time ago the disease wiped out all the cats that were not immune to the virus.

Now the question lies, can we create superior people and remove disease from society. No. There is a constant struggle between organisms for survival.

Look at sicle cell anemia in Africa. Lets say AA = normal red blood cells; aa = sicle cell; and Aa = a combination of the two. Those people who have AA can get milaria and die. Those who get aa have inefficent red blood cells that cannot properly carry oxygen, so they tend to die young. But those people who are Aa have decent red blood cells that can carry oxygen, but also, because of the shape of the red blood cell, the disease cannot attach itself and these people are immune to milaria. When the two "geneticly prefered" people (Aa) have 4 children, statistically they will have a kid with AA, a kid with aa, and 2 kids with Aa. Thus the environment plays a pivital role as to who lives and who dies.

Remember, every generation we, as a species, are evolving. These genetic mutations in all of us is what keeps us alive. As we evolve to be better equiped to fight disease, diseases evolve to try to infect us.

We may be able to play with people's genes, but it will be the death of us. We, as a species, need as much genetic variation as we can. If for example, if we accidentally removed all people who were were not AA (meaning healthy red blood cells and no immunity to sicle cell) and sicle cell enters the population, everyone will die (because only AA'a are left).

While it is good to be tall and skinny in Africa, it is not good to be tall and skinny in Alaska.

Our genes are a product of our environment. As our environment changes, so do we. If we change ourselves, we are no longer adapted to our environment and we would be setting ourselves up to be distroyed.

Excellent post BigGunz

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Excellent post BigGunz
    Ditto! BigGunz. Really enjoyed your post. And you to Veg. Excellent Post Bro. Mr. Canes, I think you hit a bullseye when stating its not Races which are genetically superior, but certain people within all races who excell at different things due to genetics and many other variables. Excellent Point my friend.Thanks Bro's.

Ditto! BigGunz. Really enjoyed your post. And you to Veg. Excellent Post Bro. Mr. Canes, I think you hit a bullseye when stating its not Races which are genetically superior, but certain people within all races who excell at different things due to genetics and many other variables. Excellent Point my friend.Thanks Bro's.
    <---- bowing in a gentlemanly fashion to Mr Frank White.

<Southern accent>

Thank ya Suh, always nice to chat with anotha gentleman.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I have to agree with frank,pete,diesel ,
    But mankind is and has always been a pompass creature, who are we to mess with the nature of things so to say , I have thought that mankind was foolish to think for one that we are the most advanced lifeform on this planet or in all of creation ,and no I dont beleve in little green men ,but who are we ??????? I think that if say we started here 1000,000 years ago and say another race started 2 solar systems away 10000,000 years ago , Then would they not look on us in say The same manor that we look at the ape , would they not think us savage , still killing each outher, still destroying our planet , still incapable of living in peace and feeding everyone on this planet ,but yet we try to play god ,When we still cant seem to master these simple things ,if we truely could play god !! Sorry for the rant peeps ,just my opp!

Originally posted by gymnut4u
    I have to agree with frank,pete,diesel ,
    But mankind is and has always been a pompass creature, who are we to mess with the nature of things so to say , I have thought that mankind was foolish to think for one that we are the most advanced lifeform on this planet or in all of creation ,and no I dont beleve in little green men ,but who are we ??????? I think that if say we started here 1000,000 years ago and say another race started 2 solar systems away 10000,000 years ago , Then would they not look on us in say The same manor that we look at the ape , would they not think us savage , still killing each outher, still destroying our planet , still incapable of living in peace and feeding everyone on this planet ,but yet we try to play god ,When we still cant seem to master these simple things ,if we truely could play god !! Sorry for the rant peeps ,just my opp!
    I know what you mean and hear ya Gymnut.....

It's late bro's I'm finally outta here for tonight

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Pete235
    My feelings exactly. The great thing about the world is the differences, even strength and weakness.

Thread Information